+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melana Scantlin, Star

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Does anyone think that she might grow as a person from this experience in future episodes?

In a word? NO.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    She didn't send home all the geeks - there are a few left. And both of the "big" guys were just offensive. "If I could order a girl from a catalog - she'd be it." Come on! Glad she sent him packing."

>>>>>I didn't care for the @$$ comment one of the guys said.

"...She's lost a lot of points with me just letting Zachass get alone time with her --- much less kissing him. Looking forward to tonight's episode.
    Me too. If she really didn't want him to kiss her, then she wouldn't have. Tonight should be interesting.

That Zach-chasing-her-around-the-pool thing reminded me of an incident when I was in the third grade, when a boy at the pool kept trying to kiss me. I kneed him in the, er, groin. Should I go offer Melana some lessons?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Melana talks about the Joes

The transcript is taken directly from the NBC.COM site... click the link and show your support for the show....NBC Average Joe
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We spoke with Melana about dating, her search for love and her not-so-average experience on Average Joe. Read part one now…check back later for part two!

Do you think that the difficulties of modern dating (ie: just trying to meet someone!) have contributed to the proliferation of dating reality shows - or is it just a desire to be on television and have some fun?
    I do agree that dating can be challenging, but reality TV doesn't make it easier, (try opening your eyes from a good night kiss and camera 2 is six inches away)! We became extremely comfortable on camera, therefore it didn't hinder our abilities to have the time of our lives on our dates. The obsession with watching real romance develop before our eyes has contributed to the proliferation of dating reality shows. An audience produces ratings and ratings generate ideas among network producers, therefore another show is born feeding our curiosity.

Is that how/why you got involved with "Average Joe"?
    I didn't want to be "The Bachelorette". I didn't think I could handle the pressure. The producers assured me that I would have a great time and it ended up being the best time of my life.

What were your expectations before the show began taping?
    I knew that I would make the best out of my experience, no matter what was in store. I know everyone was worried that I would run away after meeting the guys, but my best friends will tell you, I usually date the intellectual funny guy over the model. Not to say though that models cannot be funny or intellectual, because I have found the combination. Ultimately, it comes down to the chemistry between two people.

When you first met the guys, what were you thinking?
    From Brad telling me it was fate and giving me a letter explaining the first of five things he gives in a relationship, to Tareq telling me that he had traveled over sixty countries to meet me, (completely dapper in pink silk just shy of a tux)…I was a little overwhelmed! After meeting each guy, the producers asked if I wanted to leave, if I was disappointed. I welled up with tears! These men were there with heart and I WAS NOT TURNING AWAY! And on the contrary, what if they didn't like me?

After getting to spend some time with the guys, what changed about your original perceptions of them?
    They may have seemed average to society, but after getting to know each of them, they became inspiring to me each in their own way. I was touched to learn of their heart ache from being labeled and stereotyped as I had experienced some of the same heart ache growing up in another light. I am sometimes the girl not given a chance because people automatically assume opportunities are readily available because I have been so blessed in some areas in my life. But to whom much is given, much is expected and I remind myself everyday! I am confident, but grounded from my loving family. From one extreme to the other, we shared a common bond. They made me laugh and cry. They encouraged me to push myself as I climbed a rock for the first time. They became my best friends all while falling for three of them, knowing I could only pick one in the end.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno, that interview with her makes me want to

LOL eldee! Is it cause you think she's lying through her teeth?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

That reads like copy.

FORT Newbie
    This whole situation is a set up and I love it. The fact that an a****le who thinks he is the s*** (Zach) is still in the game is unbelievable...Jerry should still be in the game and the fact that he did't even have the chance to show his true self on a date really bothers me...Jerry is really a Muti muti millionaire that most people do not even know...To me it is abso
    lutely hiliarious..to others they have no idea
    Last edited by John; 11-27-2003 at 08:34 PM.

is melana all that?

Does anyone else think Melana is not all that cute (except for her figure; I admit she has a near pearfect body!)I think her lips are too thin and other than that she is very average looking in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb1960
    Does anyone else think Melana is not all that cute (except for her figure; I admit she has a near pearfect body!)I think her lips are too thin and other than that she is very average looking in the face.
    I think she is above average, but not extraordinarily beautiful. She reminds me a lot of Jenny Garth and I find her midwest twange very distracting because I keep expecting to hear Kelly from 90210!

+ Reply to Thread