+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NBC has officially ended Martha's "Apprentice"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    About time.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    So who will The Donald blame for his dismal ratings next season?

That's exactly what I was thinking!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Martha just doesnt fit.......lol

I was hoping she would get a better time slot and replace the ever annoying Trump.

Martha doesn't have the flare and charisma of Trump and her line at the end sucked. However, on the whole the show was pretty good. My biggest problem was keeping track of all the contestants. Under no circumstance do we need 2 Apprentices going on at the same time. It only confuses us...especially when we have to keep track of contestants of other shows like Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by babydollbrat View Post

I really like this version of The Apprentice and wish they would bring it back! I really can't get into The Donald's version this time around after watching Martha's. I like the way she treats the contestants and I love the rewards!
    I so agree with you babydollbrat! I've enjoyed Martha's Apprentice much more than Donalds's this season.

FORT Regular
    I LOVE Marthra, but I think her biggest mistake was firing Dawn before Jim. From day 1, they fed the viewers a Jim v/s Dawn battle that carried on far too long. Martha probably thought having Jim around would make the show interesting...but it only make it predictable. Before Dawns lazy firing episode, she was someone who many viewers were rooting for! She wasn't afraid to attack Jim like so many of the other people are. Jim ruined this show for me. Hes annoying, predictable, and is putting on the biggest SHOW I've ever seen. Keeping him on this long has made this show into a joke! ... thats why people stopped watching it, thats why I don't watch it anymore.

I haven't seen this written much, but I think Martha Stewart is a much better business person than Trump. She understands her audience and identity branding like no one else. She doesn't mistake civility for weakness. She's tough when she needs to be, but not for sport. She doesn't want "yes" people, but rather idea people. In short, she measures candidates by the right yardsticks.
    Trump, on the other hand, is giving an entire generation all the wrong ideas about business: that money is the ONLY measure of success (even most business people don't agree with this), that self-promotion is more virtuous than teamwork, that stepping on someone's head to climb the ladder is not only acceptable, but encouraged. And finally, that stuff plated in gold looks really classy.
    Martha makes Trump look like a used-car dealer.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

She Didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by anitavacation View Post

4. Lemonade stands are cute, but: I mean come on, Martha, the ability to work for your company is in no way, shape, form, or fashion realted to the ability to sell lemonade on the corner of 5th and Broadway. I wanted to see aspects of your company, as in one of the things you'll do as my apprentice is ____, so therefore you challenge is....
    I can't believe Mark Burnett's shameless self-promotion . . .It's not enough to recycle the Apprentice concept, but now he's recycling individual tasks???

Like anybody is fooled . . .Lemonade Stand was Task 1 on the first season of Donald's Apprentice. I guess they're counting on long-term memory loss among the audience. It was like waaaaaay 2 springs ago. Shameless.

Guess I'm not that surprised, now that I think about it.

Your objections to Martha's Lemonade Task are the same ones I asked of my TV set when the Donald did it.

I have not watched any of Martha's show 'cept for a couple really painful boardroom sequences. Her apprenti seem to be a lot uglier than Donald's people, but evidently that does not make them any more capable. I agree that Martha is the vocal equivilent of Sominex. Love the Donald or hate him, he makes it hard to look away. Martha makes me wanna doze off .

Excellent suggestion about the guest chefs, BTW. Too bad they won't be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I haven't seen this written much, but I think Martha Stewart is a much better business person than Trump. She understands her audience and identity branding like no one else. She doesn't mistake civility for weakness. She's tough when she needs to be, but not for sport. She doesn't want "yes" people, but rather idea people. In short, she measures candidates by the right yardsticks.
    Trump, on the other hand, is giving an entire generation all the wrong ideas about business: that money is the ONLY measure of success (even most business people don't agree with this), that self-promotion is more virtuous than teamwork, that stepping on someone's head to climb the ladder is not only acceptable, but encouraged. And finally, that stuff plated in gold looks really classy.
    Martha makes Trump look like a used-car dealer.
    On the other hand... Trump is much more entertaining, business acumen aside.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234