+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which Apprentice is better: Martha or Donald?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Her dismissal phrase, "You do not fit in", sounds like a rejection more fitting to someone failing to aquire membership into an elitist club. It made me cringe. The poorly written and hypocritical hand written letter was just plain stupid.
    I think Mark Burnett should introduce "I'm sorry, You're not right for Our Band: Martha Stewart"...it worked well on Rock Star.

I have to say that I checked into this thread hoping that Martha was getting ripped to shreds but it seems she has an audience.

My bias is showing through but I tuned out of Donald's first season because I thought is was a nasty show. Being fired has to be one of the most traumatic things that could happen to someone (well...not so much your highschool part-time job...not that I'm admitting anything).

I keep thinking this is a Prime Example of ego driven billionaires needing even more fuel to bolster their ego. Not that I'm against people making money but has a billionaire ever made their money without the blood, sweat, tears, stress and talent of the people they hired? How many people has Trump made miserable? How many people has Stewart ripped into? How many people have they actually fired and emotionally damaged.

Wow...I'm not sure where that rant came from. I only meant to say I dislike them both. :smile

I think I like Martha's better just because it's something new and fresh (besides, I've always liked how crafty Martha could get haha). When I watched Donald's, I was kind of bored. They're back to the old men vs. women thing (yawn). I don't like Martha's "firing" phrase. It just doesn't seem like it fits in haha! But the drama on Martha's is just whoa! There are already people on there that I don't like!

It does sound weird how the show is almost a copycat of Donald's. Martha's "hosting" sounds weird as well. It's like she's trying hard NOT to sound excited when she wants to just jump and scream haha! And what is up with the other judge always having a cigar in his hand?! I do like the set though, it gives it a Martha touch. And THAT'S a good thing haha! Also, I like "Sweet Dreams" for the theme song. Gives as much punch as Donald's "Money"!

Maybe Burnett should've let Donald take a rest for one season and put on Martha. At least there won't be competition, and all the viewers from Donald's would tune in to Martha's since Donald's isn't on.

I actually liked Martha's for some reason... I actually watched it, unlike Donald's
    "this love is unbreakable..."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I guess the people that liked the pre-prison Martha Stewart show like this as well? I wasn't one of those people, but I'm just wondering.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    I guess the people that liked the pre-prison Martha Stewart show like this as well? I wasn't one of those people, but I'm just wondering.
    Yeah, I'm one of those people! I watched MS Living before....hell, I even read the magazine quite a bit. I've always been a Martha fan.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

aly
    Donald is better, hands down. In my opinion, there's not even a comparison that can be made. Martha is SUCH a bore! The shows are way too similar. It sounds like she's reading Donald's script almost word for word. They really should have mixed things up a little on Martha's show. I have no doubt that Martha is a raving b**ch behind the cameras, but on the show she is an extremely annoying, boring "fake sweet". I've never been a Martha fan, but I'm not exactly a Donald lover either, so I think I am able to form an unbiased opinion on the shows. Martha's was dry despite the drama. Donald's is almost always exciting for me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Good to hear somebody sees it the way I do! GMTA!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    Yeah, I'm one of those people! I watched MS Living before....hell, I even read the magazine quite a bit. I've always been a Martha fan.
    Count me in on Martha's side too! I like Trump's show, but I love Martha!

Count me in on Martha's side too! I like Trump's show, but I love Martha!
    Not to disrespect the people answering "Martha", but it seems to me that a lot of the answers in favor of her show are like the above--they point to liking Martha herself instead of talking about the relative merits of the shows.

Mind you, that's just my impression reading those. But to me the question wasn't "which of these people do you like more", it was "which show is better".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Not to disrespect the people answering "Martha", but it seems to me that a lot of the answers in favor of her show are like the above--they point to liking Martha herself instead of talking about the relative merits of the shows.

Mind you, that's just my impression reading those. But to me the question wasn't "which of these people do you like more", it was "which show is better".
    I'm not sure the shows can be separated from the people (Martha/Don) that are theoretically in charge. I've only had 2 shows to assess Martha, since I haven't seen her other show. I've had 4 seasons to come to the conclusion that Donald is a egotistical, posturing jerk. I enjoy both shows, but expect more from Martha's, because I think she has more to offer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast