+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Friends and Family of the JOES

  1. #11
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    75
    >> What is capoeira?

    type of Brazilian martial arts

  2. #12
    FORT Newbie Chorona88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    What is capoeira?
    Capoeira is an afro-brazilian martial art that is a combination of dance, gymnastics, music, and fighting techniques. It was created by African slaves in the portugese colonies of Brazil, who created the dancing around the fighting techniques to hide that they were learning to defend themselves. It's very fun and beautiful to see if you get the chance. It's been growing very rapidly in America, so if you look it up on the internet, you should be able to find some capoeira groups near you so that you might be able to see a demo or something. If you're intimidated or cannot find a capoeira group near you, you can always rent a movie called "Only the Strong" with Marc Dascos (sp?) in it. It's the movie that introduced many of us who are now training, to capoeira. And has some pretty good capoeira scenes in the beginning of the movie, and the end of the movie. The ones in the middle are kind of half-butt because the actors (students) were taught the basics in a very short time. But the people in the opening scene and closing scenes are actual capoeiristas. If you want to learn more, email me at Lil_Island_Girl88@yahoo.com.

  3. #13
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    9

    How I know Brad

    I went to theater camp with Brad. He is one of the coolest, sweetest, most talented guys I have ever met. It's so weird seeing him on a show where he's being touted as "average," because I NEVER saw him that way. And I don't think anyone else who has met him would call him average or below average either. I bet he makes it far on the show.

  4. #14
    FORT Newbie Chorona88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by lurky
    I went to theater camp with Brad. He is one of the coolest, sweetest, most talented guys I have ever met. It's so weird seeing him on a show where he's being touted as "average," because I NEVER saw him that way. And I don't think anyone else who has met him would call him average or below average either. I bet he makes it far on the show.
    Same with John! He's such a wonderful ball of energy that he's far from average!

  5. #15
    FORT Newbie Avg John's Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorona88
    "Only the Strong" with Marc Dascos (sp?) in it. It's the movie that introduced many of us who are now training, to capoeira
    The two most recent pop culture references to Capoeira are probably the character Eddie Gordo from the video game Tekken 3. Also the reference in the movie Zoolander in which Mugatu states that Zoolander and Hansel are "Breakdance fighting", which to the lay onlooker is much what capoeira looks like. Maybe John will bust some moves on the show at some point.

    PS I, too, am family of a Joe. That Joe would be John...

    -Paul

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdgradeteach
    Hello all, I'm Craig's mother. Yes Craig interviewed for a show called "LIFE of the PARTY" also.
    Craig is very sure of himself and never wants for female companionship. He's intelligent, fun and hardworking. Everyone that meets him comes to love him. He has a take me as I am additude and I love him for it.
    Craig has not told me anything about the show except that he had a great time doing it.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _______

    I just wanted to say hi to you and good luck to Craig. Craig reminds me so much of my son. He's a BIG guy too, but very personable and fun loving and the girls seem to like him just fine. What he loves is to stand next to me while I introduce him as "my baby". He's 6'4" and I'm 5'2". Yep... he gets it from his dad!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #17
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdgradeteach
    Hello all, I'm Craig's mother. Yes Craig interviewed for a show called "LIFE of the PARTY" also.
    Craig is very sure of himself and never wants for female companionship. He's intelligent, fun and hardworking. Everyone that meets him comes to love him. He has a take me as I am additude and I love him for it.
    Craig has not told me anything about the show except that he had a great time doing it.

    Great to see you here, Craig's Mom! I really like Craig, he seems like a great guy!

  8. #18
    Oh Really? Wilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    33
    Posts
    138


    Hello to all the Average Joe friends and family! It's so cool that you are here and will be able to give us a bit of insight into these colorful, cool, guys! I like all of the boys already and am definitely looking forward to the season.

    Can anyone tell us if their friend/family members were "hired" (i.e., paid) to be on the show? That disclaimer at the end is still bothering me. Thanks!
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

  9. #19
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lurky
    I went to theater camp with Brad. He is one of the coolest, sweetest, most talented guys I have ever met. It's so weird seeing him on a show where he's being touted as "average," because I NEVER saw him that way. And I don't think anyone else who has met him would call him average or below average either. I bet he makes it far on the show.
    Hi -
    Are these people really from the places they say they are?? I could swear I've seen Brad in Kansas City..... just curious

  10. #20
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by louise88
    Hi -
    Are these people really from the places they say they are?? I could swear I've seen Brad in Kansas City..... just curious

    Brad's from Michigan and now lives in California. I really doubt that he's being paid for the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.