+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: John

Also, sometimes people will joke during an awkward moment to lighten the mood. I don't know who I would feel about kissing in front of a camera. Plus, if he values a simple kiss that much, good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Also, sometimes people will joke during an awkward moment to lighten the mood. I don't know who I would feel about kissing in front of a camera. Plus, if he values a simple kiss that much, good for him!
    I thought that that's what was going on too. Remember--these guys auditioned for a show called "Life of the Party." They're all extroverts or they wouldn't have been interested in a show like that. John's a director's assistant in real life. Also, John may be a figitty (figgety?) guy and probably has quirks like anyone, but he's cute and seems fun. I doubt that he hasn't had some fabulous kisses in his dating history.

I do wonder why he told Melana that it was the best date he's ever had in his last-chance-to-sway-Melana oppty to talk with her. That seemed like terrible judgment, even if it were true.

I don't blame him at all for just making the kiss a little peck. They barely knew each other, it was their first date, all the cameras, and it's not like it had been built up to by romantic gazes across the fire, or anything--she asked for it out of nowhere, and SHE didn't seem to be expecting or wanting it to turn into spit swapping or anything.

I really appreciate the fact that he really just wanted to spend time with her and get to know her, and wasn't trying to maul her at every chance like....someone else.

That scene also showed, I think, how uncalculating John was being about the whole process. He really was just living the experience, and not mentally trying to jockey for position with her, and looking for opportunities to get his "in" with her. (like, let's just say, Brad)

I thought a mere peck was the right and honest response from him at that time. But then the whole giddy-schoolgirl act over it?? Geeeeeez, John. That was a little freaky. It made it seem like his first kiss ever, or something

I guess the reason why it struck me as especially goofy was that, looking at them, to ME, it didn't seem so unreasonable that somewhere along the line John would have dated a girl as pretty as her. OK, maybe not a pro-cheerleader, but certainly I would have thought he'd dated his share of beautiful and special women. Going orgasmic over a dry (lightning fast) peck? Just made him seem really nerdy and desperate.

I wish he'd just pecked her, followed it up with a warm smile looking right into her eyes, and then just taken advantage of this overture on her part to hold her hand or put a casual arm around her as they left the date. Maybe another peck (a little slower and softer this time please, John! ) goodbye.

Don't get me wrong, I loved that he's NOT a player, and didn't pretend to be one (again, Brad)---but boy need to get a LITTLE game!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma
    I don't underswtand why Melena kept him around... was it NOT obvious that she wanted no part of that kiss?? Did you not see her face when he sang to her? She was mortified.... for him!

And the crying... for his BEST FRIENDS that he's known for all of like 2 days... give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you! After seeing John crying on at least 3 different occassions, I was left wondering WTF his problem was. Why is a grown man such a cry baby?? That is not attractive AT ALL. I'd be interested in knowing what woman would want a man that cries THAT much--I'm not saying that crying is wrong, but he cried so many times and for what??? Either he's acting for the cameras or he has some serious issues that need to be addressed.

Regarding the kiss, again, he blew it by overreacting. All it was was a peck--a pity peck at that. I think Malina wanted to get rid of him but didn't have the heart to after his speech in which he basically said he was falling for her. I think she should have nipped it in the bud though-because he's only going to get more annoying as time passes by.

About the song--it would have been funny if he considered it to be goofing off or playing--but he was DEAD SERIOUS about it!? John is a sweet guy but he's naive and clearly out of touch with reality. It shows that he has little or no experience in dating--or that he's acting.
    Last edited by smouzon; 11-12-2003 at 10:48 AM.
    From the projects to the White House...

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Rose
    I guess the reason why it struck me as especially goofy was that, looking at them, to ME, it didn't seem so unreasonable that somewhere along the line John would have dated a girl as pretty as her. OK, maybe not a pro-cheerleader, but certainly I would have thought he'd dated his share of beautiful and special women. Going orgasmic over a dry (lightning fast) peck? Just made him seem really nerdy and desperate.

I wish he'd just pecked her, followed it up with a warm smile looking right into her eyes, and then just taken advantage of this overture on her part to hold her hand or put a casual arm around her as they left the date. Maybe another peck (a little slower and softer this time please, John!
    Great post. John's lucky that he didn't completely blow it with her, as she kept him around. I hope he tones down a bit on his eagerness - it's such a turnoff.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Newbie
    Just found this article about John on another Joe site. It's very cute.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic...mes/00matt.txt
    Last edited by leafgrrrl; 11-12-2003 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leafgrrrl
    Just found this article about John on another Joe site. It's very cute.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic...mes/00matt.txt
    Thanks for the link to that article, it was too cute.

Awwwwwww, that article is a MUST read! Too cute! This guy is so totally someone I would be friends with in real life. I prefer to surround myself with "cool geeks" (surprisingly, NOT an oxymoron!) whenever I can. They's good people.

Can a friend or family member enlighten us on HOW they found a friend with such a similar (but spelled slightly differently) name? Is it a common name in your area or something? Cuz it's not in mine!

FORT Newbie
    Gypsy

I was able to download their music video from the same site where I found the newpaper article.

http://www.baumportraits.com/easelno...s/TBSJapan.ram

(edited to remind you to right click and save....)

John's the drummer. It's actually pretty good!
    Last edited by leafgrrrl; 11-12-2003 at 05:05 PM.

John'smom hasnt posted since the 5th. I hope we haven't scared her away
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread