+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I'd prefer Martha over Donald just because the show was more pure (none of this fire everyone qualified in the first 1/3 of the show), but that's about it.

FORT Fogey
    The circulation of Her Sports is 150,000, which is pretty good considering the niche it's in. Dawna apparently used to have a $250k a year job, which she left for her unpaid (though probably not still unpaid) position at the magazine. Of course, the very fact that she named her company Wet Dog Media is a desperate cry for the need for creativity.

Three thoughts:

1. I really, really, REALLY thought Bethany would win because thoughout the series Martha kept harping on how she wanted to hire somebody who had fresh ideas and a passion for the job. That to me sounded much more like Bethany's traits, although I do admit others didn't like her too much personally. I've always thought that abrasiveness can be controlled but if you don't have passion, you can't learn it.

2. The ending seemed so formal and uninspired. Martha never even tried to congratulate or console Bethany. And as the show ended she didn't even try to talk to her or to anybody. She just stood there with her glass of champagne and talked to one of the contestants, I don't remember who it was. But to be fair, nobody really seemed to talk much to each other. It was really a very cold and anticlimatic ending, I thought.

3. Overall, I was disappointed in Martha's handling of the whole series. Comparisons to The Donald's show are inevitable, I guess, but he just seems much more interested in the show and contestants than Martha did in her show.r

FORT Regular
    I actually enjoyed this show throughout the season, but this finale seriously stunk. Martha really lacks The Donald's showmanship, which was something that worked for me during the season because I thought that she made better and more serious decisions about the firings. But her own lack of passion and flamboyance made it impossible for her to pull of the kind of finale that DT can and does.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMimi View Post
    Ummm does anyone else think that Alexis is a bit of a SNOT. " Listen to my show if you want to hear my opinion" and her tone... We might have had this backwards...Martha may be the one to empathize with! LOL

I like Alexis and her "dry" humor and way of saying things. Except when she was getting in the car after the circus - she seemed a little tipsy.

Meh.. What a... crappy ending to a show that had great promise..

Not even a 2hr finale.. lots of editting
    "Fool Me Once... Shame on Me...Fool Me Twice...Shame on You. Shame on YOU, Jen!"

I actually get Body & Soul magazine (free) but since I get about 30 magazines a month free, I rarely open it up. I guess I will now (at least for a couple of months) to see if I see anything on Dawna, or this show.

Rather boring last show. I had to laugh at the Circus, when Jim was sitting in the front with the rest of the children
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

It just started here on the West coast, and the finale being held on her daytime set, makes it looks as low budget as the rewards were. And who the hell picked out Martha's pants?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    With all the flak Dawna was catching for the plain ugly programme for her event, and us seeing Sarah or Howie not doing very much, I thought the finale was a "Bethenny wins" edit right up to the last 3 minutes.

The finale is so sedate compared to DT's last week. I think NBC should have run Martha's finale first then aired Trump's-- Showing Martha's after Donald's virtually guarantees that Martha's Nielson ratings would be in the septic tank.

Next season we get to laugh and snark at only one dose of supposedly brilliant young businesspersons making stupid mistakes per week. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Mom View Post
    Dawna jumps in her new Buick and quickly gets stuck in a traffic jam due to the transit worker strike - a fitting ending!!
    All that was flimed in head of time. The car portion anyways. They both did it in the event they would win. I know this because my mom works will Bill's(Winner Apprentice 1) sister.

+ Reply to Thread