+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: T.Q./Tareq

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Some one needs to tell this boy....that you should save the talk about vegtables for the second date.....
    i'm pretty sure that "do you like brocoli" comment was an edit to make the guy appear lamer than he already is

that couldn't have been the whole conversation, but then again these guys are rediculous, they are probably all actors...lol

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I would have hoped so but either she or the editors told them they had "two" minutes each I only saw about 30 seconds on average per average Joe...edited probably but I don't know that anyone had much time to talk with the "star" last night

Can you say "EGO" this guy has a big one. Perhaps thats because he has a lot of gray matter between his ears. The way he hung back and had his buddies introduce him, as though he was a prince. Then he blew the moment with vegetable talk! Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Some one needs to tell this boy....that you should save the talk about vegtables for the second date.....
    What was he thinking? She looked like she was not sure where that conversation was going.

And if the broccoli comment was bad enough, then he's like "I fear green vegetables"! Uh yeah, offbeat sense of humor, oh yeah, wink, wink...is that what your mother told you?
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    Can you say "EGO" this guy has a big one. Perhaps thats because he has a lot of gray matter between his ears. The way he hung back and had his buddies introduce him, as though he was a prince. Then he blew the moment with vegetable talk! Whatever...
    Since he's a prof at 21, he's one of those kids who was in highschool when they were 10 or so. We had one at my highschool. From my observation of that kid and this guy, I'd say these little wizards grow up seriously lacking social skills.

Add to this what I think his strategy is: stand out from the crowd by holding back. Be mysterious by asking strange questions. Folds his arms in a blatant "keep your distance" stance.

No question this guy has an ego, but I think his bigger problem is his social skills are seriously delayed.

I get the feeling this guy sees the whole thing as an intellectual exercise. He seems to be getting more out of watching the others interact than he's getting out of wanting to get her attention.

I think he was the only one that was not pictured mentioning how hot she was. Perhaps he doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    I get the feeling this guy sees the whole thing as an intellectual exercise. He seems to be getting more out of watching the others interact than he's getting out of wanting to get her attention.

I think he was the only one that was not pictured mentioning how hot she was. Perhaps he doesn't care.
    he reminds me of when me and my friends watch those british comedies and don't get why the audience is laughing. i kinda feel bad that maybe he's not getting a fair shot because he's totally different from the other guys on any of the reality shows.

I don't think he's a child prodigy like you guys are making him out to be. He does not have a PhD yet, he is pursuing his PhD, if anything I think he is of average age at his education level, probaby just finished undergraduate school or in his senior year and made the decision to go for his PhD, he probably has another 4-6 years to get it, they made it sound like he already has it - creative editing sound familiar?

Additionally he is probably like a Teacher's Assistant, sure he says he's a professor, can you say embellishment?

Quote Originally Posted by fbg_alias
    I don't think he's a child prodigy like you guys are making him out to be. He does not have a PhD yet, he is pursuing his PhD, if anything I think he is of average age at his education level, probaby just finished undergraduate school or in his senior year and made the decision to go for his PhD, he probably has another 4-6 years to get it, they made it sound like he already has it - creative editing sound familiar?

Additionally he is probably like a Teacher's Assistant, sure he says he's a professor, can you say embellishment?

Yep. I'll bet you're right. They've embroidered his position. I HATE being misled like this by producers.

+ Reply to Thread