+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Armed & Famous

I am actually excited to see this show -- I think it will be funny. I saw a commercial for it the other day, the one of them all at the shooting range and my question who let LaToya have a gun -- haha. I can't wait to see how this is going to play out. It premiere tomorrow, right? What time?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Toby, it premieres at 8pm tomorrow.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    did anyone see the ad for it on tonight's "access hollywood'? they showed some clips and one of them stands out to me as REALLY HORRIBLE ACTING (but what else would we expect?)

apparently latoya takes on a taser to see what it's like (like all cops are required to in training). instead of dropping IMMEDIATELY to the ground and yelling in agony like you see huge grown men doing when they're tased, latoya half-heartedly yells "ow ow ow ow" for about 5 or 6 seconds, and then she drops slowly to the floor with a long "ooooohhhhhh" like she's faking a faint job.

my goodness, that was the worst acting i've ever seen anywhere. and from the angle they filmed it, you don't actually see her being tased ... you just ASSUME she is. but her reaction proves otherwise.

FORT Newbie
    Oh man, that kind of ruins it for me. I've been hearing "Latoya gets tased, Latoya gets tased" and I was getting all juiced up to see it, but now... I dunno, I suppose armed and famous will find a way to keep me interested.

FORT Newbie
    I just saw some clips on http://www.cbs.com/primetime/armed_and_famous/ . I am a fan of some reality shows on CBS like Survivor and The Amazing Race, and I think Armed and Famous will be as good as the other two shows I mentioned. They show some originality and a lot of real stunts that other reality shows don’t have. I think I’m gonna love this show.

oh, i know i'll watch at least the first episode

FORT Fogey
    Muncie gets much publicity with David Letterman talking about his beloved Ball State Cardinals and their adventures into national collegiate athletics.

Muncie is still one of my favorite cities and was once a thriving place, with the Ball stores and the Chevrolet factory, among other things. It's sad that, like much of the midwest, it's fallen on such hard econimc times.

FYI - In 1929, Muncie was considered the typical American community, referred to as Middletown USA.

Okay, enough of my history lesson on Muncie...

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2200318;
    Toby, it premieres at 8pm tomorrow.
    Cool thanks -- I am sitting here waiting for it to come on Looking forward to seeing if these celebrities have what it takes to be cop...

And barefootdyke, I have not seen the access hollywood thing you are talking about but from all the clips that I have seen I dont think they are acting at all ... it seems real to me...30mins more mins...
    Last edited by Toby; 01-10-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: clicked submit too soon

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

i'm recording it (watching beauty and the geek instead). i'll probably watch this show later this week.

Here's a link to a local Muncie newspaper, with lots of info on the show as it happened (there may be some spoilers, if you care about such things ):

The Star Press
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast