+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Am I the only one that thought the superhero theme was rather obvious and a little trite? I really thought that Matchstick pulled off the win because they functioned so well as a team and the Primarius presentation was so unbeliveably weak.

Am I also the only one rooting for Jim? I mean, yeah, he's obnoxious and a little...odd...but hey, so is Martha. It seems to me he's the only one who's got the energy and creativity to be a part of Martha's organization.

I love these multiple firings. With so many weak contestants (on this show AND Trump's) firing only one person a week is agonizing.
    I thought the same thing about the superhero theme. A guy knocking out a little girl in a red dress was a tad wierd to me. I think that a show with GOOD dancers and jugglers using the product, preferably all dressed the same in something like opalescent white body suits with the orange product logo on the torso--think Blue Man Group--could have been fun and interesting. And hip. Instead they got a few lame performers dressed in random stuff with Jim and Bethenny trying to rap. They also needed to have a product demo table like the other team. Obviously.

I too was astounded that Jim was the only one who kept pointing out things such as the need to actually show the product. He actually did not deserve firing, possibly for the first time. I couldn't get over Blonde II sitting there happily notating their non-effort. And SILENT braintstorming? Whuh? How do you exchange ideas in SILENCE??

Martha made absolutely the right choice. As usual.

FORT Fogey
    Jim's completely hopeless. Even if by some miracle he were to make final two, Martha would see what a jackass he is before the live finale. You can't treat this show this much like Survivor.

In fact, I'm not exactly sure what their project manager did other than have the good luck of having Ryan (who seems to come up with most of the ideas) and having a lot of hard working people on her team.
    That was my point as well. Not just that, but she ran up against a completely incompetent opponent that just simply could not lose no matter what. Same as last time, with the scary Hansel and Gretel who changed their names and ran away from home. Granted, I can't say anything negative about Dawna either, which is not something that I could suggest for some of the remaining contestants (Jim, Bethenny, Leslie).

Am I the only one that thought the superhero theme was rather obvious and a little trite? I really thought that Matchstick pulled off the win because they functioned so well as a team and the Primarius presentation was so unbeliveably weak.
    I was definitely very impressed with how they functioned as a group, more so than their concept. They got a plan up and going, had fun, and everyone worked on making it a success. And nobody said wearing one of these uniforms was against their religion, which is worth bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I watched last night but didn't come to this thread 'cause my home computer's still sick.

Anyway, I WAS SHOCKED at the behavior or Primarius during their demonstration.

Holy crap, that guy Jim is a freakin' NUTCASE.

NOTE TO MARTHA: It's a huge red flag and a sign of mental illness in a contestant when a contestant shows up in the Conference Room too hoarse to speak, week after week, because he's spent his time on the task screaming his lungs out.
    LOL You're right on Pom! Was it Jim's voice that was hoarse or Bethany's? I don't remember. I bet it's Bethanny though because she was SOOOO LOUD! LOL

I hope your computer gets fixed soon.

My brother thinks Alexis is a bimbo. From what I have seen of her, she isn't as forceful as her mother (who I don't like). She needs to show more backbone because it's obvious Martha has little or no respect for Alexis. Charles looks silly with the cigar.

"The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Good one tonight

I signed up just so I could say how much I enjoy FORT instead of just lurking.

Loved the episode yesterday. Laughed hard at the boxing presentation. Simple, interactive, colorful, and easy to remember. Yes, it is obvious. But most ads are. Easy to remember. Too clever and people will remember the idea but NOT the product.

I actually had to look away at the other team's presentation. If they didn't like boxing, they could have gone with a magician and tie in with the circus/show theme. Easy.

I usually hate Jim, but in this one he deserved to stay. He actually was calm and tried to contribute without being his usual self. Wonder if Martha's comment about "creative" people at her business are nice actually sunk in.

Right on with firing both the women. I enjoyed this more than any of the other episodes.

Keep up the good work, FORT. Sometimes I enjoy the episode summaries more than the shows themselves. (OK, sometimes I read them rather than watch the shows. I have a very active 4-year-old)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    Loved the episode yesterday. Laughed hard at the boxing presentation. Simple, interactive, colorful, and easy to remember. Yes, it is obvious. But most ads are. Easy to remember. Too clever and people will remember the idea but NOT the product.
    You're a welcome addition, Allie. Great post! I totally agree.

I still like Howie, but Ryan seems to be the better candidate. Howie seems so discouraged lately. I think he was really thrown by the team mix-up.

Having to say that Jim contributed the most on this task was probably as painful for us as it was for the PM. He has become far more subdued in the conference room than he was in the first shows. Next week he reverts back to his Jim the Jackass persona. Could this FINALLY be his swan song?

I don't see "silent brainstorming" becoming a new trend in the business world. The saner team members should have pointed out how unproductive it was before so much time was wasted.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I record the show because I am alseep during the time it is on and each week when I sit down to watch I cross my fingers that Jim goes home this week and it never happens!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Quote Originally Posted by Allie

I actually had to look away at the other team's presentation. If they didn't like boxing, they could have gone with a magician and tie in with the circus/show theme. Easy.

I usually hate Jim, but in this one he deserved to stay. He actually was calm and tried to contribute without being his usual self. Wonder if Martha's comment about "creative" people at her business are nice actually sunk in.

Right on with firing both the women. I enjoyed this more than any of the other episodes.
    Welcome Allie I quoted the majority of your post because I so agree. I cringed during the "professional" actors stunt. Thought the "boxing" team had a lot of fun and so did their audience. Let's see - this was taped a couple of months ago? and have you seen the Tide To Go commercial where the drill sargeant is screaming about a stain that magically disappears? One of the boxing team audience members that tried out the Tide pencil was a sailor in whites...said it worked - good PR for Tide.

When does Jim get the handshake?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    When does Jim get the handshake?
    Good question. I'm thinking maybe it's when they don't need him for ratings anymore. Don't you think that's the only reason he's still on? The rest of the "applicants" seem like OK people, but may not be able to make for an interesting show by themselves. I mean, can anyone honestly see Jim working for Martha Stewart? It's actually kind of a funny thought.

Jim the Jackass

The previews makes it look like Jim will exit on the next show. Jim has been a jerk from day one, but somehow managed to not be the worst applicant at the end of each losing task. The artwork he creates is very good. His presentation/people skills suck, but the PMs now just keep him out of the spotlight so he can't be bashed for that.

After Martha singled him out for criticism in the conference room, he completely backed off to a non-threatening posture there. When Howie responded to Jim's verbal threats with physical threats of his own, Jim abandoned that strategy. During the tasks he is now much more likely to complain to the camera than his teammates after he was singled out as a troublemaker by the team. He may not be likable, but he is certainly adaptable.

Accomplishments: He campaigned against Dawn from day one. Initially that bit him in the ass, but he poisoned the team (and later Martha) against her and weakened Dawn's self-confidence. Howie has been unfocused since their fight. He influenced picks and "blame targets" for each conference room. Last show he was singled out as the biggest contributor to the team.

I can't stand the guy and I'm not defending him. I'm just answering the "Why is Jim still here?" question. He has zero chance of winning.

GET RID OF THAT CIGAR!!!!!

I wish Martha would continue to say "You just don't work for me." I love the double meaning and the levels of nastiness that are inferred.
    Last edited by dberk; 11-06-2005 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread