+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2201500;
    Ponch gets a crack-dealing grandma with no teeth, and Jason gets a stoner.

Not only that, the grandma knew exactly who Ponch was!

Only LaToya can make a place like that into a spiffy tablecloth bar! LOL

FORT Fogey
    Memo to Roy: don't answer the door with your crack pipe.

FORT Fogey
    This turned out to be pretty good.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    How many days of the week will this show air?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    I'd hoped to be able to hang out with you guys and snark away on this show while it aired but unfortunately someone in my house, who out of deference to her advanced age and loyal companionship over the last 14 years shall remain nameless (Powder!!), made a bit of a mess on my living room carpet so I had to clean it up. Once I got going with the steam cleaner I just kept going. I had tonight's premiere playing in the background and I caught what I could of it.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2201435;
    That theme song was absolutely horrible.
    I completely agree! It was absolutely awful!! It was so bad that I don't even remember it, so if I'm home tomorrow I'll pay attention to it, and then I'll promptly try to forget all about it again! That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;2201448;
    Did this guy draw the short straw?
    Who this guy? Jason Acuna??

Jason Acuna IS the short straw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;2201473;
    Erik better watch he doesn't lose his rug...
    I had the hots for this guy back when he was Ponch, so dang, I don't even want to consider that he may be wearing a rug!!!

At one point tonight I heard LaToya as she made an arrest and I wanted to comment at the time.

I heard LaToya tell a suspect, "NOW! GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!!" and all I could think of was, "Dang, I'll bet her brother Michael is wishing that he was the washed-up, haggard, old, worn-out, spent 'Jackson' who was picked for this show, rather than his sister, LaToya!!"
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 01-10-2007 at 10:08 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I missed Armed and Famous on CBS. What happened to WWE Diva Trisha Stratus and La Toya? I have heard that LaToya didn't pass the push up tests and was hi-fiving Jack Osburne after her failure. What happened?

The show was pretty corny, but I enjoyed it. I found myself laughing quite a bit, and that is more than I can say for some other shows. I was surprised I found myself liking Jack Osbourne. Trish is pretty tough, especially with the taser. That last segment with the house burning down was heart-breaking, and Trish handled it really well.

Another episode is on tomorrow.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Forgot about this one being on tonight too...(I forgot about Beauty and the Geek too)....I have just gotten out of the routine of daily reality shows being on, I guess!!!

I'm gearing up for AI and I guess that's all my brain can handle right now!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I thought it was okay but kind of deceiving.

They tried to make it look like the celebrity and the cop were out alone on duty and when it came to the segment with Latoya and her partner cop doing their arrest.... suddenly there is a bunch of big cops with guns drawn visible on the sides of the screen.

I hate it when they try to mislead like that and make it seem like oooooooh this is a real dangerous situation and it's just this cop and Latoya.... and the cop was even playing it up saying how last time she went to arrest this guy it turned into a physical confrontation and she is warning Latoya before they get out of the car.

sheeesh I would go arrest him too if I had 3 big cops a foot behind me with assault rifles drawn!

Overall it was okay and Jack Osbourne came off looking a lot more capable than I would have expected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast