+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which Apprentice is better: Martha or Donald?

Premium Member
    Which Apprentice show is better? I find that difficult to answer after one episode of each show this season, however, we do have history with the Donald version, so technically it should be a better show at this point, having had time to iron out the wrinkles. Although, of course, the Martha version could have taken notes from the previous three Donald versions, so that should help her show start off pretty smoothly, I guess.

Somehow I get the feeling that Martha runs Omnimedia very differently than she runs The Apprentice show, I feel like she's putting on that Martha image persona when talking with the candidates, and I would bet she's a lot less polite and patient when dealing with her own employees. Whereas with the Donald, well, he's pretty full of himself on the show, and I somehow wouldn't be surprised if in real life he was equally full of himself, hehe. And I feel like at least he's trying hard to make the show a success, whereas Martha seems to take it for granted, like she's entitled to it.

Will be interesting to see how the weekly tasks will compare - I guess I am expecting the Donald version tasks to be more intense than the Martha ones, but I'm not sure why.

Her catch phrase of "You just don't fit in" seems kind of like a personal slam to me, like telling the person, hey, you're not cool or hip enough to hang out here anymore, not that they're not smart enough or talented enough to do the job, but it's just that we don't like you as a person.

Of course, telling the candidate "You're fired" when they haven't even gotten the job yet doesn't make much sense to me, either.

I guess my problem with both shows is, I had originally thought the show would be offering a great job to someone who needed it, but it turns out, NONE of the people who make it onto either of these Apprentice shows needs that job!! They are all already more successful than anyone I will ever know and thus, I could care less which one of them gets to be the Apprentice. Now, if they limited all the candidates to people who've never made more than the average U.S. income, I'd like the show much better.

Back on topic, I'd rate Donald's version slightly higher than Martha's at this point.

FORT Newbie
    I dont think it is difficult I thought the Martha show was awful. The cast is just terrible. Trump although getting very very boring was still a better show and more exciting.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkibbyRoote
    Martha, because she is hot. I have always liked Martha, even when she was in the big house, I was there, When her cakes did not come out good, I was there, When those flowers didn't stick to that wreath, I WAS THERE!! Martha I love you.
    Damn! This is the funniest post I've read in a long.long time.

I can't decide yet...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Donald is more of a natural, so the show seems to flow better. IMO Martha is trying too hard. I do, however, think that the tasks on Martha's will be more interesting. Not to mention Martha's hair is a hell of alot better than Trump's.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    Which Apprentice show is better? I find that difficult to answer after one episode of each show this season, however, we do have history with the Donald version, so technically it should be a better show at this point, having had time to iron out the wrinkles. .............................. .................

.............................. ........................I guess my problem with both shows is, I had originally thought the show would be offering a great job to someone who needed it, but it turns out, NONE of the people who make it onto either of these Apprentice shows needs that job!! They are all already more successful than anyone I will ever know and thus, I could care less which one of them gets to be the Apprentice. Now, if they limited all the candidates to people who've never made more than the average U.S. income, I'd like the show much better.

Back on topic, I'd rate Donald's version slightly higher than Martha's at this point.
    We have to keep in mind not only has Donald had time to iron out glitches, but Martha's is trying to fit into Donalds format.......hopefully the show will eventually evolve into her own format....and she is holding back which give the show a monotone feel

I agree mozz, it's hard to root for unbelievably successful people. I was under the impression the candidates would be fresh out of college looking for an internship type position.....what was I thinking?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I would imagine that the Apprentices from previous Trump shows have gotten very little instruction from him. The best they can hope for is him putting them in the hands of others they can learn from. The job with Martha sounds like she will be molding them personally.

Trump is ego driven. Martha is goal oriented. We've seen Trump repeatedly making decisions on a whim. I don't see Martha doing this. Trump's Apprentice is a stage primarily for fame whores which Martha's is a wonderful business op.

Trump has had 3 years to come up with a formula for playing a boss on TV. Martha has had one show to improve Trumps formula and make it hers.

FORT Newbie
    I watched Martha's show for about 20 minutes and I must say that it is a complete copy of Donald Trump's show. Would I watch it again? NO.

I must be in the minority here....I'd much rather watch Martha than Trump. I got tired of him after the first season. I guess I'm just more interested personally in the kinds of things Martha does and promotes than I am in Trump.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    Martha seemed tentative and out of her element hosting this show. I thought she would be stronger. She lacked a point of view in the conference room. Jeffs style of leading was dictorial and not close to her description of her company being a family, yet she failed to mention this. She did not ask her assistant, who observed the team, to contribute. This seemed like a weak effort to deliver a show that mirrors Trump.

Her dismissal phrase, "You do not fit in", sounds like a rejection more fitting to someone failing to aquire membership into an elitist club. It made me cringe. The poorly written and hypocritical hand written letter was just plain stupid.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm not wild about having a show that is almost Donald Trump's version......word for word. I think it's kind of weak. I will watch again, but I'm not sure how much more I can take. Shame On Mark Burnett!!! And I think this copycat show is condescending to Martha.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast