+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: John

Sad to see John leave. He definitely came off as a bit needy to me. I wanted to sit him down and have a chat. But I think he will do fine in the real world. I think Alex made an interesting comment...get some contacts and work out a little more each week and you can look a lot better. Not that John needs that, because he has a sparkling personality...but it couldn't hurt!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by leafgrrrl
    Ducky!

Ducky from "Pretty in Pink"!

The John Cryer character! THAT'S who John reminds me of! A totally hot guy, cute as a button, big brown eyes, great smile. He had a unique sense of style, was suave in a nerdy way, and had the misfortune to love the wrong girl.

We loved Ducky! AND, he ended up getting a totally hot girl.

Now I'm really going to miss John on the show....

Grrl, that is so right on, totally you nailed it! Ducky totally cries too when Mr. stud muffin rich guy walks in and turns his gals head. He takes a swing at the ass hole (justice). What else, he totally puts his heart on his sleeve and Molly tells him she just doesn't have the same feelings for him. Then there's the whole, "try a little tenderness" sing along thing. She shakes her head in embarrassment (sound familiar), but the older babe totally smooches him. Ducky, that's so it!

John in an interview with his hometown paper, hopes he gets acting jobs out of this and he did fall in love with her beauty but nothing else is there. (Melana is shallow or is this sour grapes) He blames the producers for editing him more of a nerd than he is. This part I found interesting: "One character (actor?) talked about his daughter the producers made it seem he was taking about Melana.

When I saw John on the Today show yesterday I was surprised at how "normal" he was. Did he take a grow up pill or was this all NBC editing?

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    John in an interview with his hometown paper, hopes he gets acting jobs out of this and he did fall in love with her beauty but nothing else is there. (Melana is shallow or is this sour grapes) .....
    Regardless of editing, that was not what I heard him express with such sincerity. That is a little troublesome.

FORT Newbie
    John in an interview with his hometown paper, hopes he gets acting jobs out of this and he did fall in love with her beauty but nothing else is there. (Melana is shallow or is this sour grapes) He blames the producers for editing him more of a nerd than he is. This part I found interesting: "One character (actor?) talked about his daughter the producers made it seem he was taking about Melana.
    Here's the entire quote from John:
    ______________________________ _____________________________
    "I was enthralled by her beauty, (but) there's really not a whole lot there," Baumgaertner said. "She's got a lot of positive energy, but there's nothing lingering.

"Watching the show, seeing her make out with other guys made it easier," he said with a smile.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _

I think he was referring to the aftermath of this experience, not as a cut to Melana. That his heart is not broken by her turning him down, his infatuation was not lingering. In other interviews, he's been nothing but respectful about Melana, he said he liked her a lot and thought she had a great personality.

Last edited by joejoe; 11-26-2003 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks for the link JoeJoe. (The guy (?) with the name so good that it has to be said twice ) The interview reads differently and gives me a different perspective. I thought he fell in love with her because of her beauty and little else. That went againt my perception (I don't know the him) of John. I do remember that perception is different from reality. I still would have preferred that he didn't get into such a state of infatuation or connection with a person he didn't really know and profess it.

To his family or friends. Is he usually that way?

FORT Fogey
    According to their interview on the TODAY show, it was Alex who was talking about his daughter when he shed those tears after being dismissed and it was edited to appear as though he was speaking of the Shallow Bit... uhm girl.

Maybe it's the fact that I watched the tape of last weeks show right before I came down with a horrible case of the flu, or the 103 degree temperature made me less tolerant of BullCrap, but, the respect that I initially fostered for John during the entire show is G.O.N.E.

Not because of the interview, but for various reasons.
    1) First and foremost, if I ever see him LIVE, I will beat him severely with the sheet music for that lameass Vienna Boys song that we were tortured with! John...please!!! How stupid ARE you in the dating world?! Did NBC pay you to sing that, off key no less, 4 times? I'm from Wisconsin, too, (Ashland) and no self-respecting CheeseHead Girl would give you the time of day with that ditty!

2) Much has been made of the various incognito 'actors' (Dennis/Tareq) and whether or not they played to the camera. However, John is IN the visual arts and having watched this last ep, I feel that I was 'played' more by him than any one.

While I was sick with the flu, I laid in bed, trying to put a finger on just 'who' John reminded me of: that mix of Golly Gee Whiz/Aw shucks/You're so purty, Ma'm Hokeum'. Finally,at 2 in the morning, it came to me: Jethro Clampett, from the Beverly Hillbillies.

Jethro would fall in love with any Purty gal; he'd sing wretched ditties, professing his love; and he'd always be heartbroken, but valiant in the end, when his vision would focus on a new bobble.

John's point system for me dropped when Adam was able to get him to sing, again, at dinner. How dim IS he or how bad is his vision that he didn't see Adam smirking to his right and the dazed look in Melana's eyes? <

(Above post shortened by Mystery Deletion. Missing part below)

I'm from Ashland, Wisconsin and no self-respecting CheeseHead Woman would sit and listen to him warble his tune more than once, and certainly NOT four times.

In this forum, John's Mom says that he is constantly changing his (hair: purple/blue; short, long; glasses/contacts). I feel that the "John" that I've been watching this entire time was just another character of his that he can place on his resume.

He got as good as he gave. He wasn't honest with Melana; she wasn't honest with him. They both got their 15 minutes of fame. I thought that of anyone, I'd miss John the most. After this last show, I miss him the least.

+ Reply to Thread