+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cancellation Territory?

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Cancellation Territory?

I haven't heard anything, so this is all speculation.

The week two overnight ratings were down to 4.5 for The Martha, down from a 5.5 the first week (The Donald scored only a 6.4 as well).

Compare that to the 16.1 The Apprentice 2 pulled in, and the 14.0 The Apprentice 3 scored.

Diluting the series was clearly a monumental mistake by NBC. So, here's the question? Do they pull The Martha now? Put it on haitus and air the rest in January?

Or do they continue to take their lumps and hope things pick up next week against weaker competition, knowing that it's probably hurting The Donald's version through oversaturation?
    Passing over to the Dark Side

I think the show 'll get cancelled

Martha is boring and promotes the freak outa her business too much, and the contestants are looney and unattractive imo

I watched last night just for the hell of it and she didn't even fire that gay dude right, she shook the dude hand

the only reason i would watch it again is to see that obnoxious moron Jim self destruct and to see the fake George Ross light up that blunt he had in his mouth

FORT Regular
    I could see NBC relegating Martha to Bravo like they did with that Law Firm show.

That said, NBC has so many other clunkers right now, I don't know if they have anything much better to replace it with.

FORT Fogey
    Until we we can see her mean side, this show won't do well. As Mr Beefy said, the show will probably move to Bravo.

FORT Fanatic
    I agree Martha is very boring and dull. She seems to have a following(more her magazine), but the ratings for the apprentice are really bad. Her daytime talk show is also not doing to well, either.

I must say that I am enjoying Martha's version over Trump's, but aparently I am in the minority.

I don't think it will get cancelled. I'm sure Martha has something in her contract restricting cancellation. I could however see them switching nights.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    I don't think it will get cancelled. I'm sure Martha has something in her contract restricting cancellation. I could however see them switching nights.
    I agree. I don't think it will be cancelled. But they may change the schedule around a bit.

I checked it out for the heck of it, and I thought it was weird and boring. As the trades say, she should keep her day job (and I don't think they were referring to her talk show either!)!

FORT Fogey
    I don't see it being cancelled:

NBC basically gave up on the Wednesday 8:00 PM ET/PT slot when the one original episode of the first season of The Apprentice that aired there was killed by American Idol. The numbers Martha is getting are actually an improvement over last season I believe, as NBC knows they get killed in the second half of the season in that slot, so they are just hoping for anything out of Martha.

Actually, I like this version better than Donalds. Why complain about Martha promoting Omnimedia Donald Trump is a thousand times worse in promoting his own company and its products, everything with him is over the top, its the biggest, brightest, most wonderful, he is like a cheap used car sales man with a very crappy looking hair piece.

This show is going back to basics as far as the tasks go and they have a possible contender in Jim for Omarossa's title of reality tv's most hated villan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast