+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101

Thread: T.Q./Tareq

  1. #31
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fbg_alias
    I don't think he's a child prodigy like you guys are making him out to be. He does not have a PhD yet, he is pursuing his PhD, if anything I think he is of average age at his education level, probaby just finished undergraduate school or in his senior year and made the decision to go for his PhD, he probably has another 4-6 years to get it, they made it sound like he already has it - creative editing sound familiar?

    Additionally he is probably like a Teacher's Assistant, sure he says he's a professor, can you say embellishment?

    Prof. Tareq got his PhD in the spring of this year. I know this because I have taken 3 classes with him in the last year.

    I watched the show and maybe because I've seen him in real life, he didn't seem weird to me. In his profile he says his humor is his best and worst qualities, so it shows.

    Bottom line, he's a great professor and his students respect him. I think he may end up winning.

  2. #32
    DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cleaning toilets in these gloves...
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Noslevek
    Prof. Tareq got his PhD in the spring of this year. I know this because I have taken 3 classes with him in the last year.

    I watched the show and maybe because I've seen him in real life, he didn't seem weird to me. In his profile he says his humor is his best and worst qualities, so it shows.

    Bottom line, he's a great professor and his students respect him. I think he may end up winning.
    Does he also throw things across the classroom when he's mad?

    Last night in a preview clip, the voice-over guy is talking about tempers flying and it showing Tareq being really mad and throwing something really hard. :boredball
    Last edited by realitycrazmom; 11-04-2003 at 04:59 PM.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Okay, is it me, or does this guy look JUST like M. Night Shyamalan (especially in the first pic)?
    I think he looks like a darker version of the actor that starred in Johnny English. He also seems to have the same type of personality.

    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808404659

  4. #34
    Play ball!! melpepinla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In the bleachah seats
    Posts
    1,126
    Not sure if I like Tareq. He came off as a bit snotty to me, but that may have been because he didn't want to look like the majority of the other Joes (read=buffoon).

    I love broccoli and many green veggies. His comment/question was so RANDOM that you had to laugh.

    Oh, and John, did you watch? Melana commented on his coat - she thought it was stylish!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

  5. #35
    all shook up memphisredhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Elvis' hometown
    Posts
    68
    For all of his standoffishness and seeming lack of social skills, he made the first cut, while Wally, who seemed very genuine and open, did not. I had to wonder if he scored some conversational points that we did not see. Or maybe Miss M likes his air of mystery.

  6. #36
    Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,602
    I must have way too much time on my hands.....not only did I read his web site close enough to get that he was a computer science student at CUNY but that checking all three branches of the college he listed he isnt on staff...nor was he offically listed as teaching any fall courses...if not a teaching assistant....the word Adjunct should be added to the professor....not that at 21 you are likely to be a full-time college professor...but he or the show was embellishing at least a bit...perhaps alot.....

  7. #37
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    Not sure if I like Tareq. He came off as a bit snotty to me, but that may have been because he didn't want to look like the majority of the other Joes (read=buffoon).

    I love broccoli and many green veggies. His comment/question was so RANDOM that you had to laugh.

    Oh, and John, did you watch? Melana commented on his coat - she thought it was stylish!

    I had to laugh when Melana mentioned his coat.
    I instantly thought of our John too

    The green vegetables comment was very strange.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  8. #38
    FORT Newbie Avg John's Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10
    I think Tareq is awesome! On the second watch of the show, one of the funniest parts of the show was when they were guessing what she would look like and he's saying:

    "She has long to short hair"
    "Her eyes are green to brown"
    "She's a bit of a girl a bit of a woman"

    I thought that was pretty witty, especially the way he delivers it in his Tareq voice of seriousness.

    Anyway, I think he'd be a pretty fun guy to hang out with. And as for the whole Broccoli thing.. Heh heh, I dunno. Perhaps he was just flustered or caught off guard. I've certainly been there when you just don't even know what you're saying until it's too late, and you try and flow with it.

    Of course I'm rooting for my brother John, but I find Tareq pretty entertaining.

  9. #39
    Skye's BootyGuard Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,657
    don't look to deep into any of these bios

    as with most reality shows alot of this is fake

    and the guys that were outed first were chosen by the producers

    i doubt there will be any kissing or thigh grabbing (ie. Bachelor Bob)

    when the show gets real boring because of the lack of physical contact and the wack conversation about vegetables and bug collections...the producers will then introduce the twist and bring in 4 other "hot" guys that the "average joes" will have to compete againsts just to make it interesting




  10. #40
    FORT Fogey overthetop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    What impresses me about this guy is that he's only 21 and a University Professor.
    I'm not that impressed with that for Melana. He's probably freakishly smart, but people who excell way ahead of others their own age usually don't learn great social skills and can think of themselves as "better" than everyone else. (It's not crazy; they are better than most everyone else at academics.) Nonetheless, that superior attitude can be a huge turn off.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.