+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: John

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    John'smom hasnt posted since the 5th. I hope we haven't scared her away
    she's a portrait artist. i'm sure she's just really busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Rose
    Can a friend or family member enlighten us on HOW they found a friend with such a similar (but spelled slightly differently) name? Is it a common name in your area or something?
    This is John's bro. I, too, am in the rock band The Baum Squad . I play guitar. John sings lead vocals, plays the drums, and writes the songs. Oh, he also designed and built the robot uniforms.

Our family name, Baumgaertner, comes from Germany (it means tree gardener). The "ae" is in there, as the original spelling had an 'a' with an umlaut on it. (Two dots above it. Think Mötley Crüe, Motörhead, etc) Anyway, Justin Baumgartner's family is Swiss. So I guess that's why the spelling is different (though our spelling is certainly the less common of the two) John and Justin were in the same grade, and good friends. By sheer chance, one day we all came together and formed a band, without ever having played our individual instruments. Within 2 weeks, we had written 3 or 4 pretty rocking songs, and booked a local show. We started with the name "Spoon" only to find out, a year or two later, that there was a band making it big with the same name. We opted to drop the name and move toward something different. "Thunder Sauce" was a serious contender, but we couldn't ignore the oddity of our last name similarity. Thus The Baum Squad was born. And the rest is history.

That was 9 years ago. We rocked Japan in January of 2002 (or Japanuary, as we called it). The video that was linked in this thread was sent to Japan to gain support for a "Robot Rock Invasion!" It worked, and we toured for 4 weeks from Tokyo to Osaka. Highly recommended. It can sometimes be a Japain in the arse, but the experience is certainly worth it.
    Last edited by Avg John's Bro; 11-12-2003 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks for the info, John's bro! (OK, how weird is it that through the power of the internet, we can have such interesting encounters?! I'm always amazing my husband by watching a show and saying, "Oh yeah, I talked to that guy the other day!"

I couldn't get the vid clip to work. What program do I need to open it?

I'm not sold on the robot look , but I bet Japan LOVED it! How'd you get that gig?

"The Baum Squad" just seems too perfect to avoid! Much better choice than "The Tree Gardeners", too!

[WHAT the heck are these guys supposed to be doing?? Dancing in the shower?? It always looks like they're washing their hair, to me, but I guess they're supposed to be french maids or something?? I'm baffled.]

FORT Newbie
    Wahhhh?????

OK, the ferret-strangling is a little disturbing, but otherwise...

John's Bro,

Is your family catholic? Just curious because I thought I saw John make the sign of the cross when he was on the boat. Unless he was being a jokester again

Quote Originally Posted by AvgChelnov'sBro
    There is no stopping Chelnov, Paul (Avg John's Bro). Chelnov will RUN directly into her heart and there is nothing John can do about it. SURE, John already knows Chelnov's one and only weakness (German folk tunes), but who can deny that Chelnov can jump 7-10 times his own height. And also, has John ever killed an alien on top of the Statue of Liberty? Have YOU Paul? I doubt it.

Also, please make sure to check out Chelnov on the new reality dating show "Last Man on Earth" coming out in Spring '04 on the Court TV network.

P.S.- everyone ought to check out this photograph of a young Baumsquadian:

http://www.baumportraits.com/easelno...hics/sammy.jpg
    This baffles me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

AvgChelnov'sBro you are entitled to your own opinion. However, if you are going to post, make it so the rest of us at least can understand what you are talking about. Obviously, a few of us already do not.

FORT Newbie
    There is no stopping Chelnov...
    Chelnov may be able to jump 7-10 times his height, but can he speak in the dialect of Buttcrackistan? Challenge an evil doer by break-dancing? Have the guts to act like Jerry Lewis on a first date? I THINK NOT! John has MANY ways to win the heart of a beautiful woman.
    Last edited by joejoe; 11-13-2003 at 12:38 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AvgChelnov'sBro
    There is no stopping Chelnov, Paul (Avg John's Bro). Chelnov will RUN directly into her heart and there is nothing John can do about it. SURE, John already knows Chelnov's one and only weakness (German folk tunes), but who can deny that Chelnov can jump 7-10 times his own height. And also, has John ever killed an alien on top of the Statue of Liberty? Have YOU Paul? I doubt it.

Also, please make sure to check out Chelnov on the new reality dating show "Last Man on Earth" coming out in Spring '04 on the Court TV network.

P.S.- everyone ought to check out this photograph of a young Baumsquadian:

http://www.baumportraits.com/easelno...hics/sammy.jpg

Hmmm...me thinks that we're privy to the humor of John & John's friends/family.

Chelnov... I'll just have to assume.. is the lil ferret's name, who can jump 7 to 10 times his own height and killed a toy alien on a toy Statue of Liberty, in John's room (when he was a kid).

(on a side note: R.I.P. my lil ferret, "Bo". You could jump and kill just like the rest of'm, and you were my best friend! (tumor in the brain))

A reality dating show that's going to premiere on COURT TV?! That's really odd. A reality show alone is strange enough on CTV, but a DATING reality show? hmmmm.... I call shananigans!!
    Last edited by Maveno; 11-13-2003 at 12:42 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread