+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled?

Cancelled?

I read this and was wondering if anyone else had heard.

[01.26.07 - 09:45 PM]
    CBS PULLS 'ARMED & FAMOUS,' THE CW CONFIRMS 'REBA' END
    By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- CBS is putting "Armed & Famous" on the shelf as the network has pulled the series from its schedule effective immediately.

Repeats of "CSI: NY" ("Risk") and "Criminal Minds" (presumably an encore of its Super Bowl episode) will fill the Wednesday, 8:00/7:00c hour on January 31 and February 7 respectively until "Jericho" returns on February 14.

"Armed's" most recent airing drew a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 (according to Nielsen's fast national data), barely edging out the CW's "Beauty and the Geek" (1.3 rating) for fourth place in its time slot. Said number was also less than half of its premiere audience on January 10 (2.9 rating).

It's not clear when or if the Eye plans to burn off the three remaining episodes of the series.
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7278

Premium Member
    I had not heard that, but it doesn't surprise me.

They should have known not to put it up against American Idol. Instant death.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

JR.
    That's probably why they did that Waywyrd. CBS didn't think too highly of it, so they put it there to have something in that timeslot. It would've been a bonus if it did well, but it's no big loss to them.

You can't find any mention whatsoever of Armed and Famous at the CBS site. It's as though it never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2218220;
    You can't find any mention whatsoever of Armed and Famous at the CBS site. It's as though it never existed.
    Talk about a network, wanting to forget what a fiasco Armed and Famous was A.S.A.P.

Its pretty obvious that network did not want to put anything good against American Idol, might as well finish the run, there are what 3 episodes left then football is over and there are new shows on the air to preoccupy our time. I say let it stay.Thank goodness Survivor starts Feb 8th, Amazing Race Feb 14th and America;s Next Top Model on Feb 28th.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This is Crazy !!!!!!!

I love Armed and Famous!!! No wonder why American Idol have to step in and take away viewers. This is plain nuts!!!! I thought Armed and Famous is going to be a hit. Now is it not fair at all. I loved Armed and Famous because its involved with Celebrity become actual police officers. It's like Survivor meets Dancing with the Stars.

I hate to let it go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren;2219447;
    This is Crazy !!!!!!!

I love Armed and Famous!!! No wonder why American Idol have to step in and take away viewers. This is plain nuts!!!! I thought Armed and Famous is going to be a hit. Now is it not fair at all. I loved Armed and Famous because its involved with Celebrity become actual police officers. It's like Survivor meets Dancing with the Stars.

I hate to let it go!!!
    AMEN!!!
    I too loved this show and can't really believe it is going to be gone.

Aw Shucks! I guess there really were only four people watching. I'm going to miss it too.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast