+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick your winner (or if they have to work for Martha, are they really losers?)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Dawna is like chicken. Chicken fits into any menu, can be served with any side dish and can be flavored to taste like anything you want.
    Jim is more like sushi. Raw and minimally processed. Best when fresh and downright toxic if not served the right way.
    Bethany is like 99% fat free popcorn. Neither good, nor bad and you've had better.

Martha is a chicken person. She keeps chicken on her estate. I think she'll hire Dawna for her chicken coop. She'll fit right in!

Don't forget, though, Martha likes to decorate with dead fish. So maybe she'll choose Jim [tee-hee].

What has Jim done that has been impressive? The only reason he's still there is because he was initially kept for ratings, then he won as PM out of pure luck, he got way better celebrities than the other team, he even managed to embarass himself in that task in getting drunk. Then he just coasted along on Dawna's and Bethenny's good work. The second time he won as PM he just stood back and let Dawna do everything, hoping she would fail.

He may not be boring like Bethenny and especially Dawna but he's not some creative genius that's gonna bring a lot to Martha's company. He usually just rambles on making it look like he's actually doing something of worth, when he's not. When has he ever come up with a good, creative idea? The only thing he's done remotely well so far is selling, and only by being loud and obnoxious. I don't think Martha is looking for a salesman, let alone someone with his selling style.

FORT Newbie
    By now everyone must have seen the BusinessWeek interview Martha gave on 12/8... In particular Martha is disdained that those left are "inappropriate" because they are "opportunists and exhibitionists". We all know which exhibitionist she is referring to, so I think odds are pretty good Jim is not going to be hired. If that's accurate, it's going to be Dawna vs. Bethenny (I wonder which one is the opportunist?).

Kind of a strange crack about 'opportunitists' though. What was she expecting? Perhaps she isn't aware of the kind of people that sign up for reality TV shows.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Dawna is like chicken. Chicken fits into any menu, can be served with any side dish and can be flavored to taste like anything you want.
    Jim is more like sushi. Raw and minimally processed. Best when fresh and downright toxic if not served the right way.
    Bethany is like 99% fat free popcorn. Neither good, nor bad and you've had better.

Martha is a chicken person. She keeps chicken on her estate. I think she'll hire Dawna for her chicken coop. She'll fit right in!
    Excellent!

And good one, JBFAN.

FORT Newbie
    You know what ? Ill take a risk and Ill predict Bethany will win. I dont think they would have let the Scrabble incident pass the editing if Dawna was to be the final winner coz it d make her look completly idiotic and ineffective.
    Martha made clear she thought the cast was a bunch of losers so I can see her going with the one she is the most familiar with. At the very least George can vouch for Bethany and however much Martha may despise them all THAT could subtly play in Bethany's favor.
    And I kinda like her to be honest.

Like Martha herself isn't an opportunists and an exhibitionist. More the first than the second, of course, but even the second is true if you consider aggressive marketing of a manufactured image of oneself to fall under that as a sub-category.

Cast no stones, Martha. Unless it's got Trumpie's name on it, of course...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by doriangz View Post
    You know what ? Ill take a risk and Ill predict Bethany will win. I dont think they would have let the Scrabble incident pass the editing if Dawna was to be the final winner coz it d make her look completly idiotic and ineffective...
    I agree it wasn't a great edit for Dawna. It was the only poor one I've seen of her though and it's a real reach for MSA & editors to damn her for it.

At the private dinner reward, Charles did describe Bethany as someone who shares Martha's interests which was a revealing comment.

Bethany could be perceived as more managable whilst Donna would have expectations for the apprenticeship role. Martha's comments about the whole lot of characters leads me to think that she would go with the one who would be the least demanding.
    home at last

FORT Fanatic
    I keep remembering at the very beginning when everyone was being introduced to Charles and Alexis. There was a big point made of the fact that Charles and Bethenny know each other - Bethenny dated Charles' son. I figure that the point was made so visibly in case the internet sleuths figured it out along the way. It wouldn't matter if Bethenny was eliminated early on in the show, but if she, say, won the whole thing, the producers would want that statement out there at the beginning. Could it be that it was foreshadowing? I know there will be a live finale, but we all know that Martha made the decision after the actual taping of the show, it just isn't revealed until the finale. The producers, of course, know who wins.

I think Dawna will win. I'd hire Dawna if I were Martha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast