+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think it was Alexis who swayed Martha on Jim, as she has said before, she related to the underdog on the group.

I liked tonight's episode, and I'd buy both those dressings, but I'm glad Marcela's won.

I wish Martha would show some claws though, and what made her a Billionaire. The Donald came from money, Martha came from nothing.

FORT Fogey
    I think Jim is going when Mark Burnetts says so. I doubt they will keep him much longer because the integrity of the show and Martha are going to be compromised soon. Jen deserved to go. It is inexcusable for a leader to be afraid to reprimand an employee! That is the only thing that lent a degree of credibility for giving Jim a pass.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Although I think Jennifer didn't do a great job in leading, she wasn't horrible. Jim was crass, rude and completely unprofessional. Basically I think he was kept around for the drama factor, but he doesn't even produce drama. He's just loud and interrupts everyone. Certainly could never see him working for Martha.

On another note, I *HEART* that Stew Leonard's store in Yonkers. I shop there and it's an AWESOME store. There are frequently demos (definitely not with 6 people and loud obnoxious ones). I just wish I were there for this one. I'd definitely buy either of the 2 flavors. Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the commercial afterwards shows a Rosemary Lime, but not an Asian. Maybe Wish-Bone had an Asian dressing in their line already?

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Although I think Jennifer didn't do a great job in leading, she wasn't horrible. Jim was crass, rude and completely unprofessional. Basically I think he was kept around for the drama factor, but he doesn't even produce drama. He's just loud and interrupts everyone. Certainly could never see him working for Martha.

On another note, I *HEART* that Stew Leonard's store in Yonkers. I shop there and it's an AWESOME store. There are frequently demos (definitely not with 6 people and loud obnoxious ones). I just wish I were there for this one. I'd definitely buy either of the 2 flavors. Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the commercial afterwards shows a Rosemary Lime, but not an Asian. Maybe Wish-Bone had an Asian dressing in their line already?
    marybeth... I'm with you. I think it was heinous that Martha chastized Jennifer for not being able to control Jim (a peer to peer relationship), when it's clear that Martha can't even control him in the boardroom. A boss would never let Jim get away with that incessant eyerolling, interruptions, and derogatory speech. The minute he got reprimanded at the store, he should have been fired for harming the company's (aka Martha's) reputation.

I used to shop at the Stew Leonard's in Danbury and Norwalk. Love love love those stores.. they're just fun.

The WishBone dressing they're offering right now is the Rosemary Lime... but if you go to their website (http://wish-bone.com/apprentice/index.asp) you have the option of voting in their next limited edition dressing. The Asian Dressing is one of those options.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think it was heinous that Martha chastized Jennifer for not being able to control Jim (a peer to peer relationship), when it's clear that Martha can't even control him in the boardroom.
    Great point! ITA!

Can't wait for Jim to be gone!

Do you think Mark Burnett is calling the shots? How much do you think he can/does call the shots in Survivor? I would like to believe he lets the tribes decide the fate of the characters. As a loyal Survivor watcher, a few times it seems like I root for someone to be gone then when they are, I become ambivalent about those that are left and don't feel a strong pull for or against the remaining players.

Same thing could happen here on the Appentice.

Hopefully soon they will give us a little more insight into some other personalities so that when Jim is gone (next week I hope) we can find someone new to hate (or love).
    Rozzie

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I think it was heinous that Martha chastized Jennifer for not being able to control Jim (a peer to peer relationship), when it's clear that Martha can't even control him in the boardroom. A boss would never let Jim get away with that incessant eyerolling, interruptions, and derogatory speech. The minute he got reprimanded at the store, he should have been fired for harming the company's (aka Martha's) reputation.
    Exactly. Jennifer did not do a good job of leading in that situation, but when the store manager warned them Jennifer should have at the very least taken Jim aside and told him to either tone it down or he's out of there. I couldn't believe that Martha fired Jennifer for not controlling him... it's like having a cockroach running loose in your house and you kick your husband out because he couldn't stomp on it. You get rid of the cockroach, not the husband.

If you go on nbc.com you can vote for the new flavor of the limited edition Wishbone salad dressing. Anyone know if the Rosemary Lime is available in stores? It sounded yummy.

Martha explained how Jenn could have easily controlled the cockroach without mass hysteria by simply giving him something more behind the scenes. If she is so easily bullied, she has no place in business. Martha may have allowed him to be his usual self in the conference room for her own reasons, but make no mistake that she could have squashed him like a bug at any time.

FORT Regular
    If Jennifer took Jim off the sales floor, she would have had a better chance of staying (although I don't think Burnett wanted Jim to go just yet).

If Jen did anything after Jim was warned by the store manager (take him aside or pull him off the floor), she could have easily said that the time lost during the whole "Bad Jim" situation is what cost them the win. If she didn't have to take the time to deal with Jim, more bottles could have been sold and that would have made up the difference.

But she did nothing, so she was canned.

Adam

I was just watching Martha on her daytime show and she had Jennifer on. She gave her audience all both bottles of dressing and told the viewing audience to pick them up because they were both delicious.
    Yes I am a Martha addict! lol

+ Reply to Thread