+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cancellation Territory?

Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    Anyone know the ratings for last night show? I'm sure Martha got crushed by Lost.
    Heck, even Nanny 911 beat Martha. Martha came in 4th on the overnights.

This is really sad. I liked this show better than the latest version of Trump's but I won't watch it at 9 PM on Wednesdays. They may be moving it though to protect Law & Order. It got killed by CSI:NY probably partly because of the poor lead in ratings for L&O.

Maybe if she gets cancelled Martha will FINALLY lose that overly modulated voice that's making me want to tear my hair out.

Or does only the Cybil Sheppard version of Martha actually yell?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    Heck, even Nanny 911 beat Martha. Martha came in 4th on the overnights.

This is really sad. I liked this show better than the latest version of Trump's but I won't watch it at 9 PM on Wednesdays. They may be moving it though to protect Law & Order. It got killed by CSI:NY probably partly because of the poor lead in ratings for L&O.
    Actually, Martha's ratings were up slightly from the first two episodes, which is very good because in addition to what it was up against as already noted, it also aired directly opposite Game 2 of the American League Division Series between the Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox on ESPN, which also aired on over-the-air stations in Boston and Chicago. I'm sure that impacted any improvement Martha might have as well.

This show is going nowhere in the ratings, fast.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    This show is going nowhere in the ratings, fast.
    Tonight is going to be the real test. In addition to Lost, tonight's episode airs in most of the country directly opposite BOTH Game 1 of the National League Championship Series between the Houston Astros and St. Louis Cardinals and Game 2 of the American League Championship Series between the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Chicago White Sox on FOX and FX (FOX airs one game, FX the other). That is probably going to cause a lot of shows to lose ratings tonight.

Well since I don't watch Lost and don't give a rip about baseball, I'll be one of the handful watching tonight!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey
    I can see this show going through a revamp and appearing next season in a better time slot. Martha's name is too big to throw this one away just yet. Winning a time slot during the end of baseball season AND against Lost will be considered. They may even change the day and time again before it completes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I can see this show going through a revamp and appearing next season in a better time slot. Martha's name is too big to throw this one away just yet. Winning a time slot during the end of baseball season AND against Lost will be considered. They may even change the day and time again before it completes.

IMO, I think this will be a one season show...no renewal. I still think it would be a good summer show when the only other main stream reality show on is Big Brother.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    IMO, I think this will be a one season show...no renewal. I still think it would be a good summer show when the only other main stream reality show on is Big Brother.
    Yeah. I go back and forth. A huge mistake was having both Donald and Martha run in the same season. One following the other would have been better. The logic escapes me.

"The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" improved a little over last week, averaging 5.1/8 to finish fourth.

It seems the time change to an hour later is helping a little bit....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast