+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 10/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Shawn can always get a job as a Princess Diana lookalike. When she was sent upstairs initially I thought "WTF", she was so depressing about the cake, worst saleswoman ever. I also did not get why the ribbon on the cake had to stay pink. If you're spending $6 a slice, surely the ribbon can be whatever colour you want? Bizarre.
    I think she's the spitting image of Suzy Orman, the financial guru.

She was definitely the worst salesman ever, and I'm so glad Martha brought the three back down to the conference room. David (?) should have been chastized a bit more for his stupid conference room picks... as there was absolutely no reason to bring Dawn back in this time.

I thought she had quoted the girl $10 a slice for their cake (Ryan's cake was $6 per)... and I agree.. why can the color of the ribbon not change? That makes absolutely no sense. But I agree with Martha and Alexis..the job of a salesman is to convince a person why pink would have been the perfect color to match a blue wedding. They might not have succeeded, but at least they would have made the proper effort. Shawn didn't do that... she basically told the people every reason why they shouldn't buy their cake. And she had the bad looks to match.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick2000
    how come this apprentice is doing so poorly?
    Because they have it on a lousy night. Has no one told NBC that Lost is on Wednesday night? And that the other Apprentice show is on the next day.

While I like Martha's Apprentice better than Donald's I much prefer Lost to a second Apprentice show.

Shawn was clearly the worst person on this task and when competing for the worst with the likes of Jim, that's REALLY bad. She was involved in the poor planning and sales, but compounded that by committing verbal suicide in the conference room. Even Martha Jr raised eyebrows at the "fake it 'til you make it" comment.

All of the firings so far were great choices. Martha is apparently sick of seeing Matchstick in the hot seat and warned them at the beginning of the show about it. Didn't Shawn speak up at that point guaranteeing a win?

Trump probably had something to do with this terrible time slot. If Martha blew his show out of the water, it would have been well deserved humiliating. Is Don's wife taller than he is in heels? She always looks hunched over (a hunchback model?). Was the reward only dessert? While I'm sure that cost more than any meal I've ever eaten out, it still seamed a little incomplete.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Martha put the PM's on notice tonight that they better choose wisely or she will override their picks.
    My thoughts exactly when I watched this. Good for Martha for recognizing that Shawn was the one who needed to get the boot. There was no good reason that I could see for dragging Dawn in there this time.

Just watched this.

Man is it fun watching the artsy-fartsies go down in flames. Of course there's a team scramble coming, we all know that, but it is SO fun to hate these assenheimers. Every last one of them.

OKay. Maybe not Dawn. The more they insist on hating her, the more I like her. So she's negative? Does she even have a CHOICE about that when surrounded by morons like this?

Hee. I loved how when Trumpie entered they brought back his "regal" music. They've ditched that on the regular Apprentice show, but it was funny here.

Okay... what I want to know is why Martha feels she should undo the picking mistakes of the project manager? Donald knows that if you pick badly then YOU, the project manager should pay the price. This proves that Martha's no Donald. Not to mention the fact that David should be punished for targeting Dawn simply because he can't think for himself and has to do whatever Jim says.

David should have gone. It's that simple.

But ouch... Martha's bye bye letter to Shawn was actually pretty viscous, wasn't it (although a lot of the references were indirect, if barbed... the whole "talkative" was nothin' compared to the implication that Shawn isn't "beautiful inside").
    Last edited by Krom; 10-06-2005 at 03:43 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Okay... what I want to know is why Martha feels she should undo the picking mistakes of the project manager? Donald knows that if you pick badly then YOU, the project manager should pay the price. This proves that Martha's no Donald. Not to mention the fact that David should be punished for targeting Dawn simply because he can't think for himself and has to do whatever Jim says.

David should have gone. It's that simple.
    I think dberk said it very well:
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    She let David off with a "you're inexperienced" this time, because she had bigger/nastier fish to fry, but I'm sure she's not going to forget this.
    I think Martha knew it was more important to get rid of Shawn, but David had better watch out.

Yes, but what lesson is she teaching them then?

Honestly, if Martha was going to break the rules to teach a lesson, the best course would have been to boot David for being a stupid puppet boy and THEN call the team back afterwards and procede to boot Shawn AS WELL.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan
    Does David remind anyone else of Peter Brady (from the Brady Bunch?) I think the "Fake it 'til you make it slogan" might work for one employee to say to another, but definitely not a line that you want to use with a potential boss.

Whenever Martha and her cronies talk it always seems stiff & forced to me. Martha's daughter mostly smiles & nods or gives simple platitudes or brief statements that agree with her Mom.

I'm surprised that Martha didn't make some sort of offer to Jim for him to be there when his baby was born, or shortly thereafter. It seems to me that being there for the birth of your child is one of those things that you REALLY don't want to miss.

Not the best show ever, but I'll keep watching.

Premium Member

Honestly, if Martha was going to break the rules to teach a lesson, the best course would have been to boot David for being a stupid puppet boy and THEN call the team back afterwards and procede to boot Shawn AS WELL.
    Probably because it's her show and her rules. She's the boss and it's ultimately her decision who gets this job in the end, so I don't have a problem with her overriding them if they try to eliminate someone that Martha isn't ready to let go of yet.
    I do think that if she had chosen to let David's choices stand then he should have been the one to go. I just think that Shawn's big mouth was way over the top compared to anybody else, and that along with her poor performance overall is what made her the right one to go.

FORT Fogey

Absolutely.

+ Reply to Thread