+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Could the Liz Claiborne woman be any more caustic? Then suddenly at the end of the fashion show, she thinks Dawna did a good job.

How odd was it to throw a party, then make the honoree leave and not be able to enjoy the moment. What a disappointing show with a completely blah ending. Good grief.
    Last edited by roseskid; 12-22-2005 at 01:01 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    What a disappointing show with a completely blah ending. Good grief.
    Yeah, and I have to recap it, Roses

*trying hard to elicit sympathy from you*
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    Yeah, and I have to recap it, Roses

*trying hard to elicit sympathy from you*
    Oh, trust me, Sunny, you don't need to elicit sympathy...I feel for you, but I have no doubt your recap will be stellar and fabulouso. As a matter of fact, while I was watching the show, I kept thinking, "ha! I can't wait to see what Sunny does with this!" It was perfect fodder for your wit. Did you see Alexis talking to her mom in the car while Martha was using her Blackberry? Alexis: "Are you listening to me, Mom?" asked in a cutting tone? I'm surprised she hasn't married someone in prison just to 'show mom.' Oh, that's right, Mom's been in prison.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by RALPH124C41 View Post
    2. The ending seemed so formal and uninspired.
    Sorta like when Martha had the final people over to her estate for a thrilling horseback stroll and the soul searching game of Scrabble....

I hope Alexis can forge her way out of that environment, and her stiff upperclass childhood, and learn how to let her hair down (meant figuratively).

I only tuned in when they brought Bethany and Dawna in at the end. I was watching a rerun of a LOST episode I missed. I didn't care for Bethany.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    Did you see Alexis talking to her mom in the car while Martha was using her Blackberry? Alexis: "Are you listening to me, Mom?" asked in a cutting tone? I'm surprised she hasn't married someone in prison just to 'show mom.' Oh, that's right, Mom's been in prison.
    That is why I feel for Alexis instead of disliking her. Her mother must have been such a controlling witch (no iron hangers!!!). Alexis does have a sense of humour, like when she plugged her show, but her mother must suck out all the energy out of her. Can you imagine being Martha's daughter?

Alexis looks different!

I can't put my finger on it, but something about Alexis looks different at the live finale. Did she get a makeover? Or maybe a makeunder? Everything about her looks softer and not so 80's-harsh and-constrasty.

At first, I noticed her eye makeup looked much softer, but her lips and hair have really been toned down too. I think she looks better, less is more, but she looks so different she looks like another person. Is it becasue she noticed how bright her make-up looked on the show? Or maybe she has changed her look for her radio show? Of course, no one really sees radio hosts, so maybe it's to promote her show?

Actually, both her and Martha look a little different when they jump back and forth from the pre-taped to the live segments. Maybe they both went in for a little work after the taping? A little Mother/Daughter bonding over some Botox and eye jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Nice insults Martha lobbed at Bethanny. Pretty mean, in fact.

And actually, her endorsement of Dawna was lukewarm. "We could always use a good manager". And then she hands her a job which obvious doesn't include other employees reporting to her, but instead vague "development duties". I mean "Development Director"? Doesn't that stink of "I don't quite trust you enough to make you Editor-In-Chief".

All Dawna REALLY gets is 250K and hopefully she doesn't lose time at her OWN magazine.

What a crock of #@%&.
    Publishers usually come up from the advertising/circulation/business sections. Editor-in-Chief has a background in news/editorial usually. This job is actually perfect for Dawna because she will be able to meet with a higher level of advertisers just because of Martha's "brand name."

And most of the money made in a magazine or newspaper comes from advertising and NOT subscriptions. You need the subscription numbers to make it worth the advertisers' dollars, of course.

As to the car scene and martha taking away the champagne ... I doubt she would want to give her booze, have her drink and THEN say, "Here is your car, drive away now." The car scene was for the car company, of course. If it was filmed ahead of time, it was before the party and they would just cut away and then she would get her champagne back after a while. If it was during the event, I would bet that she turned around and came right back. Ah the magic of editing!

I only saw the part with the acutal fashion show and to the end, but I thought Dawna handled herself better than B. Perhaps B reminds Martha of herself in her off-camera moments? Now if the job was opening up a restaurant or somesuch, B would have been a nice fit.

(just because I think this Smilie is sooo cute)

Dear Martha,
    I've enjoyed watching you host this version of The Apprentice. Your ability to plug your other interests while fairly assessing the applicants is a testament to your strong business skills. The Donald Show may just be a mockery of the premise, but I trust that you will be very hands on with Dawna's apprenticeship.

I currently work with someone who has almost no computer skills. Our job involves using one all day. She gets upset that the trainer doesn't want to waste class time teaching her basic computer skills. I thought of this when Bethenny talked about being able to develop people skills. She is an adult and if she can't play well with others by now, it's not going to happen easily if at all. You were right not to waste your time on someone starting without the basic skills for the position.

I like your daughter, Alexis, but little Charles and his cigar pacifier were a disturbing distraction. It must be hard balancing a daughter/mom vs employee/employer relationship, but Martha Stewart has a rep of being able to do anything and this should be a priority. Are you listening to me?

You had a terrible time slot and less than stellar applicants, but you have far more potential than Trump ever did for this show and I'm sorry you won't be doing it again. Your rewards were considered lame by many viewers, but I thought they were appropriate and appreciated by the applicants.

My only true disappointment (other than Ryan getting drunk and Howie self-destructing) was that you didn't use the fire line "You just don't work for me." I hope your hire Marcela to establish a Latin branch to your company.

Best Regards,
    Dberk

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I only caught the circus portion of the finale.. about 3 minutes worth. Card playing online was more interesting to me.

Anyway.. Just wanted to say that this thread was hysterical! All of you made my finale-reading worthwile!

I'll keep a keen eye open for every.single.thing you all have capped on. Thanks!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    I thought it was interesting that Martha and company were not very good at making people feel comfortable. For a company which is all about home and style, they seemed more concerned with having everything look perfect rather than enhancing your life.

Martha/Alexis/Cigar never developed any sort of rapport with the contestants. The "rewards" at the country homes were more like visits to a museum. I was creeped out watching them. If I were there, I'd be counting the seconds until I could leave.

Contrast this with Trump's show. I would love to hang out with Donald/Carolyn/George. They seem like great people.

So the contrast is interesting. The show about the home and life company is very stiff and cold, but the show about cutthroat business has a lot more human emotion.

+ Reply to Thread