+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The "Joes"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    On another subject, we haven't heard yet whether these guys knew they were being set up as ugly ducklings, or whether they auditioned (or were recruited) under the premise that the show was going to be something totally different?
    Perhaps we'll learn tonight.
    ugh I hate the thought of that. The mirror tells you you are average, you don't need spiteful tv execs to do that. I hope the men were recruited on the up and up. Its ok for the beautiful (possibly shallow) star to be duped but not ok for hard-working honest men to be made fools of.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Its ok for the beautiful (possibly shallow) star to be duped but not ok for hard-working honest men to be made fools of.
    Your comment made me think, Duxxy. Theoretically, at least, it SHOULDN'T be okay to dupe the pretty girl but not okay to fool the nice ugly men. We can't assume that she's shallow, because she's beautiful, or that they have great personalities because they're average-looking. But theory aside, in reality I suspect we're all going to root for the guys, because pretty people have it too easy anyway. This show *could* challenge our preconceived notions about such things, but I rather hope not: I prefer not to give up the illusion that beautiful people are shallow.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I've been looking forward to this show; hope it lives up to expectations. I'm glad we have someone to root for, I'll be pulling for Craig. I checked out the link posted on page 1 and maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I'd be volunteering that info. Wonder if his dad knew that!! Anyway, I hope Melena really makes an effort to get to know some of these guys (some of whom I found very attractive); she just might find herself a prince.
    All right, just hand me my coffee, a cigarette and a coupla asprin an' no one gets hurt.

I think it is too cute that the guys' moms are on these message boards rooting for their sons! I've seen my friend John's mom on here too! Good for you, Mommies!! John is one of the guys in my capoeira class here in Los Angeles. We call him Wisconsin John and love him so much! He's such a ball of energy!! So yeah!!! Root for your kids!! It's soo cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    ugh I hate the thought of that. The mirror tells you you are average, you don't need spiteful tv execs to do that. I hope the men were recruited on the up and up. Its ok for the beautiful (possibly shallow) star to be duped but not ok for hard-working honest men to be made fools of.
    The guys were actually auditioned for a show called "Life of the Party" and were chosen because they were just that... playful, fun, and really energetic everyday guys. Then it turned into Average Joe! When John found out about it, he figured the people on there should be pretty cool, so he decided to stick around! And so that's how John got there!

Maybe she just used darts to determine who should go

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Thanks for those links Elainica

I think it would have been great to see an average looking women too, but I tihnk they just wanted to see the shock on Melana's face when the guys were revealed.

>>>I'm sure she was expecting very good looking guys.
    to the site Elainica and NL,JROTF
    She got BETTER Fluff.....She got THE JOES! Brains, personality, sense of humor and sooo much more. Trust me, looks fade, but any guy who says he wants to treat me like a QUEEN is a winner in my eyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234