+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Word!

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
    So the contrast is interesting. The show about the home and life company is very stiff and cold, but the show about cutthroat business has a lot more human emotion.
    Excellent observation! I totally agree!

Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Dear Martha,
    I've enjoyed watching you host this version of The Apprentice. Your ability to plug your other interests while fairly assessing the applicants is a testament to your strong business skills. The Donald Show may just be a mockery of the premise, but I trust that you will be very hands on with Dawna's apprenticeship.

I currently work with someone who has almost no computer skills. Our job involves using one all day. She gets upset that the trainer doesn't want to waste class time teaching her basic computer skills. I thought of this when Bethenny talked about being able to develop people skills. She is an adult and if she can't play well with others by now, it's not going to happen easily if at all. You were right not to waste your time on someone starting without the basic skills for the position.

I like your daughter, Alexis, but little Charles and his cigar pacifier were a disturbing distraction. It must be hard balancing a daughter/mom vs employee/employer relationship, but Martha Stewart has a rep of being able to do anything and this should be a priority. Are you listening to me?

You had a terrible time slot and less than stellar applicants, but you have far more potential than Trump ever did for this show and I'm sorry you won't be doing it again. Your rewards were considered lame by many viewers, but I thought they were appropriate and appreciated by the applicants.

My only true disappointment (other than Ryan getting drunk and Howie self-destructing) was that you didn't use the fire line "You just don't work for me." I hope your hire Marcela to establish a Latin branch to your company.

Best Regards,
    Dberk

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer View Post
    Next season we get to laugh and snark at only one dose of supposedly brilliant young businesspersons making stupid mistakes per week. Oh well.
    Or less.

Or maybe she has changed her look for her radio show?
    She still has a radio face. Now all she needs to do is get a radio personality.

She was just downright nasty to Bethenny about her "physical presence" .... geeez Martha, the girl has legs ... and she knows how to use 'em .... am thinking Martha's legs must resemble tree stumps.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    .... am thinking Martha's legs must resemble tree stumps.
    ..with a noticable "dead-ring" around one cuz of the LowJack.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    Yeah, and I have to recap it, Roses

*trying hard to elicit sympathy from you*
    I thought I would help you out:

The show started, Martha was there. So were other people, most of whom were crabby.

Then there were some commercials, and Martha was there some more. So were other people, most of whom were crabby.

More commercials, more Martha, circus clowns, models, and Dawna and Bethenny. More people, most of whom were crabby.

Martha makes strange speech, Bethenny loses , Dawna wins , champaign , car, and more people, most of whom were happy because the show is over.

I personally thought Bethenny did a better job of managing the circus. She seemed to know what was going on when. I was rooting for her. Seemed to me Dawna shouldn't have one, the other blond girl with short hair who was on her team (sorry can't remember her name) put the fashion show together. She picked out the outfits, accesories, most of the flier for the event, expect for the few last minute changes. What did Dawna do? I also missed seeing the contestants who "didn't fit in" talking about their experiences on the show.

My personal opinion is that Martha can't handle anyone who isn't a cardboard cutout. No one really stood out in the tasks, so she chose the "calm" one.
    Go Tigers!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by syd18 View Post
    Seemed to me Dawna shouldn't have one, the other blond girl with short hair who was on her team (sorry can't remember her name) put the fashion show together. She picked out the outfits, accesories, most of the flier for the event, expect for the few last minute changes. What did Dawna do?
    The blond girl with short hair is Amanda.

OK, here is what Dawna did -- she had an overall picture of what needed to be done, and she made sure that things were done on time. When she sensed that Amanda was in trouble, Donna took the team over there to see how they could help. Amanda put in a lot of work, but she was not good with time management. When Amanda was really behind schedule with respect to the program, Dawna phoned her and told her to give her the program corrections over the phone. What Dawna did was called management, whereas Amanda was a technician in a way.

Also, Amanda was quite disrespectful towards the liz claiborne executives when she was commenting on how some of their design pieces were rather boring (last week's episode) and were something she would never wear -- she said it to the face of executives. She obviously got on liz claiborne executives's nerves, and hence the liz claiborne executive was having a harsh attitude towards her and the team. Dawna was very friendly and respectful towards the liz claiborne executive and that was part of the reason why the executive was receptive towards Dawna (vs amanda). So, Dawna also had very good people skill and could communicate better with the clients.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I thought I would help you out:

The show started, Martha was there. So were other people, most of whom were crabby.

Then there were some commercials, and Martha was there some more. So were other people, most of whom were crabby.

More commercials, more Martha, circus clowns, models, and Dawna and Bethenny. More people, most of whom were crabby.

Martha makes strange speech, Bethenny loses , Dawna wins , champaign , car, and more people, most of whom were happy because the show is over.

very funny, Gabby! Now I don't have to do the work!
    *kidding, I still have to, but I enjoyed that bit!*
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread