+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melana Scantlin, Star

Quote Originally Posted by KCW0LF
    In January Melana was on radio here in KC on a local Sport's Station, Jason Whitlock's Neighborhood, and she said she was engaged and getting married this summer. This strikes me as odd, I know she said it didn't matter who won on the "Meet the Folks" show because she loved her hubby, so I don't know whether she either:

A. Dumped her finacee for the money of Reality TV

B. She's married and its just a hoax to see who she'd pick

C. They ended up breaking up.

Its just weird there is no mention of that anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgradeteacher from another site
    3/29/01 10:15am
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this site and excited to be here. I'm about to burst at the seams. My 24 yr old son left yesterday to begin a new reality tv show for a major network. I know very little about the show but you can start looking for the promos for a new show. I drove him to Burbank yesterday am where he was taken to his first destination. The network called today to let us know all was going well. He isn't allowed to have his cell phone or communicate with anyone off the set.
    I'll try to keep you all filled in as soon as I know more.
    I was going to suggest that maybe she was marrying the man she met as a result of the show but this post negates that. I wonder what the deal is?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

thirdgradeteacher!! I just saw your other posts! I had no idea you posted here! Its very nice to run into you!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

So she was engaged and now she maybe isn't? All very odd....Thankfully the show starts tonight, so maybe we'll get some answers.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I was going to suggest that maybe she was marrying the man she met as a result of the show but this post negates that. I wonder what the deal is?
    I don't think it does. Wasn't this taped last spring? If so, an an engagement proposal in the summer wouldn't be that unusual. Of course, since that would also mean that the two would have limited contact for over half a year, it certainly doesn't completely wash.

Doesn't she kind of remind you of Erin from "For Love or Money 2"?
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    Doesn't she kind of remind you of Erin from "For Love or Money 2"?
    Other than the fact that both Erin and Melana were both on shows with Eric F.--No.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Why is this girl named after tarry stools?

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Fun show, but I just can't stop laughing because this girl's name means dark, tarry stools! See definition....SYLLABICATION: me·le·na NOUN: A condition marked by black, tarry stool or vomit composed largely of blood that has been acted on by gastric juices, resulting from a hemorrhage along the digestive tract.
    ETYMOLOGY: New Latin melna, from Greek melaina, feminine of mels, black.

Ok, who are her parents and what were they thinking? What a pretty name! Imaging calling out her name in the throes of passion....is it good sex or a medical emergency?
    Do you think any of the guys with medical backgrounds made the connection? I don't know how they couldn't. The term is used pretty commonly.
    Well, that's my post, and I couldn't help but alert America.

sockmonkey

Thats a great first post
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

LG.
    This is the thread for all discussions which are directly related to Melana, her family, what shows she had been on before, the source of her name, etc.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The show is called "Average Joe". Let's be honest here, most of the guys are BELOW average, way below. I feel for Melana, "95 percent of them are not my type". They aren't anybody's type! This is why I admire this girl: after initial shock and disappointment, she pulled herself together, bravely put on her game face, carried on with the show. It's like Fear Factor plus the Bachelorette. Somebody has to do it.....

+ Reply to Thread