+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaToya Jackson

FORT Newbie
    Oh, don't be so harsh, you don't barf!! Look, going into this thing, I was as skeptical as anybody about Latoya's return to public life. But, after watching the first week of shows, c'mon, she's not that bad. The cat thing was off putting, but let's just chalk it up to opening-week jitters. I have all the confidence in the world that as Armed and Famous progresses, she will mellow out and not bother us at all.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    LaToya is my new hero. A girly-girl strapping on a gun and not falling over with the weight of it. Plus, she got through training and learned how to shoot that cannon. Of all of them, she has improved the most, and is continuing to do so. I have a dog phobia similar to her cat phobia and any dog larger than a poodle sends my fight or flight adrenaline into overdrive. More power to her for recognizing that she would have to get control in order to continue with the job and the show.

Remember, these semi-celebs are rookies and will make rookie mistakes. I really like that all of them recognize that and want to grow with the experience.

GO LATOYA!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think she could have some real insight during a domestic situation. Nothing in the world could be a better deterent to an abusive man than having a Jackson show up at your doorstep after flying into a rage. LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN DO TO YOUR CHILDREN! So many people love to hammer at Latoya and her siblings but to grow up in the public eye raised by a father who was as physically and emotionally abusive as theirs was has got to be something enormous to even try to overcome. I'm glad she's trying to do something new with herself, and I'm glad none of those people are carrying a gun in my town!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2210293;
    Remember, these semi-celebs are rookies and will make rookie mistakes. I really like that all of them recognize that and want to grow with the experience.

GO LATOYA!
    Rookies have months of experience, not a week or two. Someone with a gun and a smidgen of authority with a week or two of experience is a disaster waiting to happen, not a rookie.

Plus, non-celebs can flunk out of a training academy and there wasn't a chance of any of these people doing so.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12