+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    Why didn't Marcella mention the fact that she made the salad dressing last week? and won for her team?
    She very well could have. The conference room portion of the show is extremely short, so I am guessing tons must be edited out.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    Why didn't Marcella mention the fact that she made the salad dressing last week? and won for her team?
    Because the making of the dressing isn't what really made them win. Whether people wanna admit this or not, if Lelslie didn't force those bottles into peoples buggy all day then they probably would've came up short. Do you think EVERYONE of those forced fed customers returned the bottles? I seriously doubt that because I'm one of those people would probably pay for the 2 or 3 extra bottles she gave me simply on the fact that they might be rare in the future. They didn't win by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    What got me were the abbreviated descriptions of the auction items?
    The full descriptions must have been in their programs. People wouldn't bid thousands of dollars, if they weren't sure what they were getting.

I'm glad David was fired. He is only interested in the Internet part of her company and I should think she is looking for someone with more varied interests. He was smart to make his sales pitch in the conference room. He may actually get the job he wants without being the last one standing.

I think it was the nature of the task that allowed the PM to take a backseat here. She wasn't responsible for the loss. The teams didn't get to pick the celebs. Sometimes a good PM just sits back and allows her team to work without unnecessary interference. Marcella deserves another chance.

It was very shortsighted of her team to throw Marcella under the bus like that. Without her there wouldn't have been a winning dressing and while her cake didn't sell that wasn't her fault, because she made it to the specification given to her. Only Leslie had the sense to see that Marcella had more to contribute to future tasks than David.

I don't have a problem with the lack of rewards. This is a job interview and how many companies give you a prize each time you make it through a cut. One - The Donald Show. This allows more air time for the task and conference room.

The White Glove Treatment visit was great. Howie running to clean his room will be a moment his wife will treasure forever.

Quote Originally Posted by curufio
    Because the making of the dressing isn't what really made them win. Whether people wanna admit this or not, if Lelslie didn't force those bottles into peoples buggy all day then they probably would've came up short. Do you think EVERYONE of those forced fed customers returned the bottles? I seriously doubt that because I'm one of those people would probably pay for the 2 or 3 extra bottles she gave me simply on the fact that they might be rare in the future. They didn't win by that much.
    That is true that Leslie did force people to buy the bottles. LOL True. I thought they were lucky then to win and she did contribute to that more than the taste of the dressing. It makes sense that they edited it out if Marcella bought it up that she made the dressing etc last time.

UGH! So fricking close to Jim leaving. Next week since Bethany hasn't been project manager he will be it and they will lose. She takes Jim in and they both leave. Then almost all of the original Matchstick will finally be extinict. Marcella is going to be the Stephaine from Ulong this season.

Quote Originally Posted by curufio
    Because the making of the dressing isn't what really made them win.
    I have to disagree with this. Customers were not buying the dressing blindly. They had the opportunity to sample it first. Ryan said that Leslie's tactics resulted in about 40 bottles being returned. That's a good indication that it didn't work.

They didn't win the task by a great $$$ margin, since the other dressing was priced higher, but they sold significantly more bottles (15%?). Wish Bone may have cared more about the money, but Martha cared more about the numbers.

It's really not surprising to me that MS decided to send David home instead of Marcela. David was pretty much a non-factor since the first episode. He may not have contributed to Matchstick's failure for the first four weeks, yet he sure as hell didn't contribute to the team's success either. Worse yet, he totally sucked as a PM and he accepted corrupted advice from Jim on which candidates he should take back with him to the CR (after Task 3, the episode where MS should've sent him home for bringing the wrong people into the CR). As for Marcela, I just don't really like her in the business sense. I'm quite sure that Marcela is a very good cook, but I seriously doubt that she is even cut out for the dream job that MS is offering. Marcela may be quite the cutie, but I truly think that she's not all there (Given the fact that she's cuckoo enough to marry her KINDERGARTEN sweetheart and get knocked up by him in a very short period of time ). Worse yet, Marcela is giving me the impression that she's a closet MS groupie! Yikes! Needless to say, I'm no fan of Marcela and I can't really picture her sticking around for very long, but David was an even weaker candidate than her and he deserved to go.

On a side note: I totally hate Jim (along with his arrogant attitude) and I really hope that he's sent home very soon!

What a quiet conference room today haha! I'm tired of Martha picking who's going to the conference room. It may be only 2 people's fault but there's always that option to bring in 2 with the PM (at least Donald asks and the PMs will say they just want one). Where's the drama with only 2? It's boring. But this episode was slightly climatic with the auction, only to go downhill when Jim won haha!

Oh and did anyone see those gold shoes Martha was wearing when she was out with her dogs?! I'm sorry but those shoes are just going to have to say "Goodbye" haha. What the heck happened to her ending line? I know it was bad, but at least it was better than "Goodbye"!

FORT Fogey
    Well:

I've already seen the extended footage, and it showed that David deserved to go. Marcela did just enough to skate by, though she is really going to have to step up to stay beyond a few more weeks.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    If its hosted by Bernedette Peters you KNOW its an event mostly with washed up people.
    Why would you consider a Broadway Star a wash-up? She's chosen to display her acting craft on the live stage instead of on the boobtube. Live production in front of a live audience without benefit of editing requires much greater talent.

+ Reply to Thread