+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 301

Thread: John

  1. #231
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Yes...and it is for that very reason that my guests and I wanted to hear from John's family, shedding some light on it. Do we have a translator in the house that knows the specialness of the lyrics?

    Who thinks that Melana has already used the book as a coaster or to pick the spinach out of her teeth, before kissing Zach?
    ...I try to get out, but they keep sucking me back ....

    If you know two things about John, they are this, He speaks fluent German (...lived in Germany for two years, has a degree in German), and he sings (...from Boy Choir at age 8 to currently fronting a rock band).

    It would make sense at some point for someone to ask, "Hey John, sing a song in German!"

    MY two favorite German songs that John "has" are (please excuse the butchered spelling...I neither speak German nor write it....) "Katzin Kleus", which means, "Cat Toilet". and the Bavarian song, "Kraw Hert e Model Mog e Nay", which translates to, "I Don't Want a City Girl."

    Either one of these songs is certainly funnier than the ballad John sang, and also has the advantage of actually being in John's vocal range. I wonder at the response of the viewers if he had broken into "Cat Toilet," or the even more appropriate, "I Don't Want a City Girl" at the camp site. No, John chose to go with a beautiful romantic ballad about Vienna. Also, unfortunately, he learned this song when he was in the La Crosse Boy Choir, when he was a soprano. He is currently a baritone. This can cause problems.

    I saw the dinner sequence as well, and Adam did ask John to sing the song. (...good insight by endalQ...thanks!) The closing performance appeared to be John alone with the cameraman (and the coyotes...) By this time, "Vienna, City of My Dreams" had become a joke, even to John. He was definitely in on it...

    "I Don't Want a City Girl"

    I don't want a city girl
    ...they have skinny legs
    I want a country girl
    ... they have nice fat legs.

    Chorus) yodel, yodel

    Now there's a song I can get behind...

    (Lastly, mmmm the song in the book was not the German song, but a love song John had written, [not for Melana], he sings it in concert, "Would You Know?")
    Last edited by John's Mom; 12-01-2003 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #232
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,870
    I tell you what, John's Mom, if John had chosen to sing Melana a song called "Cat Toilet", I totally would have supported that.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

  3. #233
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    John's Mom, thanks for the insight. BTW, your input is always welcomed here! I too would have preferred that he sing that Cat's toliet song to Melana after she criticized his first go at signing the song on TV after she praised him.

    I have a question. Does he easily get attached to girls quickly or was it just Melana? The way he spoke to her, he seemed very attached etc.

  4. #234
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    John's Mom, thanks for the insight. BTW, your input is always welcomed here! I too would have preferred that he sing that Cat's toliet song to Melana after she criticized his first go at signing the song on TV after she praised him.

    I have a question. Does he easily get attached to girls quickly or was it just Melana? The way he spoke to her, he seemed very attached etc.
    eldee,

    That's harder to say. I think John takes a long time to warm up to a girl, lots of friendship stuff before moving into romantic territory. And his serious relationships lasted years. So he doesn't do one night stands, and he's not a player, which I assume would put him at a disadvantage on this kind of show.

    The isolation part....in any situation where you take 16 rational, mature, adults, and isolate them for a month, it turns into junior high school. I don't know WHY it happens, It just happens. It happened to a group I was isolated with a few years back, it happens on Survivor, it happens on Big Brother. That's why the shows are so compelling. We've been there. (...AND we all think that we're beyond that...).

    I can tell you that John really liked Melana, that he thought she was smart, and funny, and fun to be with. He had a great time on their date (...she did, too). Was he in love with her? I don't know...it might have been the isolation, it might have been the show, it might have been the competition...the testosterone level with being around only highly competitive men all the time. (They only saw Melana one a week....). ...or he might have seriously fallen for Melana.
    Last edited by John's Mom; 12-01-2003 at 05:18 PM.

  5. #235
    FORT Fogey lambikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I tell you what, John's Mom, if John had chosen to sing Melana a song called "Cat Toilet", I totally would have supported that.
    Or, a duet between John and Phoebe Buffay, singing SMELLY CAT!!

    Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?

    Smelly cat, smelly cat, it's not your fault.

    They won't take you to the vet.

    You're obviously not their favorite pet.

    You may not be a bed of roses,

    And you're no friend to those with noses.

    Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?

    Smelly cat, smelly cat, it's not your fault.



    John's Mom: Thanks for being such a good sport about this entire series of events! You ARE the best!!!

    You have to figure that these shows wouldn't be a success without the viewers getting sucked into the lives of the participants. Once there, we see things and hear things (what the producers show us) that make us sit at home and go, "They did what?!" When the relatives care enough about their relatives to brave a public forum, they only help us understand and care about them even more.

    The girl that won AMERICA'S TOP MODEL, had a site run by her cousin where you could go and have all your legitimate questions about her answered. It was nice and greatly reduced the snark and speculation about her, Adrianne. They also had gave her print-outs of all the posts of well-wishings that we sent her.

    I'll try to not suck you back to this site again! Gracias!

  6. #236
    FORT Fogey lambikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by John's Mom

    That's harder to say. I think John takes a long time to warm up to a girl, lots of friendship stuff before moving into romantic territory. And his serious relationships lasted years. So he doesn't do one night stands, and he's not a player...
    One more question, John's Mom, before you scamper off forever:

    I don't know when John was actually released from the show, as opposed to when the aired show released him, but, since the national exposure, has he enjoyed an insurgence of dates?

    Visiting this thread, you can see that many women thought him dishy and date-worthy; it would be nice to know that if he didn't end up with the cheerleader, he at least got the Chess Club girl.

  7. #237
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by John's Mom
    eldee,

    That's harder to say. I think John takes a long time to warm up to a girl, lots of friendship stuff before moving into romantic territory. And his serious relationships lasted years. So he doesn't do one night stands, and he's not a player, which I assume would put him at a disadvantage on this kind of show.

    The isolation part....in any situation where you take 16 rational, mature, adults, and isolate them for a month, it turns into junior high school. I don't know WHY it happens, It just happens. It happened to a group I was isolated with a few years back, it happens on Survivor, it happens on Big Brother. That's why the shows are so compelling. We've been there. (...AND we all think that we're beyond that...).

    I can tell you that John really liked Melana, that he thought she was smart, and funny, and fun to be with. He had a great time on their date (...she did, too). Was he in love with her? I don't know...it might have been the isolation, it might have been the show, it might have been the competition...the testosterone level with being around only highly competitive men all the time. (They only saw Melana one a week....). ...or he might have seriously fallen for Melana.

    So, has John found any lady that he's interested in since the show? If so, she'd be a lucky lady.

  8. #238
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    35
    John's Mom - when was John born?

  9. #239
    FORT Newbie JessTheVagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    los angeles, ca
    Posts
    26
    john yodeled on the show that time he sang? i cant believe i missed it! that is so kool. seriously. i dont know if anyone on here see's Egg: The Arts Show but they had this whole episode dedicated to yodeling and the history and everything. i thought it was so kool. id like to learn.

    do you think they'll ever reair it?

  10. #240
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    26
    So many questions....so little time.

    Jess, John didn't yodel on the show, and I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. The Bavarian song he DIDN'T sing has yodeling in it.

    Howard, John's birthday is October 12, 1976.

    lamb and inthlght
    , A little harder question. John didn't try out for a dating show, the show he tried out for was "Life of the Party." You see, the producers were playing twists even before the show started shooting. Once the guys were in Palm Springs, they slipped it to them that this was "Average Joe", a dating elimination show, and not the comedy/schick fun guy show, "Life of the Party."

    So....John was not looking for a permanent relationship when he signed on to do "Average Joe/Life of the Party."

    He's just cracking into the film industry after skirting around Hollywood for several years, doing film internships in Germany, being a fish wrangler on an indie film, a sound guy at football games in Wisconsin. He ended up getting a job as a Director's Assistant in LA, but it's tough going. He's lived at seven different addresses in the last year.

    If he meets "The Girl," it's all good, but he has a way to go before he can put together a life with home, hearth and children. He's still young.

    Having said that, he is getting e-mails, telephone calls, young ladies showing up at our door from town wanting to meet him. He's being stopped at airports and in restaurants. He is enjoying the attention, and actually took one of the fans from the show out to a club while he was in town last week. So he's having a good time with all this, not taking it too seriously, but not taking it for granted either.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.