+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kathy Griffin gets an extreme makeover for "Average Joe"

Kathy Griffin gets an extreme makeover for "Average Joe"

Kathy Griffin's ET Makeover!

May 21, 2003
    http://www.etonline.com/celebrity/a15945.htm

Reality vixen and famed comedienne KATHY GRIFFIN will be the host of NBC's upcoming summer reality show, "Average Joe," so the fiery-haired TV diva wanted to glam up for her new small-screen gig!

Kathy came to ET for a little makeover magic, and tonight you're invited to tune in as she goes through the entire invigorating process!

The first issue for Kathy? Taming those wild, wavy tresses at the hip ART LUNA salon in Hollywood. Hairstylist LINDA CHO straightened Kathy's rebellious locks using a Japanese method that can take up to five hours and last around six months. "I'm going to have straighter hair after 50 hours of chemicals," Kathy joked. "They're going to set it on fire at some point!"

With her beautiful, new, slick mane, Kathy then cruised over to the MALONEY Vision Institute in L.A. for a consultation, where doctor ROBERT MALONEY corrected her eyesight using the latest in laser technology, called "Wavefront."

Next up? The plastic surgery offices of DR. PAUL NASSIF, where Kathy's sensitive skin was treated to special treatments like dermaplaning, dermabrasion and a vitamin cocktail just for her face.

"Now, I'm going to get Botox, which is shots of botulism in my face. ... Come on, it'll be fun!" the high-energy Kathy beckoned. And with an already glowing complexion, Kathy then visited the good doc himself, who gave her a few Botox shots around the eyes and on her forehead!

Finally, it was down to Kathy's smile. She visited the Beverly Hills office of cosmetic dentist, DR. KOUROSH MADDAHI, who decided to give her 20 porcelain veneers to achieve that perfect smile!

Do not miss tonight's ET to check out the renewed, reenergized and refreshed Kathy Griffin!

I'm not sure why she's getting a makeover, she was fine the way she was!

Looking forward to Averge Joe though. I think she's hilarious.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

She should have fixed her schnoz while she was at it. Too bad they can't do anything about that annoying voice of hers.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

damn! i was really looking forward to watching this show... i HATE kathy griffin. maybe we'll only see her 30 seconds each show like the "host" on joe millionaire...

a girl can dream.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fogey
    I liked her hair curly too it looked a lot more natural! Can you say Joan Rivers at 30? If they had all that is available then Joan would have been doing what Kathy is now. Imagine what Kathy will look like in a few years!

hathy

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I liked her hair curly too it looked a lot more natural! Can you say Joan Rivers at 30? If they had all that is available then Joan would have been doing what Kathy is now. Imagine what Kathy will look like in a few years!

i would rather not think about it. then again i don't want to think about myself in 30years.

+ Reply to Thread