+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 show discussion thread **spoilers**

I'm not the beefcake, I'm more like a cupcake. I guess I like cupcakes.

I read this thread before watching the show as I couldn't decide which I would view longer between commercials - Average Joe or The Cut. Average Joe won though flipping back and forth quite often I think I caught the gist of both shows.

Anna's mom reminded me of Kim's mom (last Bachelor). I could almost hear her say, "I really like that Nathan." Wait - she did say that, didn't she?

Here we go with the grounded in friendship rather than passion thingy. Maybe Anna needs a rest from passion, or maybe she likes the popcorn at the movie houses that present Indie films. BTW - up thread was mention of what appeared to be creeping poundage. Uh...yes. She and Nathan can spread into middle age together.

I didn't catch what he does or is planning to do now that he is no longer a missle silo technician. At one point last week he said he might write a book, but what about a day job?

Why should I ask these questions which will never be answered? Like - why did I watch this show and what values did I take away from it?

It did sound at the closing as if this was the final episode of the franchise, so I guess I'm sort of glad I did watch this time.

To all us average personages out there - TaTa!

Cupcakes taste better anyway.

And tonight she's going to scream your name from the highest rooftop
    Because for the first time in her life, she's not afraid to fall in love

for once, the right choice has been made! ;D it was kind of funny how she kept talking about friendship, but she and nathan were smooching anyway. the ending was funny. at last, average joe is over. >.> it was a drug that i couldn't help but watch. this er-season- seemed to be the oddest, with the plastic surgery and all, but i think it had the best ending. and anna, although i wasn't sure about her most of the time, seems to be genuine. she did kiss a lot of people, but she made a good choice in the end. cupcake. ha

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I don't think Rocky is a creep, but he definitely has an agenda and is a hunk of very little brain.

Neetin too avoided the "L" word. I think Anna really appreciates the way he talks to her as though she's smart.

Dh, who considers himself a Joe, will be heartbroken that he missed the finale. I'll have to e-mail him the recap.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Just to be shallow for a moment - the dealbreaker for me with Nathan would have been the ear plugs. They totally gross me out. I'm afraid I'd pick a guy with tons of back hair and a third eye in the middle of his forehead before I could deal with being able to see through someone's earlobe.
    I said that Tuesday night, but I didn't notice that you could see through his earlobes. That is so gross. That is the one drawback of his otherwise awesome makeover-now you can really see those earlobes. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    Well, thanks Carla. As for this show, I hope you guys are right and they really are still together, but I'm not holding my breath nor taking back my snarky comments!! ... That was best part of the cheez.... making fun of it. I'm such a sucker for happy endings and can actually get my hopes up for the Bachelor series, but this show's premise is just too hokie to take seriously. I guess despite this "almost" parody of the dating reality shows, it's possible for a couple to actually find romance and even love. Larissa and Gil are the exception. I'll be extremely surprised but ready to eat a little crow (yum yum) if Anna and Nathan last past the next couple weeks of media hype.
    The closing of this show and the cheesy theme music through out, showed how producers never took this show seriously either. It was inevitable that the beauty had to finally pick an Average Joe.
    By the way, did anyone see the article where Fredo from (I think last season) and a couple others are suing NBC for stealing their ideas of makeovers? check out sirlinksalot
    I agree with Carla wholeheartedly - cafegirl, you are the best.

on to your mention of media hype - does anyone know if Anna and Nathan will be on any morning shows or any other show in the next few days?
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I'm not the beefcake, I'm more like a cupcake.
    I loved that line! They can work out together.

In her interview she said the best part of the show was being the center of attention of all of those guys. That explains why she took the bar scene so hard.

Are Carson and Michael still together?

From NBC's website:

Quote Originally Posted by Melana
    Professionally, I base out of Los Angeles where I just finished filming a commercial for the new Wendy's campaign as "Stacy".
    I knew that was her!

I strongly felt this season was scripted to lead to the Joe winning. I love Nathan (I think I said on ep. 1 that I'd date him, and by the last ep. I felt that way even more), but I didn't feel a sense of suspense over who was going to be "the chosen one." Once Anna picked the "soap opera" "dreamer" over the blond hunk she said she really liked, it seemed clear the producers had influenced her decision to push toward their scripted outcome. It also seemed as if they were ending the series, not just the season.

It was weird to see the blond, brunette, and redhead version of basically the same girl, in that all three looked very similar. In part it was the makeup. But Anna had something special, even though we couldn't figure out what it was exactly.

The biggest surprise is she made both of the last two hunks cry like babies who just found out there is no Santa Claus. Just like she made every single guy on the show fall in love with her after one date. What kind of magic does this girl possess? It was uncanny, funny, and amazing! Did she even know she had that effect on all men?

+ Reply to Thread