+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: T.Q./Tareq

Quote Originally Posted by memphisredhead
    For all of his standoffishness and seeming lack of social skills, he made the first cut, while Wally, who seemed very genuine and open, did not. I had to wonder if he scored some conversational points that we did not see. Or maybe Miss M likes his air of mystery.
    The producers think he's a better candidate to stay in the pack for entertainment value than Wally. There were numerous fat, nice, fun guys in the group.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pyssdogg
    i'm pretty sure that "do you like brocoli" comment was an edit to make the guy appear lamer than he already is

that couldn't have been the whole conversation, but then again these guys are rediculous, they are probably all actors...lol
    This guy is just a tool... green to brown eyes??? short to tall??

Have you ever read a post by Daddio?? Tareq's offbeat sense of humour really reminds me of
    Daddio LOL.
    What he said was totally tongue in cheek, an inside joke, with a deadpan delivery.
    I'll be watching
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

This guy reminds me of Fez.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Okay, is it me, or does this guy look JUST like M. Night Shyamalan (especially in the first pic)?
    Yes, that is what I wasn't able to put my finger on. He might want to losen up just a little. I guess he is surveying the people, situation, but he needs to talk more with the girl.

Is anyone able to add a picture of Tareq?

This guy is an actor, not a professor. The "professorship" and the PhD in AI is just a role. We are being duped. Check the internet on this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    This guy is an actor, not a professor. The "professorship" and the PhD in AI is just a role. We are being duped. Check the internet on this guy.
    tareqkabir.com is his professorship site. I don't see why he can't be one, the US is a bit lacking in education, and I know many people from India who are in college while we're still in highschool. One guy I met recently was a highschool teacher in the US at age 19, having two masters, he then had a Ph.D before 21.

I can see him getting his Ph.D and juggling acting, when you have focus things get done. Although I do beleive he is here more as an actor, didn't he say something along the line of 'that is my role" in one of those talk to the camera moments?

Tareq may be brilliant. But can he fix a leaky faucet? Or mow his own grass?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternergball
    I can see him getting his Ph.D and juggling acting, when you have focus things get done. Although I do beleive he is here more as an actor, didn't he say something along the line of 'that is my role" in one of those talk to the camera moments?
    There were three or four of the Average Joe guys on ET before the show started and Tariq was one of them. I do not believe he is persuing a career in acting, but he is actually pursuing Nancy O'Dell! He said it on the show, he said it in his bio, etc. So what if they are actors. If this is true, they are all pretty good at pulling off the "Revenge of the Nerds" type-casting. I think the whole idea behind this show is taking a beautiful woman who was stupid enough to say that she goes for personality first (which most of us will say to sound humble), however, they call her on it. They put together these not so studly dudes who all have, for the most part, some awesome careers if their bios are accurate but are not so much to look at.

I spent a month on the phone talking to a guy who I thought was perfect for me and when I finally set up a date to meet him in person and I have to say I was VERY disappointed. I tried to be open-minded, but I learned that like 90% of Americans I am very shallow when it comes to appearances. (funnygirl hangs her head and walks to the corner to kneel on rice for 30 minutes).

+ Reply to Thread