+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which Apprentice is better: Martha or Donald?

FORT Fan

Which Apprentice is better: Martha or Donald?

1. Cast: Donald's pool of contestants are of superior quality than Martha's. Donald has graduates from big name schools like Oxford, MIT, and Wharton; has an inventor, two 2004 Miss America contestants, two public prosecutors; and several self-made multi-millionaires (what are they doing on a TV show, don't they have a business to run?), etc. Martha's contestants looks sort of "ho hum" compared to Donald's, like the contestants in Donald's first year.

2. Drama: But the catfight and drama could be stronger among Martha's contestants than among Donald's, as we saw in the first round.

3. Host: Martha is too sweet-natured compared to the Donald. "You are not just the right fit" compared to Donald's "You're fired". She even hand-writes an apologetic letter to each "loser".

4. Hunger: I think Donald is determined to prove that his version trumps the ratings over Martha's, and Martha probably doesn't care. Hence, Donald will probably win on reality TV, even though Martha is already the winner in real life business (and Donald's Trump Taj Mahal is bankrupt).

What do you guys think?

I really enjoyed Martha's version last night. Wish we could have gotten to know the contestants a little better, but that is always the case for the first few shows of these reality programs. Donald always seems so full of himself, but perhaps post-Green Acres, he will lighten up a little. Of course, tonight's episode was already filmed before the Emmy show,

FORT Newbie
    Martha, because she is hot. I have always liked Martha, even when she was in the big house, I was there, When her cakes did not come out good, I was there, When those flowers didn't stick to that wreath, I WAS THERE!! Martha I love you.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    1. Cast: Hence, Donald will probably win on reality TV, even though Martha is already the winner in real life business (and Donald's Trump Taj Mahal is bankrupt).
    ?
    -If both were stripped of their money/ assets, who would rise to the top first? Not Martha! (That also goes for Branson and the Dot-Com Mark Guy (Benefactor)

-Martha is an ex-con. Dont care if that is a low blow.

-One "bankrupt" business is peanuts. Who knows what the real story is, why he still keeps it, but again it is a pointless observation.

You may like Martha better, but that does not account for anything in business. Martha has just been extraordinarily lucky appealing to the publics desire for her wares. Donald has had to deal with real business people.

Donald is the better business person. I actually like/ dislike all of these people the same

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernCanada
    You may like Martha better, but that does not account for anything in business. Martha has just been extraordinarily lucky appealing to the publics desire for her wares. Donald has had to deal with real business people.
    The empire Martha has created is far from being lucky. Not to take anything away from Trump, but real estate mogals are a dime a dozen. Yes, he has many billions, but there are many who are at or near 7 figures.

On the other hand, who was Martha's competition in the beginning? Eloise?
    I'm impressed with what she has accomplished (disregarding the "contributions" from her ex-husband conveniently left out in the lengthy intro).

it is too early to judge. Martha has a stern harsh side (Conan O'Brien spoofs of her in my mind ), but she may be holding back due to PR fallout from her stint in the slammer.

That sleazy stogie guy is annoying. George could mop the Italian marble floor with him.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    1 two 2004 Miss America contestants
    JENNIFER competed in MISS USA...not Miss America (although she competed at the state level)...there is a BIG difference between the two systems.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I thought the childrens book task was weak(buy not easy, mind you), but maybe they wanted to start off slow.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I think that Donald's is better... for now. Martha's show has potential to be amazing, but after watching the season premier last night, I realized that I spent the entire episode waiting for her to lose her cool and be the difficult b*tch we all know and love. It never happened and I got really disappointed. I thought Martha was acting too nice and was forced to hold back due to her crazed PR team-- and it's a real shame. I didn't get the impression that she was being herself.

Don't get me wrong, I love this woman-- a great inspiration for females everywhere. I just wish that she didn't feel like she needed to make herself too bland and vanilla. I like the more interesting Martha who yells at her staff and nitpicks over minutae. That Martha rocks! Nice Martha is ok, but I don't know... the show's giving me a bit of a so what vibe. I hope she looses her cool soon and goes off in the "conference room" at one of the contestants.

BTW, I love the "You Just Don't Fit In". I rooting for her nonetheless. Hers is one hell of a comeback story. And I felt bad for her during the whole jail thing.

Donald's is better hands down... the formula just works better with him.

Not The Apprentice formula doesn't work with other people. The guy on the U.K. version was good, for example, but Martha just seems... forced. Kind of like she does on her live talk show...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Donald's is better hands down... the formula just works better with him.

Not The Apprentice formula doesn't work with other people. The guy on the U.K. version was good, for example, but Martha just seems... forced. Kind of like she does on her live talk show...
    I concur.

Donald has the outgoing, flamboyant personality to pull off a show like this.
    I enjoy watching him, and he makes the boardroom segments just as entertaining as the task competition.

Martha, on the other hand, has the personality of a parking meter.
    When she tries to loosen up a little and act less "stuffy", it definitely comes across as forced.

However, she doesn't turn me off enough to not tune in.
    I will still watch and enjoy the show, because I enjoy watching the teams competing in the various tasks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast