+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBC has officially ended Martha's "Apprentice"

NBC has officially ended Martha's "Apprentice"

Article HERE

NBC fires Stewart's 'Apprentice'
    Show has struggled in the ratings

Monday, November 14, 2005; Posted: 9:04 a.m. EST (14:04 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- It's a fade out for "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" after next month's finale.

Sources said that NBC has passed on ordering another round of episodes of the Stewart-hosted edition of "The Apprentice," which has struggled in the ratings since its September 21 premiere. A spokesman for NBC stressed Sunday that the show always had been scheduled to run for only one cycle.

NBC and "Apprentice" executive producer Mark Burnett tapped Stewart to helm the spinoff in an effort to capitalize on public curiosity about the lifestyle maven after her release this year from a five-month prison term for lying to investigators in connection with an insider-trading stock probe. Plans for Stewart to host the spinoff were announced in February while Stewart was behind bars in West Virginia.

Like the original "Apprentice" and its gregarious entrepreneur host Donald Trump, Stewart's version of the show set up a competition among 16 would-be executives to win a $250,000 prize and a year-long "apprenticeship" job at Stewart's Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia company. Stewart's panel of judges each week include Charles Koppelman, chairman of the board at MSLO, and her daughter, MSLO consultant Alexis Stewart.

While Trump's "Apprentice" was an instant hit last year on its debut, Stewart's opened with little sizzle, drawing just 7.1 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research. For the season-to-date, the show has averaged 6.8 million viewers.

"Apprentice: Martha Stewart" opened the season for NBC in the Wednesday lead-off slot, and then shifted to 9 p.m. in the line of fire of one of primetime's biggest hits, ABC's "Lost," as of October 5. Its two-hour live finale is set for December 21.

Burnett and Stewart also are partnered with NBC Universal in a daytime syndicated show, "Martha," which has delivered fair to middling ratings since its September premiere.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Aw CRAP!!!

I liked this show!!! Now how are we going to know how this all ended???

FORT Fanatic
    her daytime show will be next. I think Martha Stewart has a following, but she is very dull. And doesn't show much personality. She does have a following, and I think her show on sirus will do well, along with her magazine.

It sounds like they are letting the show finish its run, but aren't renewing it. The finale is on 12/21.

ETA: Jinx, mountaingirl!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Aw CRAP!!!

I think they will finish out this season, but just not renew another. Gosh, I hope I'm right.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for clearing this up for me, hepcat and mountaingirl70!!! I should have thought of that myself but I wasn't thinking too clearly after smashing my head into that brick wall (above).

THANKS AGAIN!!

FORT Fogey
    While I have long been an anti-Martha person (don't support her or her products/programs in any way!!!) and I'm happy to see her fall on her face (can't wait until the daytime show is cancelled too!!), but my sympathies to the fans of this show. Having just lost Arrested Development, I understand the pain of losing a favorite show too soon.

I love Martha, but the show is rather dull. I'm watching because I'm a fan of hers, not because it's a great show. I'll stick to her magazines and recipes.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I just saw the news on Yahoo. I really liked these contestants in comparison to Donald's this year. Martha did well!!

I'm disappointed too. I think I enjoy it more than Donald's Apprentice. This show seems a lot more "fun" somehow.

I'll especially miss seeing the Fresian in the opening credits... sounds dumb, but where else can you see a Fresian on tv?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast