+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Armed & Famous

Armed & Famous

'Armed & Famous' series to premiere Jan. 10 on CBS

"Armed & Famous," the reality series featuring five celebrities serving as Muncie Indiana police officers, will begin airing on the CBS-TV network beginning Wednesday, Jan. 10. Once the celebrities complete their police training, they will accompany officers on "ride-alongs." At that point, the celebrities will be carrying guns.

Erik Estrada, La Toya Jackson, Jack Osbourne and Jason "Wee-Man" Acuna and Trish Stratus will star in the reality series along with Muncie police officers and citizens.

The premiere episode will air 8-9 p.m. on Jan. 10, to be followed by a second original episode on Thursday, Jan. 11, also beginning at 8 p.m. The series will move to its regular time slot, Wednesdays at 8 p.m., on Jan. 17.
    A CBS press release did not specify how many episodes are planned.

Filming for the series is under way and expected to continue through mid-January.

How stupid.

And how pathetic that a legitimate municipal police agency thought it was appropriate to participate in this. :nono
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Regular
    I am so excited about this show. How could you not want to see La Toya Jackson behind a taser? There's clips of that on the CBS site if you do a search for Armed and Famous. I don't see what the problem is, if they went through legitimate training why not let them be cops?

What a train wreck and a disgrace to real law enforcement. I won't be watching.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Fogey
    For the first time in my life, I'm so ashamed of my birth city...

LG.
    I think this looks hilarious. Of course I was the biggest fan of My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I am a little afraid to come in here and say that my first impression is... FUN! LaToya! Ponch! Guns! YAY!! This is going to be like a Taco Bell Crunchwrap supreme, you know it's really bad for you and you're going to feel sick to your stomach afterward... but you can't stop eating (or watching) it!

I don't think it will last long but I hope there are some great laughs while it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2187880;
    I think this looks hilarious. Of course I was the biggest fan of My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee.
    LG....I loved that show too! Even people I know who don't do "Reality TV" watched it and cracked up. And to think, now he is the gay bartender on Grey's Anatomy!

I don't know if I will watch Armed and Famous though. I will probably see what else is on at that time. If nothing else captures my fancy I will probably tune in.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2187994;
    I am a little afraid to come in here and say that my first impression is... FUN! LaToya! Ponch! Guns! YAY!! This is going to be like a Taco Bell Crunchwrap supreme, you know it's really bad for you and you're going to feel sick to your stomach afterward... but you can't stop eating (or watching) it!

I don't think it will last long but I hope there are some great laughs while it's on.
    lol totally. It is going to be fun. I do hope it lasts long. I think that the respective celebs have large enough fan bases that there will be a lot more interest in this show than people think.

About the show

"ARMED & FAMOUS," A New Reality Series, Premieres Wednesday, Jan. 10 on the CBS Television Network

Erik Estrada, La Toya Jackson, Jack Osbourne, Jason "Wee-Man" Acuna and Trish Stratus Star In A New Series Which Follows Celebrities As They Become Working Police Officers in Muncie, Indiana

ARMED & FAMOUS, a new reality series that turns celebrities into crime fighters, will follow five brave stars through the Police Academy and onto patrol in Muncie, Indiana. ARMED & FAMOUS will premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) followed by a special original broadcast on Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. ARMED & FAMOUS moves to its regular time period, Wednesdays (8:00 - 9:00 PM, ET/PT) on Jan. 17.

ARMED & FAMOUS features actor Erik Estrada ("CHiPs"), singer and author La Toya Jackson, television personality Jack Osbourne ("The Osbournes"), professional skateboarder Jason "Wee-Man" Acua ("Jackass") and former WWE champion wrestler, Trish Stratus.

The series follows the five stars as they become sworn police officers in the Midwestern town of Muncie, Indiana -- a city of nearly 70,000 residents located 60 miles northeast of Indianapolis. It's also home to Ball State University.

Done with the full cooperation of the Muncie Police Department, the celebrities will undergo police training to become reserve police officers in the Muncie Police Department. They'll learn everything from firearms to hand-to-hand combat, and even learn what it's like to be on the receiving end of a taser shock as a part of the process to be certified to carry stun guns. Upon completion of their training, they'll be issued badges and guns, partnered with veteran officers and immediately hit the streets of Muncie. The five celebrities will protect and serve on the busiest shift of the night, 6 PM to 2 AM, responding to emergency calls, helping victims and making arrests.

ARMED & FAMOUS is produced by Emmy Award winner Tom Forman ("Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"), Jeffrey Kramer ("Ally McBeal") and Michael Braverman ("Jesse Ventura's America") for Tom Forman Prods. and Good TV, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast