+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 10/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It looks like Shawn was suffering from the "Foot in Mouth" syndrome and it costed her big time. Shawn loused up on the sales badly and Martha sent her packing. Shawn truly deserved to be sent home.

Yeah, not only did Shawn do a bad job but she told Martha to fire her- quite literally. And the "faking it" quote wouldn't fly with any employer. Who wants an employee that "fakes it"?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick2000
    I think Martha is definitely nicer and fairer than Trump. Trump would just fire the PM.
    You are right about Trump taking the path of least resistance. He may all but tell the PM who they should bring to the final boardroom, but won't push the issue. Martha put the PM's on notice tonight that they better choose wisely or she will override their picks. She let David off with a "you're inexperienced" this time, because she had bigger/nastier fish to fry, but I'm sure she's not going to forget this.

Clearly none of these creative people can be creative and they are even worse at trying to handle the management aspects of the tasks. That doesn't bode well for any of their chances.

giz
    When is Alexis going to say anything?

Shawn can always get a job as a Princess Diana lookalike. When she was sent upstairs initially I thought "WTF", she was so depressing about the cake, worst saleswoman ever. I also did not get why the ribbon on the cake had to stay pink. If you're spending $6 a slice, surely the ribbon can be whatever colour you want? Bizarre.

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    So can anyone tell me why Dawn said the F word before the commercial break? How can they change the time to 9pm? I'm watching Lost then and taping Veronica Mars. All I could do was flip to Martha during commercial breaks.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

So can anyone tell me why Dawn said the F word before the commercial break?
    One of the people loading the cakes ended up putting a hand in one of the sheet cakes. They didn't show it (or I missed it) but apparently the damage wasn't too bad.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey
    I did not agree that poor selling was the reason for Matchsticks failure. The cake was ugly. A wedding cake is like the dress. You like it or you don't and no sales pitch is going to change personal taste. Those responsible for the concept are at fault. It was like trying to sell an Edsel, a pink Edsel!

Too bad this shows format mirrors Trump. Some changes were needed to make it fresh. A time slot not opposite Lost would help it too. What were they thinking? This show is now for those with Tivo's.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I did not agree that poor selling was the reason for Matchsticks failure. The cake was ugly. A wedding cake is like the dress. You like it or you don't and no sales pitch is going to change personal taste. Those responsible for the concept are at fault. It was like trying to sell an Edsel, a pink Edsel!
    I blame Shawn for that as well. Most of the bad choices came out of her conversation with the wedding cake "expert" she called.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I blame Shawn for that as well. Most of the bad choices came out of her conversation with the wedding cake "expert" she called.
    I agree, Shawn was responsible for the color pink and the women who chose the shape and decoration details failed as well.

My Tivo season pass messed up and recorded E-Ring. Thanks for the posts!!!

+ Reply to Thread