+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joshua

The "Messiah" comment was funny and true!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I think he could scrub up pretty well if he gets a makeover.
    He's a little on the wacky side for me with the crazy run he did toward Anna.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea..the sideways, hippity-hop, finger pointing entrance was enough for me. If someone can do THAT when they first meet me...then, they're way too goofy to be around.

I'm not one of those girls who thinks it's neato that you haven't cut your hair in 10 years. Just means you're lazy. Why would you want to emulate the Messiah anyway? (jmho)

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose this guy to be one of the make-overs. Underneath all the scrubbiness, he doesn't look that bad.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

They should make over ALL of them, while they're still on the show. Not surgery, but grooming and help with conversation and things like that.

I DO like long hair and beards -- I am a refugee from the '60's I guess -- at least on some guys. That doesn't bother me at all. But the jumping around like a monkey on speed -- I don't know if it's more scary or stupid. Both probably. On the other hand, perhaps it is something he was "persuaded" to do, for the drama or ratings or whatever. So much for reality . . .

My friend's best friend is this guy's sister (does that make sense?)...

Anyways... they say that he acts like that normally (the jumping around like a guy on crack)....

I was afraid of that . . .

I used to believe that my 'type' was the clean-cut, preppie sort with button-down shirts & no facial hair, no hair below the collar. Then I had a wonderful date with a long-haired, tattooed pierced guy (no beard on this one) who totally converted me. I think it was the juxtaposition of his kind of aggressive-looking exterior paired with one of the most gentle spirits I have ever known. He was a big man, too . . .6'5", 250 pounds. Massive. The body of a bar bouncer/Black Sabbath roadie & the soul of a teddy-bear poet. And hands down, the most beautiful, thick wavy hair I have ever had the privilege of running my fingers through . . .I just had to touch it! Joshua kind of might have that same vibe going (he DOES do construction, after all) . . .and the eyes behind all that hair are gorgeous. I was drawn to his photo right away, and wondered why his score on the Average Joe website was so low. Then I saw his whacked-out approach off the bus to Anna, and I was like, WTF???! Then he stood there, obviously uncomfortable, chomping on gum & looking everywhere but at her, and I thought, oh, my . . .this boy's gonna blow it! At that moment he did not resemble the Messiah, but rather a mental patient on a day pass to the seashore . . .one with Rain Man characteristics. His vocal presentation was less than stellar, too. If he wasn't so cute under all that hair, he'd be so gone.

Let's hope he tones down his eccentricities so he can be a contender. I would like to see what the lower half of his face looks like, but I wouldn't want to see all that hair gone . . .let's see what a trim & a good conditioning treatment can do, maybe some highlights or sumpthin'. I have become a long-hair devotee . . .as long as the hair is good quality & well-cared for. Perhaps only one man in 10,000 actually has the follicles & the facial structure to carry it off. He should, under no circumstances, go short with the hair. Josh Duhamel from 'Las Vegas' has never recovered from his recent buzz cut . . .(Josh--Puhleeze grow your hair out again! The jarhead look is not flattering on you a'tall! Stone Phillips also needs to take heed. Hair that is too short will age a man fast.)

P.S. Joshua is another form of the name 'Jesus', btw . . .

FORT Fogey
    http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/.../1AVJatN04.jpg

I think this is Joshua after his makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/.../1AVJatN04.jpg

I think this is Joshua after his makeover.
    Lord, I hope not. That doesn't look like an improvement to me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Lord, I hope not. That doesn't look like an improvement to me.
    Those links turned out to be rejects that did not make it. You can see them in the gym shot behind Clay when the Joes from last year did the first elimination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast