+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: John

I think when people are in a stressful situation and are pretty isolated from others, then bonding comes quicker and is more intense.

If a guy crys, so what? Maybe I'm a girl who rarely crys but, I think crying to relieve stress is natural and more healthy. Good for him for not being a male statue from the 40's standards.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I think when people are in a stressful situation and are pretty isolated from others, then bonding comes quicker and is more intense.

If a guy crys, so what? Maybe I'm a girl who rarely crys but, I think crying to relieve stress is natural and more healthy. Good for him for not being a male statue from the 40's standards.
    In one magazine I've read it stated the male characters on the NBC show "Friends" were the best male rolemodels since they expressed their feelings truthfully. I don't watch Friends anymore.

Maybe by "best friend" John simply meant "best friend on this show." And the crying after he argued with Zach -- for some people, tears are an involuntary reaction to stress or frustration.
    I still thinking the singing and overreaction to the kiss were a bit much, but lord, if that's the worst thing a guy does on a date, sometimes the woman should consider herself lucky. I once told a date that I had my mother's nose, and he looked at me and said that he'd heard people with larger noses had a "greater psychic awareness." Psychically, I sensed there would be no second date. If he'd sang, he might have had a better chance.
    Still liking John. But I think he'll get hurt.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    In one magazine I've read it stated the male characters on the NBC show "Friends" were the best male rolemodels since they expressed their feelings truthfully. I don't watch Friends anymore.
    so you'd rather someone lie to you if they told you what you wanted to hear?
    Last edited by duckgirl; 11-11-2003 at 04:00 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Let's see, we've seen John crying, Dennis crying, and even ZACH crying.

Looks like you won't be watching the show much longer, Rab.... We'll miss you!!!!!
    Last edited by leafgrrrl; 11-11-2003 at 03:01 PM.

And this means...?
    Strong men hide their feelings if they have any? It's not masculine to share feelings or that it is something to be ashamed of? Perhaps you meant something else.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    And this means...?
    Strong men hide their feelings if they have any? It's not masculine to share feelings or that it is something to be ashamed of? Perhaps you meant something else.
    I'm just saying, although I don't like John, it was nice of him to put everything out there by saying he didn't like Zach from day 1 at his face. Props to him. And my last post was mainly in reponse to enigma who thought no one should cry over losing a friend they had known for only a couple of days. My friend cried over a ladybug he only knew for less than 10 minutes after accidently stepping on it. I was going somewhere with this but it ecaped me. >_>

john's cuz - would you rather hear someone say "I hate your f***ing guts" or "I'm sorry but we don't get along very well"?
    Last edited by eny; 11-11-2003 at 03:56 PM. Reason: edited for personal slam

would you rather hear someone say "I hate your f***ing guts" or "I'm sorry but we don't get along very well"?
    I say why waste your energy on a person that will pass through your life in a blink?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I say why waste your energy on a person that will pass through your life in a blink?
    Well if I were to live with 15 other guys I wouldn't try giving off the impression I'm a jerk by throwing eggs, calling them geeks or cause conflict. They don't know how long each of them will be in the house so they could've tried working things out.

Well if I were to live with 15 other guys I wouldn't try giving off the impression I'm a jerk by throwing eggs, calling them geeks or cause conflict. They don't know how long each of them will be in the house so they could've tried working things out.
    That is the smartest thing to do!!! Plus, IMO, it's just not a way to live your life.

+ Reply to Thread