+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Matt

Shooting Blanks, did you get a vasectomy, hence the screen name? Just asking since you have a thick skin and all....

Filthy, Dirty, MediaWhore
    No vasectomy - my surgical reconstructions stopped at the toenails!!!...

...Shooting Blanks is the name of my band, so I use that as my nic/screenname in most online forums and stuff.

Well than that begs the question, did you go on this show to get your band more attention? If not, what's the reason you did this show?

he's better looking than most of the guys

dont know about those answers to the questions though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Well than that begs the question, did you go on this show to get your band more attention? If not, what's the reason you did this show?
    It is my general opinion that (with VERY few exceptions), no one really goes on a reality tv dating show (be it AJ, The Bachelor, or anything else) for reasons that involve actually finding love on television. If someone DOES go on for that reason, then it is also my general opinion that the person is totally nuts or completely desparate - in either case, there's no hope of them ever getting laid anyway....

For myself, I had a few reasons. The first was that I knew I could get on. I'm pretty much a solid candidate for what the show is aimed at. I'm not a bad looking guy, smart, witty, talented, blah, blah, blah, but I have one obvious downside - I'm short (5'6"). So, I knew that if I applied, I'd be cast as "the short guy". Whatever - I don't care. I've never had problems getting women (not to sound arrogant, cuz I'm not like a "womanizer" or anything either, by any means - just average success!), and my height has never been an "issue" that's bothered me or whatever (of course, to get on the show I had to MAKE it a big deal, but you can probably understand that!!!)....

Another reason I had for being on the show was that I was a radio/tv major in college and a reality tv fan in general, so just being able to catch a glimpse of the whole "behind-the-scenes" aspect was interesting to me. It's kind of a cool thing that to be a part of that not many people get the chance to do (even if the show is absolutely ridiculous, and pretty much a joke)....

A third reason I had was (yes - as you guessed it) the band promotion. However, that's wasn't a HUGE issue, as the band (while I do put a lot of time and effort into it) is still just a hobby, and I'm not looking to be a big famous rock star (although, I certainly wouldn't pass up the opportunity!!!). That all backfired anyway, cuz they wouldn't really let me do much in the way of slipping in subtle band-whoring (wearing our t-shirts was prohibited, for instance), so people may not even know that I front my own band from watching the show....

The final reason for me wanting to be on (and probably the biggest driving factor) was that I knew (from watching these stupid shows) that the contestants always get to stay in these phat-ass mansions with free food and (most importantly) liquor! This was a FREE VACATION, baby!!! I needed some time off. Work was pissing me off, and my day-to-day life was getting mundane and boring me. This was an interesting "break" from my reality. A little "adventure", if you will! Believe me - meeting a girl was about the farthest thing from my mind.....

...and (now, this is just my opinion) I'm pretty sure that out of the 18-guys there was only 2 that I can think of that actually had a main motivation to find "the girl of their dreams" on the show. And as far as Anna goes, (also my opinion) I'm not so sure that she needed to go on a television show to "find love". It's all about exposure for most of these people. (More of my opinion now) I feel that about half the people on the show were on for exposure and the other half were on just for the "experience" or "adventure".

Dating reality shows are weird (compared to other reality shows), cuz I don't think that the motivations really lie in the concept of the show. For instance, on Survivor or Big Brother you're definitely there to win the prize (the money). On dating shows, I think most of the contestants could care less about the prize (the girl), and they have other personal reasons for going on....

Sorry for the long rambling. You can tell me to shut up at any time!

Thanks for sharing.
    It is nice to get the inside info.
    Will you be here with us during the entire show, so we can ask questions and
    rag on you and just have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair
    Will you be here with us during the entire show, so we can ask questions and rag on you and just have a good time.
    You bet! - I'll be around (at least, I'll be around in this thread cuz I'm subscribed to it, so I'll get notified if there's new posts!)....

I'm awaiting the barrage of attacks and insults!

EDITED: I just now got an email from NBC saying that the airdate has been (again) pushed back to June 28th. Just an FYI....

Last edited by ShootingBlanks; 06-08-2005 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingBlanks
    And yes - the questions were extremely stupid and inane. I'm not that full of myself, I just didn't give a rat's ass, so I had some fun with some of my answers!....
    I wish more people would have put sarcastic stuff in their answers. It's more entertaining than "I hope I find true love" or any of that nonsense. Glad you're going to join us. I may make more of an effort to watch although I'm not planning my business trips around it.

Thanks for the answer Matt. I'll agree with most of what you said and thank you for your honesty, I honestly expected you to dance around it. I never really thought about it but I have to agree, if people are going on a TV show for love they might be a little nuts. I think a free vacation and the behind the scenes reasons would be my reasoning mine too...plus the free booze.

at the "filthy, dirty media whore".

Glad you'll be around for the duration, Matt. We don't want you to get in trouble with NBC, but if you can dish any dirt on the other Joes, the hunks, and Anna, remember, enquiring minds definitely want to know.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread