+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think Ryan is the man to beat. He's done really well in all tasks and just goes for the win with the right attitude. For the first time, I liked Jim, but I wonder if next week is going to get him fired and secure a spot in the Final 2 haha. The two blondes deserved to go, they didn't do anything! They were just blah, and putting the blame on Howie and/or Bethanny. Pshhh, please. But I did like how they were sent away together. I can just see it now, "We've done everything together. We even got firted together." haha! I'm starting to think that the name "Matchstick" is jinxed or something. That's like loss #642,751 haha!

And yeah, the return of "You just don't fit in" OUCH !

Quote Originally Posted by manjalteng
    I'm starting to think that the name "Matchstick" is jinxed or something. That's like loss #642,751 haha!
    But... Matchstick was the winning team.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quiet brainstorming. Pfft! More like brain-drizzle.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by user name
    I haven't seen anything bad out of Dawna, but I haven't seen anything convincing out of her either. Neither of the wins she's had as project manager were based on her strengths but rather those around her, though arguably she was able to utilize those strengths where others have failed.
    I think Dawna is a contender for the win along with Ryan. The editing focus was on the losing team so we saw little of the winners. She did a good job of keeping the brainstorming focused. She shot down Ryans idea for a shirt with breasts, respectfully and got the team moving ahead with speed. If we had seen more I bet we would be impressed. It appears that she is well liked. Had there been diary talks from her team having doubts about her or strife they would have aired it. That creates suspense and drama. As it was, there was just no hiding it.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 11-03-2005 at 08:14 AM.

FORT Fogey
    I watched last night but didn't come to this thread 'cause my home computer's still sick.

Anyway, I WAS SHOCKED at the behavior or Primarius during their demonstration.

Holy crap, that guy Jim is a freakin' NUTCASE.

NOTE TO MARTHA: It's a huge red flag and a sign of mental illness in a contestant when a contestant shows up in the Conference Room too hoarse to speak, week after week, because he's spent his time on the task screaming his lungs out.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manjalteng
    I think Ryan is the man to beat. He's done really well in all tasks and just goes for the win with the right attitude.
    I agree. I said something like that a couple weeks ago in the Ryan thread, but was also thinking he'd have a better shot on the Donald show.

While the first idea was ....well, WOAH...he was the one that came up with the fighting idea. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what their project manager did other than have the good luck of having Ryan (who seems to come up with most of the ideas) and having a lot of hard working people on her team.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Holy crap, that guy Jim is a freakin' NUTCASE.

NOTE TO MARTHA: It's a huge red flag and a sign of mental illness in a contestant when a contestant shows up in the Conference Room too hoarse to speak, week after week, because he's spent his time on the task screaming his lungs out.
    You said it Pom! Hope you get your 'puter fixed soon.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Am I the only one that thought the superhero theme was rather obvious and a little trite? I really thought that Matchstick pulled off the win because they functioned so well as a team and the Primarius presentation was so unbeliveably weak.

Am I also the only one rooting for Jim? I mean, yeah, he's obnoxious and a little...odd...but hey, so is Martha. It seems to me he's the only one who's got the energy and creativity to be a part of Martha's organization.

I love these multiple firings. With so many weak contestants (on this show AND Trump's) firing only one person a week is agonizing.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Was watching Martha today and she had on Carrie and Sarah. They have started their own consulting firm along with David. From the gist of the conversation, there aremore apprentices in the firm but they said we would just have to keep watching.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I love these multiple firings. With so many weak contestants (on this show AND Trump's) firing only one person a week is agonizing.

I agree, AJane. Multiple firings is more than appropriate. Although, if everything is planned in advance (as I'm assuming it is), how do they (MB and DT) KNOW that there would be 2 or 4 obvious screw-up candidates? Anyhoooo...have to say I love your pic of Jim Caruk

+ Reply to Thread