+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Martha's house looked so promising on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I answered this question at length at the end of last week's thread.

Howie started out as my fav, but I agree with Martha that he just seemed to run out of gas and loose interest in the process. Bethenny is too hyper as a PM, but she is able to control the team members (even Jim) and make tough decisions. I don't like her as a person, but she may have potential as an apprentice.

If Martha does another year of this, I hope she replaces Charles and his stogie and gets a decent time slot. I like Alexis and don't understand why she is getting so much crap. I'm sure similar comments were made about Carolyn in TA1 and I'm tempted to track them down as proof.

Amanda is a real Chatty Kathy. I hope she isn't a trial attorney. If she is I'm sure she's been sighted for contempt a lot for refusing to SHUT UP in court.

Ryan and Marcela remain my favs.
    Ok, I just read your response and I agree with everything you say in that post. The fact that he is able to out-maneuver the others with his snake-like abilities makes him even more pernicious. I think Trump's assistants would have been much more likely to pick up on this and he would have been gone already from The Trump Apprentice show, ratings or no ratings.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGills
    Martha's house looked so promising on the outside.
    And Martha's house looked so much like your avatar on the inside!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Howie's getting the Qboot, and Martha says, "I just don't get what you would do in our kind of company."

What a painfully long, drawn-out, exhausting "punch line."

Geez, Martha, just say, "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE," would you???
    I know - what a lame "punch line"...she needs to pick one and stick with it. I think at least, "You just don't work for me" had the pun intended twist to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo
    Bethenny should've been sent home along with Howie. She was a poor excuse for a PM and I can't stand her at all. Howie used to be one of my faves early on, but he really went completely downhill on this task and he deserved to go. I'm so disappointed with Howie!

Whoa! Next week, things are going to get really heated. Is it just me or did I just see Marcela have a meltdown in the previews?
    Looks like Leslie does too. They were both crying and one of them says, she is not cut out for this and wants to go home.
    Last edited by PGM35; 11-10-2005 at 11:09 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

I have to admit that I just watched portions of the show. QVC bores me to death. But it sure looked like Howie just gave up. He was numb. Jim is a snake, but he is putting on a good face and calming down when he needs to. And it helps that there are some really weak players who do nothing each time his team loses.

What I can't understand is why Bethenny (I really want to spell her name Bethany) sent blondie back to the room after she trashed her as PM. Perhaps she knew she was weak and that it was better to have a crazy person who wants Howie to go home in the boardroom with her.

She did seem upset that Howie was going home. A bit too weak to be a manager in my humble opinion.

On a side note, people will buy anything on TV. $99 plus shipping? $50 for a simple pump. Pshaw. Overpriced.

Next week looks "interesting." Funny Jim calling someone else a Rogue.

FORT Regular
    I think the right person went home. I liked Howie also until this week. Wish Amanda could have gone home too; does she ever shut up?! Thought it was funny when she said "people respond to me" ugh. In a bad way, maybe. Think Amanda wants to be an on-air personality and don't think it would work. I do like Bethany; Jim has not been bad the past two weeks; Leslie is growing on me, a little.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I can't figure out what's wrong with Howie. He just doesn't seem to care anymore. Well they can't say that Jim didn't warn them that he was going to act crazy, if they put him in front of the camera.

Yes, it sure did like he didn't care anymore but notice that he sure was upset when they didn't win.

Howie deserved the boot, he didn't learn his lines about the product, he didn't practice, he just didn't prepare.

Bethany was stupid and nasty, calling Dawna a bore, then trying to backstab her, trying to bring her up in the CF when she wasn't present . Both Bethany and Howie both deserved to go before Dawna!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    And Martha's house looked so much like your avatar on the inside!!!
    I was duly inspired. My DH and I just sat there in stunned disbelief while the tour took place. I'm sure our mouths hung open.

FORT Newbie

I just don't get it....

I understand the ratings reason for keeping Jim around, but he and Bethany have seen more boardroom firings than any two people in the history of either Apprentice show. They're both losers and they should both go, just on their lousy history. Other than the dog charity show, have they been on a single winning team? NO!

If either one of them had the slightest little bit of whatever it is that Martha is looking for, they would have stepped forward (notice I didn't say "s-u-t-t-p" -- AAAAAAgggg I wish they would start bleeping that phrase -- it makes me nauseous everytime I hear it) and given winning ideas that would have pulled their teams to victory. (Case in point -- Alla from last night's Apprentice. That team never would have won if it had been left up to Clay)

So get rid of them already. They're both dead weight.

+ Reply to Thread