+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: John

Quote Originally Posted by brisec1
    ......I've never known John to be a chaser. He's nice to everybody, and usually has a lot of girls interested in him, but he's not a chaser. I know he's had a few serious relationships, but he's too busy to really do anything about them....
    Are you a friend or coworker or...?

FORT Newbie
    One last (?) article on Our Guy John from Matt James:

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic...s/mjames30.txt

This is cute.....

Quote Originally Posted by La Crosse Tribune
    As for winning the heart of Melana, John finished third out of the original 16 "Joes," although it was painful watching him fall for a girl giving him the dreaded "let's be friends" eyes.

One critic called John the "Ground Zero of Love," adding, "I haven't met anyone so certain about the redemptive power of love since I was at a junior-high-school slumber party."

Guilty as charged.
    The last quote was from this article (see below), which I think is one of the best written on the Average Joe concept.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2091669/

"And the result is the most romantic show you'll ever see. "

Question to any of John's Posse: Do you have any clue or know WHY John fixated on that Vienna Boy's Choir song?!

To entertain the troops while Thanksgiving Dinner was being readied, I had the tape in the TV with the Average Joe series. Men, women AND children grimmaced at the song, his singing, and that he'd think that a hottie like Melana would swoon for it.

Then, in disbelief, my friends groaned and shouted, "No, John! No!!", when he not only did it on a date...again...but at the dinner table!?

My 8 year old nephew, arms crossed, just shoot his head and said, "That is just so-o-o uncool!" My 6 y.o. neice asked, "Mommy, why is that man singing like that?" My great aunt said that "John reminds me of that nice boy on the Little Rascals, you know...Alfalpha!" Well, at least he didn't sing, "Figaro, figaro..."

I could understand if he sang strange songs each time he met her; or created his OWN song about the two of them. But THIS: a song only a mother could love.

Any insight would be appreciated so that I can email the answer to my family members around the country.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    ...... My great aunt said that "John reminds me of that nice boy on the Little Rascals, you know...Alfalpha!" Well, at least he didn't sing, "Figaro, figaro...".....
    Okay, I think that's funny. I've been privately sung to and it is the kind of thing that can melt your heart and make your knees weak. IMO, it was a good attempt when he did it at the bonfire when they were along. He fell into a "trap" when he was asked to sing at the table.

However, I don't think that John should give up being a romantic. Maybe with another song and a little practise, it will be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Okay, I think that's funny. I've been privately sung to and it is the kind of thing that can melt your heart and make your knees weak. IMO, it was a good attempt when he did it at the bonfire when they were along. He fell into a "trap" when he was asked to sing at the table.

However, I don't think that John should give up being a romantic. Maybe with another song and a little practise, it will be a winner.
    You've got me wrong...I'm not saying ONE word wrong about being sung to; one of my favorite things about my partner is that she sings little songs to me all the time: made up, Beatles, Frank Sinatra.

But, she didn't start to do this until we had a very established relationship and when she also was verbally rewarded to do it "Again! Again!", as they say in TeleTubbyLand.

It was the weird choice of song that my friends and family roared at, and the fact that he did it over and over again, like it was some strange private joke to John, himself. The only way he could have made it worse was to hum either the theme from JAWS or PSYCHO on his dates with Melana.

So, my question still stands: WHAT GIVES WITH THAT SONG?

You've got me wrong...I'm not saying ONE word wrong about being sung to;...
    Nope, I wasn't remarking about the rest of your post, I only thought the re: to Alfalpha was funny.

FORT Newbie

So, my question still stands: WHAT GIVES WITH THAT SONG?
    Lambikins,

On the last show, Adam absolutely asked John to sing THAT SONG! (Then sniggered while he sang it.) Was John clueless? or just a good sport? John seems to be a ham... eye rolls, big gestures...if he felt he had to sing the song...(crowd pressure.. was Adam the ONLY one insisting he sing it.. etc), I think he would absolutely throw out his chest and go for it. What the heck. I SERIOUSLY doubt John wanted to sing it at the table. (Melana was leading John on all through that last date, kissing him, hugging him, telling him she was going to keep him on. Maybe SHE asked him to sing the German song...)

The fact that you didn't see it happen doesn't mean things didn't happen.
    I don't know John, but I've known people involved in other reality shows, so I know what goes on there, and there is a lot of editing, a lot of, let's say, "forced" reality.

I don't know, I think of all the guys I've watched on he show, John has been the hardest to pin down. It seems he changes from one week to the next. Odd numbered shows he's mature, funny, and aware, even numbered shows he's needy and clueless. If he had stuck around for the odd number fifth week, he'd be the only standup guy sticking up for the fat cousin. When you see that much of a disparity in the behavior of a guy, you have to think there has to be not a little editing going on.

Zach, on the other hand, is always Zach. Anything Zach does surprise you?
    Last edited by endalQ; 12-01-2003 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endalQ
    Lambikins,

On the last show, Adam absolutely asked John to sing THAT SONG! (Then sniggered while he sang it.) Was John clueless? or just a good sport? John seems to be a ham... eye rolls, big gestures...if he felt he had to sing the song...(crowd pressure.. was Adam the ONLY one insisting he sing it.. etc), I think he would absolutely throw out his chest and go for it. What the heck, in for a penny in for a pound. I SERIOUSLY doubt John wanted to sing it at the table. (Melana was leading John on all through that last date, kissing him, hugging him, telling him she was going to keep him on. Maybe SHE asked him to sing the German song...)

The fact that you didn''t see it happen doesn't mean things didn't happen.
    I don't know John, but I've known people involved in other reality shows, so I know what goes on there, and there is a lot of editing, a lot of, let's say, "forced" reality.

I don't know, I think of all the guys I've watched on he show, John has been the hardest to pin down. It seems he changes from one week to the next. Odd numbered shows he mature, funny, and aware, even numbered shows he's needy and clueless. If he had stuck around for the odd number fifth week, he'd be the only standup guy sticking up for the fat cousin. When you see that much of a disparity in the behavior of a guy, you have to think there has to be not a little editing going on.

Zach, on the other hand, is always Zach. Anything Zach does surprise you?

This was a well-thought out answer,endalQ, and I really appreciate the insight you gave, especially the odd/even numbered weeks explanation.

I'd still like to hear from one of John's family members, though. I mean, if John needed to sing a silly song, it could have been the theme from GILLIGAN'S ISLAND or RAWHIDE. I can't believe that his German Castrated Boys Song is the only one he knows the words to enough to sing three times on national TV.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    That song seems to mean something to John--at his last one-on-one meeting with Melana he gave her a little book where he had written out all of the words--he said he had wracked his brain and finally came up with all of the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    That song seems to mean something to John--at his last one-on-one meeting with Melana he gave her a little book where he had written out all of the words--he said he had wracked his brain and finally came up with all of the lyrics.
    Yes...and it is for that very reason that my guests and I wanted to hear from John's family, shedding some light on it. Do we have a translator in the house that knows the specialness of the lyrics?

Who thinks that Melana has already used the book as a coaster or to pick the spinach out of her teeth, before kissing Zach?

+ Reply to Thread