+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melana Scantlin, Star

Does anyone else find it interesting that the main thread for Melana has not been visited nearly as often as the threads for the guys (and even some of the guys that are gone now!)

I think this girl is cute, but not hot. I do this she's handled herself well so far, and after the initial shock (and the rumors of walking off the set until someone reminded her how bad she'd look if she did so), she's actually been ok, and seems to be handling it all positively.

Of course, one might wonder if she's only doing that to save face, which is entirely possible... but if she is, then she's going a good job of it.

I was very disappointed in her last night.

I thought it was so rude of her to go off and talk to Zach while Jerry was doing his rock climbing.
    She didn't bother to cheer him on at all.

She's clearly into Zach which makes her judgement pretty dubious imo.

Pus she booted off D Lo last night and I thought he was really cute.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Last night (tonsil hockey with Zack, eliminating some of the good guys) prooves that all of Melena's taste is in her mouth.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    Does anyone else find it interesting that the main thread for Melana has not been visited nearly as often as the threads for the guys (and even some of the guys that are gone now!)

I think this girl is cute, but not hot. I do this she's handled herself well so far, and after the initial shock (and the rumors of walking off the set until someone reminded her how bad she'd look if she did so), she's actually been ok, and seems to be handling it all positively.

Of course, one might wonder if she's only doing that to save face, which is entirely possible... but if she is, then she's going a good job of it.
    I haven't seen any reason why these guys SHOULD be interested in her other than that she's cute. Her interactions with D.Lo and Zach have lowered her in my estimation...
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I agree Lucy.

My opinion of her really changed from episode one to episode two.
    I know some people will argue that we have to take editing into consideration, but I don't see how editing can have played any part in the Jerry rock climb situation at all.

She simply chose to ignore Jerry's climb in favour of talking to Zach.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree Lucy.

I know some people will argue that we have to take editing into consideration, but I don't see how editing can have played any part in the Jerry rock climb situation at all.

Will there ever be a lead bachlorette who wears glasses? They give off the impression of being bright and intelligent. Melana's starting to bore me with her shallow nature.

I agree Lucy.

Yes, and she was rude to David. Maybe she left her manners in her makeup kit. Some things are hard to hide. We will see how she is next week.

Making women look bad

It strikes me as another 'make the woman look bad" kind of show.
    I agree. I'm surprised by all of the animosity is see in different forums directed towards Malana. After watching the show last night, unless it's an editing trick, Melana doesn't seem exactly thrilled to see the 'twist' walk through the door. I wonder if he is an ex-boyfriend? The kind of guy who has looks, money but a controlling/cardboard personality. Tough choices for Melana ahead.

They can't even seem to get blind dates right let alone arranged Joes.

Melana=wrong for this show

Does anyone think that Melana is the wrong girl for this show?

I do- if anyone really hoped that a romance could blossom in this environment. It is entirely possible and likely that the producers had no intention of any romance coming out of this scenario and meant for it to be more of a social experiment. They quote Melana as saying that she prefers personality over looks, yet the first chance she gets, she makes out with the jock-type who most of the guys describe as your basic jerk. She obviously demonstrated that indeed she is more interested in looks.

I think they made a mistake by picking someone like Melana as the "prize" of the show. She is a cheerleader and beauty queen, and her dating history is probably full of your typical "hotties". So she is probably used to dating very good-looking men and there is no way she would ever give any of these guys a second look in real life. The producers bring a pro football player on the show as if to say, "hey look, guys, these are the kinds of men that Melana pals around with".

Does a woman have to be a drop-dead cheerleader/beauty queen to be the prize? I am not so naive as to think that they would have a woman of "average" looks as the star of the show, as no one would watch it and all of the guys would drop out. But maybe a very pretty girl who is a lawyer, a teacher, a nurse, a computer programmer, etc. who is usually too busy to date or doesn't meet a lot of men in her line of work or something. Someone who would have been more likely to have some average joes in her past.

As a non-cheerleader type woman, this situation frustrates me. The guys complain that she won't give them a chance because of their looks, but they were instantly infatuated with her because of her looks...ah yes, the good old double standard...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    The guys complain that she won't give them a chance because of their looks, but they were instantly infatuated with her because of her looks...ah yes, the good old double standard...
    (and to your signature line!)
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread