+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 show discussion thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by talula
    Just that they "sailed away together..." Very nondescript.
    I believe they are taking one day at a time - in separate parts of the country.

I'm not sure how I feel about Rocky's reaction to being passed over. He seemed genuinely upset. Was it just ego or more? I'm sure he's over it by now, but no one likes being dumped on TV. In Anna's place I would have picked Rocky. For intelligent conversation she could just talk to other vacationers.

I hope this was the last painful edition of Below Average Joe.

Carson and Michael - the hottest couple.

hmm okay this is my first time watching the average joe...was i the only one who thought the "hunks" were just actors and that if she picked a "hunk" she wouldnt win anything...but now i see that in past seasons, the hunk HAS been picked. What happened then? What is the prize anyway? The rocky guy seemed so fake and scripted, i was so surprised that he was crying..like wtf...men dont cry, especially "hunks" who can supposibly get anyone they want (though i dont really find him attractive). this pisses me off, why does SHE get to make men cry and not me? life is so unfair.

wow i didnt know she had implants. they looked so soft and saggy and real, well then great thing she picked the "joe" i really found him annoying. and his teeth...ick. but like...why is everyone ragging on anna? i overall liked her...till i found out she had implants, now i cant stand her. Is it the implants?
    /

If you go to the Average Joe website on fox.com, it has a "where are they now?" section. Neither of the women who picked the hunks are still with them.

As for Rocky. His "conversations" were painfully embarrassing for me to watch. Ugh.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Quote Originally Posted by bebewood
    hmm okay this is my first time watching the average joe...was i the only one who thought the "hunks" were just actors and that if she picked a "hunk" she wouldnt win anything...but now i see that in past seasons, the hunk HAS been picked. What happened then? What is the prize anyway?
    The prize is that they get to live together, happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by bebewood
    but like...why is everyone ragging on anna? i overall liked her...till i found out she had implants, now i cant stand her. Is it the implants?
    I read a great quote here somewhere about her. The person said that Anna had never met a tongue she didn't like. As far as I can recall, she's the only "beauty" on this series who indiscriminately kissed everyone, everywhere, whenever she could. Then she was torn apart because some of the hunks "cheated" on her. Give me a break. She was totally unrealistic. That's why I didn't like her.

Anna and Nathan are still together, almost a year later! Here is an excerpt from Anna's interview on Match.com a couple of weeks ago:

------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Did you find true love?

A: I did! We're very happy. We can't wait until the show is done, so we can finally be out in the world and be together! Until then, everything is under wraps.

Q: What do you hope viewers will learn?

A: Not to judge people by their external beauty. People judged me on my looks before they got to meet me, and thought I would be stuck-up. Or they thought, "Oh, pretty girl, she must be an idiot." They didn't see what was inside at first.

Q: So what qualities are important to you in a guy?

A: I need someone I can have a conversation with. I want someone who's motivated to stay in the relationship for the long haul. My parents have been together for 30 years.

----------------------------------------------------
    Heh heh...I know as soon as I read that that Rocky was toast! Congratulations, Anna and Nathan!!
    Last edited by angelgirl39; 07-27-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    If you go to the Average Joe website on fox.com, it has a "where are they now?" section. Neither of the women who picked the hunks are still with them.
    I thought Larissa was still with her hunk.

anyway, I figured she'd go with Nathan, because a joe's never been picked, and she did. I genuinely liked him, so I hope he ends up happy, whether with her or not.

And I liked the ending "updates." It does sound like the last one. Maybe they're finally going to do Average Jane?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    I actually stomached my way through most of this series, although I couldn't take some of it and kept switching channels through out the series.
    As for sleuthing....considering how fake this show was from the get go, I would have had to do some "psuedo" digging, because it's had to unveil fake news... but when they showed Anna and Carson in photos at some celebrity gig last week, it was pretty evident that this entire show was a farse!!
    Thanks to the producers for ending on a funny note though!! And thank GOD it's over!!!
    can you even imagine sleuthing this show?! but, many times I've thought about it, and could we have had a fun time with these contestants!
    I'm also glad it's over, although I am at least happier with the ending. And if they don't do this show again, that is fine with me. Now, on to the next Bachelor, eh?!?!?!?!
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer

As for Rocky. His "conversations" were painfully embarrassing for me to watch. Ugh.
    actually, Larissa and Gil are still together...
    http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Average_Joe/w...issa_gil.shtml
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    anyway, I figured she'd go with Nathan, because a joe's never been picked, and she did. I genuinely liked him, so I hope he ends up happy, whether with her or not.
    I figured she'd go with a Joe too, whomever it was. Does that mean it was staged? I don't think so. Maybe "nudged". I.e. maybe the producers just happened to pick a woman who'd been dogged so often by lame-asses that she was ripe for pluckin' by a REAL man. Or...they nudged her in that direction. Or what not. Actually, who the heck knows, but I hope Nathan's happy. And if not...well.....I say it again: THAT BOY CAN KISS. Whoah. He'd have no trouble.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Well, I guess I have to eat my hat since Anna did pick Nathan.

And I agree that the clips at the end of the show were definitely the best part of the show.

I guess Matt was right about the info on the other web site that listed both Anna and Nathan in relationships and Rocky is currently single. Who would have thunk it
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread