+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 show discussion thread **spoilers**

I can't believe she didn't pick Jesus/Josh...he did look good. Oh well, maybe she can give him my number?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I wish they would have just had the finale tonight and get it over with.
    You hush! I'd go nuts trying to endure recapping TWO hours of this all at once.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy

I mean, it's not that out of the realm of possibility to me that she'll choose him. He IS cute now, and he's smart, and romantic in a sort of bumbling way. I mean, personally I'd take the awkward kiss over the suave one any day, because it seems less practiced.
    Then again, I must remind myself, none of this is real.
    I didnt' find the kiss akward.... he actually gave her the type of kiss I like... a bit of lip, her nose.... While I watched it I said that guy has REAL potential!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2
    I didnt' find the kiss akward.... he actually gave her the type of kiss I like... a bit of lip, her nose.... While I watched it I said that guy has REAL potential!
    Actually, I agree -- it was the *getting* to the kiss that was awkward.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

IMHO, an Average Joe can never this show, the way it is set up. NBC is so clueless, it boggles the mind.

The female contestant is always a good-looking woman who has been taught to particularly value appearances and to know that she guys think she's hot. And most--though not all, of course!--of the joes are not only average looking, many of them have troubling emotional/socialization issues.

What great-looking, reasonably confident woman is going to pick an average-looking guy with confidence issues when she can hold out for a great looking guy with a confident (and stable and family-oriented) personality? Especially when the woman's values are clearly wrapped up in how important looks are? I mean, Anna and her predecessors are basically models, not physicists. Hello!

Now, if NBC did the following, you might have a watchable show:
    1. picked a woman who looked great but was, say, a brainy rocket scientist who wasn't living in L.A. and was not obsessed with looks, and who even sometimes forgot to wear makeup, etc. A woman who valued character and brains over stupidity and vanity wrapped in a pretty package.
    2. picked Joes who were emotionally healthy, even charming (and in some cases, wealthy) but just weren't exactly great looking.
    3. made it clear that the hunks didn't necessarily have much money, were immature, had less than stellar personalities, etc.

Unfortunately, what woman who meets my criteria would apply for this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Actually, I agree -- it was the *getting* to the kiss that was awkward.
    My husband had bit of trouble getting to the kiss, I even had to ask.... some of the best guys need "encouragement". ACtually that is the type I prefer.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Unfortunately I missed the end of Joe Josh's date, so I didn't witness his total meltdown as far as baring his soul. Too bad. As for the finale, Rocky is winning and you know poor Nathan will be dumped into a boat at the end of the pier as Anna and Rocky set sail in her yacht. All of the little spoiler clips hinting at his ex filling Anna in on Rocky's infidelity is pure bunk...it won't affect her. She doesn't want a relationship so she goes with the guy least likely to really want one. And while Anna says she has goals, her goals are not necessarily Nathan's goals.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I can't believe Arthur didn't tell her about the bee sting. Yeah, go ahead and let her believe it was a sliver and hope she isn't allergic. What a moron.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think Nathan is going to take this - I don't think he would be asked back if she was going to dump him again. I don't see a realtionship lasting very long - mainly bec I have no idea what she wants - and what is her explanation for all the kissing with Rocky - hadn't seen what Nathan could do yet ?? She is losing her appeal - and altho I'm glad Nathan got his makeover and he is improved - why did she reject him - what about his personality ??? Crazy show !

FORT Fan
    Isn't it illegal to take coral? Maybe that gift wasn't so great after all, lol. I was surprised hunk Josh was crying like that. Couldn't tell if his crying was fake or not. I couldn't see Anna choosing Arthur to be the final Joe as he would have worked himself into a frenzy, thinking he had a 50-50 chance, when he really had no chance. He seemed like a "nice" guy but too over the top. I felt bad for Dante as he seemed sweet, but it seemed obvious that she wasn't going to choose him over the other "re-made" Joes.

She doesn't seem to have a fantastic "connection" with either of the 2 remaining guys, so yet another dating show that will probably result in the "couple" dating for a couple weeks or so and then calling it quits.

+ Reply to Thread