+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Jack Osbourne

  1. #11
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Wow, talk about spoiler alert! I wonder if he'll actually get an LAPD job. LA's a lot more serious than Muncie, I wonder how that would go. Plus, in LA, you'd think people would hassle him a lot more for being "that pudgy kid from the Osbournes" or "that slightly less pudgy kid from Armed & Famous". Could be rough. Who thinks he should've just accepted the job in Muncie?

  2. #12
    FORT Fan Messalina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Graduater;2204195;
    Wow, talk about spoiler alert! I wonder if he'll actually get an LAPD job. LA's a lot more serious than Muncie, I wonder how that would go. Plus, in LA, you'd think people would hassle him a lot more for being "that pudgy kid from the Osbournes" or "that slightly less pudgy kid from Armed & Famous". Could be rough. Who thinks he should've just accepted the job in Muncie?

    You might be right, but there have been other former celebs who have become successful L.A. cops. One example that springs to mind is Bobby Sherman (and for those who don't remember him, or who are too young to remember him, he is a former singer and teen-idol, who used to be on the covers of all the teen magazines in the 70's and who used to have teeny-boppers squealing his name every time he appeared in public), and if anyone would have been given a rough time (and not just by the public, but also by his fellow cops), it would be him. But, he became an LAPD cop and, to this day, still is. So, if it's possible for Bobby, then it's possible for Jack, and I hope he makes it.

  3. #13
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2204355;
    You might be right, but there have been other former celebs who have become successful L.A. cops. One example that springs to mind is Bobby Sherman (and for those who don't remember him, or who are too young to remember him, he is a former singer and teen-idol, who used to be on the covers of all the teen magazines in the 70's and who used to have teeny-boppers squealing his name every time he appeared in public), and if anyone would have been given a rough time (and not just by the public, but also by his fellow cops), it would be him. But, he became an LAPD cop and, to this day, still is. So, if it's possible for Bobby, then it's possible for Jack, and I hope he makes it.
    I loved Bobby Sherman!!! I didn't know he was a LAPD..I always thought he was a EMT!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  4. #14
    FORT Fan Messalina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2204358;
    I loved Bobby Sherman!!! I didn't know he was a LAPD..I always thought he was a EMT!!
    He isan EMT, but he also is an officer for the LAPD (AND, he is a sheriff for San Bernadino County, too ) Quite a departure from teen idol, huh?

  5. #15
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    Didn't Bobby Sherman save some woman's life in dramatic fashion like 15 years ago? If Jack could go from the Osbournes to Armed & Famous to really truly saving lives in just a few short years, that would be pretty amazing.

  6. #16
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    There is no doubt in my mind that Jack will stick with this and have a long and disktinguished career as a peace officer. You can see it in his eye. And it totally makes Armed and Famous worthwhile, just knowing that over the course of the season we'll get to see him truly blossom.

  7. #17
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6
    Yeah, didn't you read? I know I just read it here somwhere, that Jack was offered a full-time position at the end of his Armed and Famous tenure in Muncie. But he turned it down and asked for a letter of rec to take to the LAPD. I know a lot of people chuckle at that, but hey, at least he's confident in his ability. Maybe it would do him some good, busting gun runners in Koreatown. LOL

  8. #18
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060
    Shaq O'Neal is a police reserve (has been for a number of years) and wants to go into law enforcement when he retires from the NBA. Why not Jack Osborne too?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  9. #19
    CEO
    CEO is offline
    Mark 1 Mod 0 CEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Argonot;2199605;
    "Talent scout"? That's a laugh too. I don't think I've ever seen a less talented talent scout. But he IS a dumpy little trainwreck, so I suppose the producers of Armed and Famous made a wise choice.
    He is considered an industry expert and has been choosing the acts for his father's Ozzfest since he was a pre-teen. Many of the hard-rock and heavy metal acts that are now very successful got their start by being discovered by Jack Osbourne.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  10. #20
    FORT Regular DSReynolds77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    37
    Posts
    80
    I live in Muncie. They did offer Jack a job, but he turned it down. He signed up for reserves in LA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.