+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I like Jim, personally. I think he's enthusiastic, creative and looks like a lot of fun to work with. I thought Betheny and Dawna were acting like a couple of nervous grannies last night. Betheny is so high-strung I keep expecting her buggy eyes to explode right out of her scrawny little body.

So what if he has a flamboyant personality? Yes, it's the antithesis of Martha, but I don't think MSLO was solely built by a bunch of suit and tie Trump-like executive drones. (In fact, didn't Cigar-Man make a comment of that nature early on in the show?) Martha keeps yapping how she wants someone with *passion* - well, Dawna hasn't shown any that I've seen and like I said, Betheny seems to be a bundle of nerves, not passion. I think Jim is a shoo-in for F2, at least.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    If Jim becomes Martha's apprentice I will be shocked. He may have been kept to try and bump up the ratings but in the end he babbles on way too much to win. He talks just to hear his own voice.

Marcella did not deserve to go last night. She told Ryan his ideas was bad, the sports approach and the "play" on words was stupid. IMO, I think she really wanted to be let go, to go home. She didn't want to compete for this job any longer. She could've easily spoken up in the CF but she did not say 1 word.

I hope Jim does not win. His personality doesn't fit in with Martha S's company.

Marcela just told Ryan that she thought his ideas were bad. She didn't put much effort into convincing him otherwise. She didn't have the confidence to stand up to him and really sell her opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Dawna is the only remotely qualified candidate left.
    But she's a disaster at Scrabble. She's screwed.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Premium Member
    I did think Marcella was adorable, but when I think of the time she said she was a "quiet force" and then seeing how she always looked swallowed up by whatever chair she was sitting in, she always seemed like a cute little girl trying to play grown-up.

FORT Fogey
    Aside from his insistence that being drunk was not an issue, I liked Ryan's accountability, and I also liked the fact that he and Marcela didn't rip each other to shreds and get passed to the next stage due to their ability to scream rather than their ability to do anything else (as happens on Trump's show).

I did not mind Marcela's behavior because she was upfront about not being cutthroat. One part of her defense I thought was stupid was that she said she figured she'd be going home if they lost.

Where she lost the game: not insisting on being PM that final task. As someone who lost two tasks already as PM, she had the most to lose and should have stepped up to the plate.

Both of them are such disappointments...they were my two favorites. Neither one is executive material, however. Martha did the right thing.
    The problem is that none of the people remaining, and perhaps none of the people who have been there all season, fit the mold of executive.

Marcela tries to tell Ryan he should change his ideas to meet his target audience, he tells her no, what more was she supposed to do at that point?
    I agree. She told him no again and again at various points throughout the task, but he was either too drunk or stupid to listen to her. It's unrealistic for Martha to have expected any more out of her than that.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    I hope Jim does not win. His personality doesn't fit in with Martha S's company.
    You mean he's not a boring droning type?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

H2O
    I hope Jim shows his true personality in the interviews - if so, he's gone.

Betheny seems to be more creative and have some management potential. She had a good edit on this task.

Dawna seems to be organized and have higher management potential but her creativity is the question mark.

Next week should be interesting.

I like Martha and her straightforward style. Alexis and Charles provided decent input this week in the boardroom - finally!

+ Reply to Thread