+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 show discussion thread **spoilers**

Dante needs to lose the entire beard. There truly was not much of a difference with his makeover, expect maybe the teeth. He needs to get on an exercise program. He really is not that bad looking overall, just needs to get in shape and change the hair even more.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the beginning of the show. I caught the end where Dante was receiving his makeover. I, too, hate the hulks mischivious side. I think they are lower than neanderthal. Give me a nice guy, at least smelling clean, with a sense of humor, and I am (or could be) in love!

FORT Fogey
    Dante is a SAG card holder doing the audition circuit. Igor was as well. The hunks were gathered through their agents. They have been asigned roles in this half scripted half improv show.

Their jobs or backgrounds have NOTHING to do with who she chooses or why. She chooses no one, production does. She is on there for exposure and probably has a SAG card as well. She is also probably a very nice woman. No reason one has to be wrong or devious to audition for a reality show. It is part of the business to get exposure any way you can and take any thing you can get in the begining.

While I agree that Dante needs some more work, the producers have to settle for short-term cosmetic changes since the show takes place over the course of a few weeks, not many months. There isn't time to wait for someone to heal up from a complete re-build, and the time it would take to make Dante buff may exceed the sun's projected life span of four billion years.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Dante's makeover isn't much of a makeover except for the teeth. He needed a new hairstyle and he needed to shed a few pounds or at least tone his muscles..maybe a botox shot that could last a month. They have time to do this before they can reincorporate him. He was below average before, now he's average. And he has hygiene problems (b.o., bad breath, jock itch, foot fungus)? I wonder how they fixed that? The hunks being mean look scripted. I think they planted Carson there just to stir up things. I mean if he watched the show before, they could be being taped in the house. Apparently, he didn't care. It's all bull. I can't believe that the girl can't even see thru her especially when she was interviewing him on the beach. He would not respond anything of substance to her and he seemed disinterested, like he couldn't care less if she likes him or not. And why are the average joes even listen for advice from a jerk? It's also obvious that Carson is psyching them out and the joes could not see thru that. This show is a farce.
    Last edited by JonasGrumby; 07-13-2005 at 01:37 PM.

This episode was crazy, especially the first 10 minutes or so when Dante kissed chris carson, or carson chris...whatever his name is.

I liked the conversation the life-coach had with Dante

Life-coach: Youre overwhelming, fat, loud, obnoxious, and smelly. How does that make you feel?
    Dante: Sad

You dont say??? Great question, captain obvious. thanks for pointing that out.

Ps, I want whatever the hell the producers were smoking when they made this episode.

Funny though, I don't think Anna is all that spectacular. Decent looking, but if I was a Joe I wouldn't be sweating her too bad. The Hunks see her as a conquest, pure and simple. I think.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

yeah..i think it will come down to josh and the italian stallion rocky....

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Carson gives me the heebie jeebies with that fake smile.
    And those nipple rings. That totally creeps me out. I couldn't believe he had them hanging out while he was wrestling with Dante and risked having them accidentally (or not...) pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Josh's last name is Abston? ABSton? As in abs? Can't be his real name.
    Is it my imagination or do a quite a few of their last names start with A? Both poo-hunks and joes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    And those nipple rings. That totally creeps me out. I couldn't believe he had them hanging out while he was wrestling with Dante and risked having them accidentally (or not...) pulled off.
    Yeah, Chris was a freak (I won't use the name Carson, because I love Carson from Queer Eye, but I hate this meathead). Every time he tried to stare someone down, I thought the look in his eyes was like a scared little boy (like any bully).

I have just started watching this episode and just got through the gym scene. I loved when the dark-haired Joe said "Me and my Co-Joes." Co-Joes. Priceless!

+ Reply to Thread