+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melana walks off the set of Average Joe

Really though does anyone think that they, whoever she picks, will stay together?

Quote Originally Posted by finley
    Really though does anyone think that they, whoever she picks, will stay together?
    Probably not, but I was actually quite impressed with her last night. She was expecting A and go Z and had to take a moment to recover. Then she honestly seemed to go down and try to have a good time, she laughed and was silly and genuine - imho anyway - And she didn't drop the "least average" guys first either, I thought Eric was one of the nicest and best looking, I was surprised he got the boot so quick. We shall see if she is able to keep it up.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by drkim
    Yeah she did walk off and she did say is someone messing with my head? I'm not real impressed with her so far although I'll give her props for being nice to the guys during what must have been a shock. We'll see as the weeks go by if we like her or not.
    Well remember that NONE of the 'bachlorettes' have to subject themselves to this process to find guys. They just want the TV exposure. So Malena was probably pissed off at first that her show was a joke but then she thought about it and probably got some help from the producers and realized that this was actually a more attention grabbing situation than a conventional show would provide. Plus she doesn't have any pressure of possibly finding a guy. So she will let a few frogs kiss her for a few days and then go back to her world of good looking guys.

Which I have trouble faulting her for, BTW. She's won beauty pageants and has a cool entertainment job for the KC Cheifs. I would want a hot looking guy also.

Quote Originally Posted by skwadim
    I can imagine how Kathy convinced her to get back in it:

I think I have an idea how they convinced her to stay.

The little disclaimer in the closing credits that says something like "some participants were compensated for appearing on the show".

They just paid her.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Schmo

The little disclaimer in the closing credits that says something like "some participants were compensated for appearing on the show".

They just paid her.

I think if she actually did walk off. This answer has to be the way they brought her back.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    She went to a desert near the site of the show to get away.
    I was intrigued by this story and was thinking about it while watching last night. I had to laugh when we found out she was in a beautiful house overlooking Palm Springs. Of course she walked into a desert!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Schmo

They just paid her.

She did sign a contract which may have clauses about suing her for millions of dollars if she walked out on the production. There are clauses in the contracts for The Bachelor and The Bachelorette making the participants libel for millions if they tell who the winner is.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by finley
    I know how they got her to go on with the show. The reminded her how shallow she would look on tv if she left. Nothing like good old shame as a social control.
    I have no sympathy for her. She said it herself she doesn't care for looks (much). She deserves what she got.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I have no sympathy for her. She said it herself she doesn't care for looks (much). She deserves what she got.
    I never heard her say that--the narrator merely reported to the viewers that Melana has said that. Who knows what the context is? She could have said--"looks are important but a person's character is paramount."
    I would hardly interpret that as, "please fix me up with an obese guy with Rosacia." (Sorry if you have Rosacia but that drink-spiller guy looked pretty darned rosy.)

She admitted herself that she wanted personality over looks. Kind of a "be careful what you wish for, you just may get it" situation. I thought it was a little out of line to have the hot guy show up just to tell her he wasn't staying and some "great guys" were coming. What the hell was that about? I would have walked initially too. The fact of the matter is they would never had a girl that looks like her to do this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast