+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 recap: "Putting the Ic(k) in Magic"

Lucy, you're magnificent! I had to stop quoting, because it was stacking up to ridiculously-sized pile. You're just that flippin' great! Absolutely hilarious recap . . . loved it, loved it, loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucylicious
    And probably when she wasnít doing that, she was knitting warm caps for mice to wear in the winter, or visiting the sick, or being a candystriper. Sheís just that type of girl. You canít hate her. But Iíll do my best.

Also, the caption under him says his name is "Dante Alighieri", which I don't quite buy, since that's the name of the real, original, author-of-The Divine Comedy, died-in-1321 Dante. Hmmm. Dante, I'm watching you.

Heís good TV Ė sort of like watching a fuzzy, friendly trainwreck.

Look, boys, if your name is Andrew and people call you Drew, ok, tell people that. But if your name is Harold and people call you Solid Gold, for heavenís sake, keep it to yourself. Have some dignity, people.

and David Daskell, the Carrot Top of Average Joe, who doesnít need to be back on my TV screen, ever.

I am surprised that no one asks her her IQ or how well she can do at Everquest. Brian shakes his head.

Down the Rabbit Hole

There, Igor shovels food, table decorations and small children into his mouth.

Finally Ė six pages into this bloody recap Ė itís time for Anna and her Joes to meet.

Aaron comes next, and tells us his motherís a redhead. That might not be a good sign.

Gino tells her his familyís from Italy, which is, like, almost close to Poland. Except for, you know, Austria and the Czech Republic. Minor hurdles.

Oh Lucy, you're at the absolute top of supreme snarkdom!!! Thank you for making me laugh so much. And thanks for putting words to the feelings of uncomfortableness that I was feeling while watching the show!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Leave the smart boys for the rest of us, you stick-insect model types, and keep on choosing the brainless pretty boys. If Darwin was right, youíll stupid yourselves out of existence in a millennia or so, and us nerdy girls will be left to be the new standard of pretty. (Iím guessing, actually, that might be a self-perpetuating cycle. Hmm.)

If Mother Theresa Was a Hot Model

And probably when she wasnít doing that, she was knitting warm caps for mice to wear in the winter

Lucyís Gut Feeling (the vaunted LGF Index):

Igor: No hump, but a lot of lumps.

But if your name is Harold and people call you Solid Gold, for heavenís sake, keep it to yourself. Have some dignity, people.
    LGF: He might as well keep his gold ass on the bus. You donít need a gut feeling index to see that.

LGF: Hereís a magic trick: make yourself vanish.

Clay: The virgin. ĎNuff said.

The Losah, the Leaver and Daaaaaaskell

They all nod, as if they donít still have nightmares in which hunks give them swirlies.

Getting All Freaky Naughty

And dude Ė thatís one of the best slashies ever! Model/welder! You donít see that on reality tv every day.

Iím weary to death of Nick. Off with his head!
    Lucy, that was a riot. Thanks for the great recap!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie
    To Annaís relief, the bus door finally closes for good. Sheís seen the worst. Now she just has to figure out why she didnít get a bevy of beauties.

As usual, a hidden camera records for us Annaís private reaction. She tells producers that these guys arenít the type sheíd typically date, and she jokes that she hopes there have been psychological screenings. Or, I guess itís a joke.
    I wonder if she'll ask the same thing when the hotties show up.
    Last edited by Doodle Bug; 07-02-2005 at 05:35 PM. Reason: I'm blonde

Premium Member
    Great job, as usual, Lucy! This is going to be a fun season!

Lucy, that was FA-BU LOUS!!! The show was cheestastic, but your recap made it even better!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Great recap, Lucy.
    Ludicrous speed!

Although I taped it, and watched it the very next day as soon as I got home from work, I'm just now reading anything on this show (since my last post on the AJ4 threads), and it helped to refresh and it was almost as if I had been reading about it for the first time! Loved it! Thanks for that recap!

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Excellent recap Lucy! and now for my favoritos:

And probably when she wasnít doing that, she was knitting warm caps for mice to wear in the winter, or visiting the sick, or being a candystriper. Sheís just that type of girl.

Y'all mark my words (unless heís eliminated, in which case Iíll deny everything), this oneís the one to watch.

Nick does magic with rubber bands. I canít imagine why no one invites him to parties.

Gino tells her his familyís from Italy, which is, like, almost close to Poland. Except for, you know, Austria and the Czech Republic. Minor hurdles.

Just wanted to add my thanks for a marvelous recap, Lucy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast