+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    LOL Yeah, I mean, WHY would a girl like Dawn be lazy on tv?? She was being interviewed! I would love to have switched places with her.
    Dawn admitted in her exit interview on Yahoo! she came extremely close to quitting before Martha could "fire" her, so by that point, her heart just wasn't in it after what happened to her in the task before that.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by user name
    Based on the previews for next week, they're certainly pushing that angle.
    People in other forums have said the same thing about Jim. Some feel Martha kept him around just for ratings, though I'm not so sure about that.

FORT Fogey

Amy's blog on Yahoo! is up

To all:

Amy's blog on Yahoo! is up. In it, she noted she was writing her farewell to Jennifer long before she was gone.

She also brought up an interesting point: At the time filming of this show was done, Martha was still under House Arrest for her crimes. That means she might have subconciously gone after Jennifer because she was an Assistant DA.

Quote Originally Posted by babydollbrat
    I was just watching Martha on her daytime show and she had Jennifer on. She gave her audience all both bottles of dressing and told the viewing audience to pick them up because they were both delicious.
    Yes I am a Martha addict! lol
    Oh and what did they talk about?

I really believe for the first time in MY Apprentice viewing history, the wrong person got fired. Ok well maybe I'm a little bias because I wanted Jennifer to win haha BUT if I was Martha, I would have fired Jim. You can't do ANYTHING to win (i.e. Ivana pulling her skirt down). I think that, in this case, you can't really put the blame on anyone. Yes, Jennifer was behind the counter, but it's not like she wasn't doing ANYTHING. She was a good leader in my opinion. Martha should have looked at the situation and saw who should be THE APPRENTICE (hence the title of the show). I don't think Martha has rude, loud, obnoxious, arrogant people working for her... unless she really DOES see Jim when she looks in the mirror haha!!!

FORT Newbie
    I think that she should have pulled Jim from sales. She was blatantly told that he was a liability to the customers. She never addressed it which was bad leadership. She was lucky to have a good team that made it not look as horrible as she was.

I think it's good to keep Jim around - even if he is extremely annoying just - just like I thought it was a good idea to keep the kids from Trump's Apprentice who dipped and cried when was fired. It shows more about a persons managerial skills if they have a live wire like him and can really show what the project managers can do in more realistic situations.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    Alexis and the old guy in a commercial! Alexis is about as sexy as an empty bottle of the Asian Dressing.
    So true!
    She also has that aura about her that....I dunno... she's "Maaathaaaa's daughta, you're all trivial" look about her.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think Jim survived because of his big mouth per se. In addition to being good for ratings, he hasn't shown to be a bad manager (because he hasn't stepped up), although he has indeed shown to be bad in every other capacity. Jen, meanwhile, showed she was a bad manager because she was afraid to control him, which is no good because she would have to deal with people like him in an executive position.

Andy got the ultimate revenge. First the girls who were at each others throats dressed up like hookers and bonded. Then they got in another catfight in the boardroom (while Kelly smartly kept his mouth shut, much like Andy). That was followed by one of them getting booted because the business leaders saw her as incompetent, while the other got torn apart almost unanimously in the finale (leading to the lamest finale in history last season where nothing happened but half an hour of commercials). But the icing on the cake was that Andy ultimately got hired by Trump anyway, proving that he was more qualified than the other two.

I like Marcela, but I'm afraid she'll end up being too weak. She's not as weak as people like Chuck or Jen W (Donald), but she does often have that deer in the headlights look.

I think the right person was let go. She just didn't show the managerial qualities neccessary. Martha and crew came up with a solution right away, and from all their reactions when they were talking about creative people they did seem to know exactly how to deal with Jim types, and that they all have before. He did do a good job of creating the lable, and that should have been enough. Clearly as soon as Jennifer saw he was acting that way around customers she should have pulled him from selling. I think either one could have gone actually, so you might as well keep the crazy one on the tv show

Everyone has seen Jim fly off of the handle and go absolutely berserk in the condo. That is the scene that Jennifer was afraid would happen if she pulled Jim.

If Jim had created a scene like that it would have been infinitely more dangerous and detrimental than his slightly toned down sales technique. Jennifer was damned if she did and damned if she didn't. Is that her fault, or Jim's for putting her in that position?

I vote for his, hands-down. It's not always possible to control a PEER that doesn't want to be controlled. I still maintain that that wasn't the sign of a bad Program Manager... it's the sign of a bad teammember.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Dressing recipes!

Quote Originally Posted by GT Mom
    The Asian one was not offered but a Cranberry Walnut dressing is offered along with the Rosemary Lime that Marcela created.
    Probably b/c the ingredients in the asian one would have been too expensive to get a good profit margin. Does anyone know the recipes for the dressings? I'd love to know what was in the green one they all thought was so delicious.

Here is what Bethany(? - the older abrasive one) told Martha was in her asian dressing:
    sesame oil
    rice wine vinegar
    honey
    wasabi
    peanut butter
    white vinegar
    olive oil
    ginger

... but I recalled seeing them put lemon juice in as well? And don't you think the recipe should also have soy sauce not only for the taste but also b/c she didn't mention salt? Aside from the fact we don't know the proportions of ingredients, I'm not sure what was shown on TV were all the ingredients they used.

Quote Originally Posted by jamsmommy
    I think that she should have pulled Jim from sales. She was blatantly told that he was a liability to the customers. She never addressed it which was bad leadership. She was lucky to have a good team that made it not look as horrible as she was.

I think it's good to keep Jim around - even if he is extremely annoying just - just like I thought it was a good idea to keep the kids from Trump's Apprentice who dipped and cried when was fired. It shows more about a persons managerial skills if they have a live wire like him and can really show what the project managers can do in more realistic situations.

I'd forgotten about the furious dipper
    Last edited by Harvest; 10-20-2005 at 07:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread