+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    You know, it always bugs me in the Apprentice when one person is trying to make their point, and "The Live Wire" keeps interrupting them, interrupting The Boss, not letting them get a word in edgewise, and The Boss fires them for "not being able to handle them."

We have poor Jennifer being fired today for not "handling Jim" in the Boardroom. How could she? She could make a big point and Jim would make some sort of inane comment. She says he's practically a nut (which Martha agrees), and he says "Oh, so now she's a lawyer and a psychologist", interrupting her. Every word she says, he interrupts with an inane comment. Would any actual boss accept that from employees? Hell no!

But now we have Jennifer going. But this isn't the first time, we had Andy being fired by The Donald for being "out-debated" (and I use that term loosely) in the boardroom by two screaming lunatics that started yelling hysterically whenever he tried to make a single cogent point - and The Donald fires him rather than telling them to let him make his point.

But you know - I think The Donald would have fired Jim. Not for being a live wire, but for calling it a game. Trump "acts" more seriously (re: the "job interview" part) than Martha seems to, her words about how "Serious this is for Martha Stewart Living" just seemed phony and forced to me) and he wouldn't accept people calling it "the game."

T.

FORT Regular
    Jim is now POSITIVE that acting like a bomb is the MAIN reason why he hasn't been fired. He's like Janice Dickinson from Surreal Life. He knows that the rest of the cast is dead but is also aware that he will have more fans for revealing his REAL personality.(no matter what it is)
    Maybe if the rest of the cast start selling Martha their personality they'd be more likeable. I believe her employees are 'real' people who martha feels she knows and can trust. Besides Jim and Bethany, we don't rteally know much about the personalities of the other cast members. They all have this "peace and harmony" attitude that just isn't real enough to like.

The editors only show Jim and any drama surrounding him. If Martha just tells him to shut it, maybe the others will have some air time for once. But the network and producers do anything for ratings so they edit and they keep Jim. This is why we don't really know most of the other players, like tonight, I didn't even know there was someone named Dawna on the team.

FORT Regular
    Shes not gonna tell him to shut up because this IS a game. lol Its a game show where the prize is a job in Marthas' company. And like any successful game show the contestants have to appeal to the viewers. Most of these people have enough education to get a better job than what Martha is offering and these people are already weathy and successful in their field. I think there are too many contestants playing the 'quiet' role and Martha is sick of these uninteresting lames. So she trys to stir things up in hopes to get a rise out of them. Shes gonna keep Jim in this game as long as there is someone else to blame because hes the only one REALLY playing.

Who was Dawna? Is she still on? lol
    I didn't know any of the members of Primarus by name until tonight.
    The only members I knew by sight are the ones Jim 'touched'.
    Last edited by curufio; 10-19-2005 at 10:27 PM.

LOL Yes, Dawna is still on. She's not the Dawn that was fired last week. lol You're right that this is a game show. I take it too seriously that these contestants want the job. They just want to be on tv don't they?

You only know the ones Jim speaks/barks to? LOL! Me too.

FORT Regular
    haha. I hate Jim but can't say I love anyone else... hmmm.. maybe I like tonights Matchstick PM. She wasn't quite sure that she could pull it off but at least she tried and showed me that she was no longer a boat paddler.
    "It taste nice? Nice isn't good enough!" lol

I liked the way Martha decided that only two were on the firing line and didn't bother asking the PM to choose. How many times did the other team members comment that Jennifer wasn't doing the PM's job? Between Jennifer and Jim the Jackass only Jennifer had a shot at the apprenticeship and she blew it. Martha and Co solved the "What to do with Jim" problem easily when told about it. Jenn's inability to come up with this simple solution on her own and approach Jim about his comments showed that she doesn't belong in management. While Jim is a vile and obnoxious man, he did create a great label and sold a lot of the dressing. Jenn was the reason they lost this task. Didn't she set the high price too?

Burntcrow- Bogbeast Bethanny? She didn't think Marcela could equal her in the kitchen, but that was only part of the task. Her dressing just had to be good; not necessarily the best and it was.

I like the way Ryan's team helped Marcela decide on a dressing rather than take the first thing she came up with so they wouldn't hurt her feelings. It made it more of a group effort instead of dumping everything on the cook. The woman that said Marcela needed to be monitored was out of line though. It was smart of them to market it as a dressing/dip/???? instead of just a dressing. When Leslie's pushiness was revealed Ryan reined her in. Their only mistake was Ryan saying that he didn't contribute to the win. Praising your team is one thing, but he was a big part of the win and should have taken credit for it.

I'm adding Ryan and Marcela to my fav list with Howie. I loved the way Howie stood up to the Jackass. I predict that Jim will be forced to be PM next week and fail miserably.

I'm no fan of Jim, but Jennifer truly deserved to be sent home. She didn't even bother to pull Jim out of the task (or at least put him in his place). MS made the right choice on whom to send home. For crying out loud, Jennifer's an attorney! She really should've known better than to let things get out of hand. What kind of attorney lets some hyperactive, overly aggressive prick walk all over her? Obviously, not a very good attorney. As for Jim, I'm counting the days to the episode where he finally gets the boot!

Premium Member
    I loved Martha's "catch phrase" tonight. "Jennifer... you're not working for me."

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    But now we have Jennifer going. But this isn't the first time, we had Andy being fired by The Donald for being "out-debated" (and I use that term loosely) in the boardroom by two screaming lunatics that started yelling hysterically whenever he tried to make a single cogent point - and The Donald fires him rather than telling them to let him make his point.
    T.
    That was the moment I stopped respecting what the Donald had to say. Anyone who thought Andy was being creamed in that "debate" knows nothing about how real debates work in business. Sometimes you just shut up and let your opponent play all her cards... badly.

Trump is just used to dictating terms and bullying people. He's not a great listener. Listening is just as important as talking, if not more so, in a real negotiation.

Going back to tonight, I have no idea what the Martha was thinking, other than that Burnett told her Jim would be good for ratings. Jim's performance today reminded me of the idiot who was voted first off the island in Apprentice I or II - the guy who was a doctor and a lawyer but simply wouldn't take the task seriously and started harassing people on bicycles to attempt sales. I can't imagine the Martha would hire him in a million years, no matter how smart he is. Just too high maintenance.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

+ Reply to Thread